Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions that have been bugging me about macros....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions that have been bugging me about macros....

really just one question, and its about the /wait command and timing...

Been playing this long, and I am just now really starting to thing if I am doing it right lol.... anyway...

after a weapon skill, how long should I wait until I equip my TP stuff back on?

/equip Head "WS helm"
    /wait 1
    /ws "Penta thrust" <stnpc>
    /wait 1
    /equip Head "TP helm"

this is what i have right now, as a general example. is the wait 1 after the WS ok? or should it be longer?

what I am trying to ask is, when a WS is selected does the game take the gear equipped at that second, apply it to the WS, so even if gear is changed during the WS animation, it still takes the info from the armor equipped at the second the WS was selected?

I was redoing alot of my macros today... and that question just started bothering me ;p
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Re: Questions that have been bugging me about macros....

One second is fine, the WS damage is triggered all at once as soon as you launch the command. Changing gear during the animation won't affect the outcome as the damage posts to the chat log "instantly".

Comment

ah ok, thats what I thought, but for some reason it was bugging me -.-

Comment

Honestly, I prefer to put the TP equipment back on in a separate macro. I hate how if I change gear, animations for things I've done don't show up, nor does it show in the log. This can fuck up things if you happen to have a mage doing a MB, and personally, I just hate it when my WS damage doesn't show on the log.

Also, if for some reason your WS doesn't go off, you don't have to hit it again to change back into your gear and back out. And with lag sometimes I have this problem more often. It's perfectly fine to do it that way, but I just prefer to do it another, so I thought I'd share my reasoning behind that.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
          Honestly, I prefer to put the TP equipment back on in a separate macro. I hate how if I change gear, animations for things I've done don't show up, nor does it show in the log. This can fuck up things if you happen to have a mage doing a MB, and personally, I just hate it when my WS damage doesn't show on the log.

Also, if for some reason your WS doesn't go off, you don't have to hit it again to change back into your gear and back out. And with lag sometimes I have this problem more often. It's perfectly fine to do it that way, but I just prefer to do it another, so I thought I'd share my reasoning behind that.
          yeah I hate that too, my macros are like yours more then my example, but to get my question answered I made a sample macro like that ;p

Comment

Working...
          X