Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your ACP choices thread!

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    At least on PC there are many times macros simply don't respond*, so if you are going to press the macro key more than once then make sure you will at least cast the spell even if not all the equip swap macros register.
    Yup and it pisses me off every time ; ;

EDIT: We have several Relic Owners and stage 4 owners in Dynacore, so I've seen them used every run I go to. They're powerful to be sure, but they're not such a huge improvement over non-relic owners that simply having it will make you the best and that's what I object to; they're the pinnacle (well, Mythics more so I guess) of what's wrong with this game. They don't have to be super godly broken the way Apoc was but there should be a substantial power boost and not just a marginal increase in performance (Spharai is about 10% better damage than Destroyers which is utter bullshit)

Back on topic, tried the fight last night and got our asses handed to us trying the ranged strategy. We've decided to attempt a zerg run next time, just trying to determine how many SAM & MNK we should use >.>
    Last edited by Malacite; 04-16-2009, 10:01 AM.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
      It's not necessary to input /ma Blizzard III <t> on each macro you hit, you will just end up getting the 'unable to cast spells' messege twice. If you want to make sure you are hitting the correct macro, you could put an /echo command in there.
      I just want to make sure the spell starts casting with the first macro I hit. If I hit it one too many or one too few times on the last cast, I don't want the second of lag while I tap through gear swap only macros before the spell starts.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Didn't read entire thread. I'm thinking I'd just get my RDM a ghetto Haubergeon for WSing. Only other option that has had any sort of weight with me is the 2% DA over the 10 Attack, but, eh, not really too sure about that.
        Originally posted by Armando
        No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
        Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
        However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
        Matthew 16:15

Comment

Hmm, Acc and DA for WHM and RDM melee... Think it would be better than Goliard for WHM or RDM or SH for RDM? I still can't decide if I want to try to get melee bodies for my mage jobs, or try to get something that is more useful in my normal party functions.

*Edit - Actually, I would probably be served better going atk/DA instead of acc since I've got enough acc in PCC, Potent/Life belt, Snipers, etc...
          Last edited by Truece; 04-18-2009, 05:00 AM.

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
          WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Truece View Post
            *Edit - Actually, I would probably be served better going atk/DA instead of acc since I've got enough acc in PCC, Potent/Life belt, Snipers, etc...
            This is false; you never have enough Accuracy. It is like the dakka, or the pylons, or the cowbell, of FFXI: you simply always need more of it.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

I don't know if you were being serious but there absolutely is such a thing as enough accuracy. Not only is there a point where increases in accuracy start to do less for your damage output than other things, there's a point where increases in accuracy will stop giving you returns altogether. For a mob 5 levels higher than you, if you have 30 more accuracy than required to get the mob to start checking "low evasion" any additional accuracy will not actually increase your hit rate.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/par...s-dummies.html
              Last edited by Taskmage; 04-18-2009, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                This is false; you never have enough Accuracy. It is like the dakka, or the pylons, or the cowbell, of FFXI: you simply always need more of it.
                v2
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                  I don't know if you were being serious but there absolutely is such a thing as enough accuracy. Not only is there a point where increases in accuracy start to do less for your damage output than other things, there's a point where increases in accuracy will stop giving you returns altogether. For a mob 5 levels higher than you, if you have 30 more accuracy than required to get the mob to start checking "low evasion" any additional accuracy will not actually increase your hit rate.

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/par...s-dummies.html
                  I was half-serious. I'm well aware of Armando's guide, as well as a 95% Hit Rate cap. If you know for certain you're at or near that cap for whatever you're fighting, then yes, more Accuracy would be a waste. Until then, though, more Accuracy is very much your friend. Of course, you don't exactly want to discount Haste, either, but the ACP bodies don't exactly offer Haste (for balance reasons one would assume), and thus that bit's a moot point as far as this part of the thread is concerned.
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

There's so many options for my SAM, BLU, PLD, and soon COR.

I'd give the Mirke a Quick Draw delay - 5 and MAB+4 for COR
                    Fast Cast and Accuracy for BLU
                    For the Nuevo
                    SAM...well...i already have a Haub - can't do much there.
                    PLD is obvious - Fast Cast and Emnity +5.

Comment

Fast Cast and Accuracy for BLU
                      I'm not too familiar with high level BLU but what's the point of the Fast Cast? The recast timers? Melee spells are already lightning-quick to cast.

Comment

Utsu timers for solo maybe?

I didn't really consider any combination of mods on wardecors for blu to be a significant upgrade on Magus Jubbah +1. If that item is attainable for you then I'd suggest tailoring your aCP piece for a different job.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

P.S>
                        Volteccer!
                        =win

Comment

I didn't think I'd find someone here who knew what that meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                            Utsu timers for solo maybe?

I didn't really consider any combination of mods on wardecors for blu to be a significant upgrade on Magus Jubbah +1. If that item is attainable for you then I'd suggest tailoring your aCP piece for a different job.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

P.S>=win

This is why I went with the Coselete instead, the Wardecors just doesnt have anything that can trump either the +1 AF or the Relic Body for either TP or WS/spellcasting IMO.

As for the "Volteccer" it looks familiar, just cant place it >_<
                            Originally posted by Van Wilder
                            Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                            No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                            Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                            I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulseman]Pulseman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
                              VOLTECCER!

Comment

Ah, I was thinking of Tekkaman Blade

Comment

Working...
                                X