Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leveling to 30 on fresh character.. how long?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leveling to 30 on fresh character.. how long?

Hey everyone,

I got this game back when it first came out in the US. I was a Warrior/Monk with dreams of one day becoming a Paladin. I wanted so badly to get to 30.. but, around the same time, I went to college. I didn't have as much time as I used to, and I was getting a bit burned out trying to find decent groups and get to 30. Try as I might, I failed. I think I only got to 27-29 or so.

I lost access to that account long ago. I've heard it has become a little easier to level these days.. if I wanted to try again, starting over from level 1 on a fresh character, how long am I looking at to get to level 30 so I can quest for advanced classes? I feel like if I can just get to that point I will be able to have a lot more fun with the game. I'm a casual player, so I don't really want to spend hours upon hours playing at a time.

So yeah, how is it for leveling these days?

Re: Leveling to 30 on fresh character.. how long?

its alot more convineant to level now adays,

you can party
    there is Fields of Valor (hunt monster for extra EPX at the end)
    and campain as well (cant skill up, but nice EXP and rewards)
    and there us level sync, makes it alot easier to form parties.

but campaign and level sync will not let you skill up your skills (unless the level you are synced to is your own, or your skills are not capped even when your synced down)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Fields of valor is a neat addition as it's usually junk you'd kill to level anyway...well at least at the beginning ^^

It makes getting to level 10 or so much easier. There are now books outside every gate you can pick the options from...or at key points in other zones.

One thing Kailea didn't mention is that we now have XP enhancing rings purchasable as CP items. These give a bonus per monster for a limited time...usually per day.(the exception is the anniversary ring but you missed that this year)
      Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
      (have fun MMO players ^^)
      Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

You'll find leveling much more fun as a casual player. Soloing off EP-DC while doing Fields of Valor is a good way to level when you only have an hour or two. Also PLD is tons of fun no matter the party size.

I'd personally recommend starting as RDM (can pull with Dia and later Blind) and then changing to WAR/RDM once you unlock your subjob. You can purchase auto refresh field support with tabs earned from Fields of Valor. PLD can make good use of WAR, RDM, and DNC subjobs, so you'll be able to play different jobs depending on what interests you that day.

Read Jarre's Starting from Scratch? Is it easy? See here thread for just how possible it is to solo a MNK to Lv27 now.

Here is some information on the improvement to EP-DC xp:

Lv21-30

-Lv |Old | New| Improvement
        -01 | 72 | 90 | 25%
        -02 | 50 | 80 | 60%
        -03 | 46 | 75 | 63%
        -04 | 41 | 70 | 71%
        -05 | 37 | 65 | 76%
        -06 | 33 | 60 | 82%
        -07 | 39 | 55 | 41%
        -08 | 24 | 50 | 108%
        -09 | 20 | 40 | 100%
        -10 | 15 | 30 | 100%
        Last edited by Ryoii/Nonomii; 07-01-2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry, but what's EP-DC?

Edit: Ah, it just clicked! Easy Prey-Decent Challenge. Got it.

I appreciate all this information. Having casual play easier to level definitely has me excited to play again.

Comment

It's taken me about a month to take all of the starting jobs to 10, MNK to 24, WAR to 15 and WHM to 17.

Of course, I'm not rushing and am farming for gil when I need to update my gear.

Comment

EP = Easy prey
              DC= Decent challenge.

Comment

Hey everyone, thanks again for all the help. I've been abusing the Fields of Valor system and I'm already up to 17, mostly solo.

My next question.. I find getting around to be extremely slow and tedious and it really takes away from the fun for me. I'm hoofing it all the way from Bastok to Valkurm and back again everytime I need to use the Auction House. There HAS to be a better way to get around pre-Chocobo. And even with Chocobos you can get stranded out in places. What are some options as far as traveling goes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenaf View Post
                  Hey everyone, thanks again for all the help. I've been abusing the Fields of Valor system and I'm already up to 17, mostly solo.

My next question.. I find getting around to be extremely slow and tedious and it really takes away from the fun for me. I'm hoofing it all the way from Bastok to Valkurm and back again everytime I need to use the Auction House. There HAS to be a better way to get around pre-Chocobo. And even with Chocobos you can get stranded out in places. What are some options as far as traveling goes?
                  There really is not, all you have is chocobos at 20, and the out post warps, but to get those you have to do an outpost supply run when you nation owns an outpost you want to enable warping to

Comment

Fields of Valor > Field Support > Repatriation. Go from Valkrum Dunes to Bastok Mines, in seconds.

Once you have Zulkheim outpost, you can get from Bastok to Valkurm Dunes via Outpost Teleportation, making that trip fast.
                    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                      Fields of Valor > Field Support > Repatriation. Go from Valkrum Dunes to Bastok Mines, in seconds.

Once you have Zulkheim outpost, you can get from Bastok to Valkurm Dunes via Outpost Teleportation, making that trip fast.

oh yeah, forgot about the field of Valor warps -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowneko View Post
                        One thing Kailea didn't mention is that we now have XP enhancing rings purchasable as CP items. These give a bonus per monster for a limited time...usually per day.(the exception is the anniversary ring but you missed that this year)
                        When and how exactly can you get this anniversary ring? My 75 drg friend has one and told me to get empress ring,so i did ,and its pretty good but he showed me anniversary ring and its alot better considering the empress ring can only be used once every, i think 15 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Parah View Post
                          When and how exactly can you get this anniversary ring? My 75 drg friend has one and told me to get empress ring,so i did ,and its pretty good but he showed me anniversary ring and its alot better considering the empress ring can only be used once every, i think 15 hours
                          It's been given away once a year at the "Adventurer Appreciation" event(sorry you missed it this year) and they are not rechargeable. You get your 10 charges and that's it...you have to wait untill next year to get a new one....

I'm using mine up trying to go from 65-75 summoner and I'm sure It'll make a big dent it that process ^^
                          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                          (have fun MMO players ^^)
                          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Working...
                          X