Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your ACP choices thread!

Originally posted by Armando View Post
    You keep saying this, but why? What's the reasoning behind it? I don't see the connection between "DoT job" and "Double Attack > Attack."

Lol, I didn't mean Att. I meant ATT=At this time, as in DA over DW.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
      I recently rewrote all my macros to cycle between 3 palettes so I can hit the Para II macro three times and swap 12 slots of gear. It was a pain to write but <.<d
      I think you are right, make that 16 line macros instead of 12.
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Wait how the hell did you do that?

Can you actually use a macro to trigger another macro?

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Originally posted by Armando View Post
        You sure love to complain about broken-ass things.

Going from 80% Haste to 93.3% Haste TRIPLES the number of attack rounds you did WITH 80%. And at 80% Haste you're already attacking 5 times as much as with 0 Haste.

Triples. 15 times as many attack rounds.

With a goddamned Relic weapon.

But that's the whole point. God forbid we have at least one fucking piece of equipment that's worth the effort. This is one thing I have to give to WoW. If player A has a WoW equivalent to a Relic and Player B does not, Player A is going to blow him out of the water because said weapon is just that awesome. Instead, you end up with a marginal advantage after over a year of "work".

And it's not like there would suddenly be a mass flood of Apocalypses. Yeah, there would be the obvious issue of it being the only really amazing choice and thus ppl would flood to DRK, but it's not like this is nothing new to the game.

We did it with RNG, then BLM, and now SAM is the current favorite bandwagon DD. The main difference is Hagun is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to obtain by comparison and is marginally weaker. (DRK don't need Apoc to cap Haste, it just helps)
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post

Maybe someone should write a sticky or something, given how often this has come up now.

Macro set 1, Alt-1
          /equip "Thing1" slot
          /equip "Thing2" slot
          /equip "Thing3" slot
          /equip "Thing4" slot
          /equip "Thing5" slot
          /macro set 2

Macro set 2, Alt-1
          /equip "Thing6" slot
          /equip "Thing7" slot
          /equip "Thing8" slot
          /equip "Thing9" slot
          /equip "Thing10" slot
          /macro set 3

Macro set 3, Alt-1
          /equip "Thing11" slot
          /equip "Thing12" slot
          /equip "Thing13" slot
          /equip "Thing14" slot
          /equip "Thing15" slot
          /macro set 1

Hit Alt-1 three times in a row, just like he said. If you stick a /recast or /ma in there somewhere you don't get as many gear swaps, obviously.
          Ellipses on Fenrir
          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
          . . .

Comment

No, but

/ma "Blizzard III" <t>
            /equip main "Aquilo's Staff"
            /equip sub "Bugard Strap +1"
            /equip head "Wlk. Chapeau +1"
            /equip neck "Elemental Torque"
            /macro set 6

/ma "Blizzard III" <t>
            /equip L.ear "Moldavite Earring"
            /equip body "Errant Hpl."
            /equip hands "Yigit Gages"
            /equip back "Prism Cape"
            /macro set 7

/ma "Blizzard III" <t>
            /equip waist "Penitent's Rope"
            /equip legs "Duelist's Tights"
            /equip feet "Goliard Clogs"
            /macro set 5

Set those three macros in the same slot in sets 5, 6 and 7 and you can tap that button 3 times to swap 11 items and cast. You could do all 16 slots if you used 4 macro sets, but there's usually at least 4 slots that don't get swapped between my standing set and any spell. Doesn't really work for spells that use <st> but I'm fine with only swapping 5 slots for refresh, haste and cure.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
              No, but

/ma "Blizzard III" <t>
              /equip main "Aquilo's Staff"
              /equip sub "Bugard Strap +1"
              /equip head "Wlk. Chapeau +1"
              /equip neck "Elemental Torque"
              /macro set 6

/ma "Blizzard III" <t>
              /equip L.ear "Moldavite Earring"
              /equip body "Errant Hpl."
              /equip hands "Yigit Gages"
              /equip back "Prism Cape"
              /macro set 7

/ma "Blizzard III" <t>
              /equip waist "Penitent's Rope"
              /equip legs "Duelist's Tights"
              /equip feet "Goliard Clogs"
              /macro set 5

Set those three macros in the same slot in sets 5, 6 and 7 and you can tap that button 3 times to swap 11 items and cast. You could do all 16 slots if you used 4 macro sets, but there's usually at least 4 slots that don't get swapped between my standing set and any spell. Doesn't really work for spells that use <st> but I'm fine with only swapping 5 slots for refresh, haste and cure.
              It's not necessary to input /ma Blizzard III <t> on each macro you hit, you will just end up getting the 'unable to cast spells' messege twice. If you want to make sure you are hitting the correct macro, you could put an /echo command in there.
              sigpic

Comment

I maybe wrong... it seems that melee jobs that can equip rank-A skill 2-handed weapon group with Nuevo Coselete (PLD has rank A staff skill?), while the rest of melee jobs group with Mirke Wardecors.

At this point I still cannot decide between Nuevo Coselete and Mirke Wardecors. I don't do any end-game until this point (not sure about the future). I guess either choice i pick, I would still have to keep AH-able melee body piece that i current have.
                Last edited by Celeal; 04-16-2009, 07:10 AM.
                Server: Quetzalcoatl
                Race: Hume Rank 7
                75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
                  It's not necessary to input /ma Blizzard III <t> on each macro you hit, you will just end up getting the 'unable to cast spells' messege twice. If you want to make sure you are hitting the correct macro, you could put an /echo command in there.
                  It's probably due to macro lag.

At least on PC there are many times macros simply don't respond*, so if you are going to press the macro key more than once then make sure you will at least cast the spell even if not all the equip swap macros register.

*Specially in crowded settings such as end-game events or Besieged/Campaign.

PS > All hail XI's client.
                  sigpic
                  "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                  Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                    I maybe wrong... it seems that melee jobs that can equip rank-A skill weapon group with Nuevo Coselete (PLD has rank A staff skill?), while the rest of melee jobs group with Mirke Wardecors.
                    MNK, THF, BST, NIN and BLU all have A-rank weapons and get the Wardecors. I think it's simply a matter of armor type (kinda-heavy vs. not-so-heavy vs. you-pussy-mage).
                    Ellipses on Fenrir
                    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                    . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                      (kinda-heavy vs. not-so-heavy vs. you-pussy-mage).

I lol'd.
                      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                        MNK, THF, BST, NIN and BLU all have A-rank weapons and get the Wardecors. I think it's simply a matter of armor type (kinda-heavy vs. not-so-heavy vs. you-pussy-mage).
                        I made a typo.. i mean rank-A 2-handed weapon ... Orz
                        Server: Quetzalcoatl
                        Race: Hume Rank 7
                        75 PLD, 75 SAM, 75 WAR, 75 NIN, 75 MNK, 65 BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Celeal View Post
                          I made a typo.. i mean rank-A 2-handed weapon ... Orz
                          Oh. Well. That's completely different then.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          . . .

Comment

But that's the whole point. God forbid we have at least one fucking piece of equipment that's worth the effort. This is one thing I have to give to WoW. If player A has a WoW equivalent to a Relic and Player B does not, Player A is going to blow him out of the water because said weapon is just that awesome. Instead, you end up with a marginal advantage after over a year of "work".

And it's not like there would suddenly be a mass flood of Apocalypses. Yeah, there would be the obvious issue of it being the only really amazing choice and thus ppl would flood to DRK, but it's not like this is nothing new to the game.

We did it with RNG, then BLM, and now SAM is the current favorite bandwagon DD. The main difference is Hagun is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to obtain by comparison and is marginally weaker. (DRK don't need Apoc to cap Haste, it just helps)
                            How many relic holders do you hang out with daily? Just wondering. We've got several Apocs in our linkshell, 4 active Aegis, an Amano, two Bravuras, a couple Yoichi's, a couple Ghorns, a few Excaliburs, and on Sunday we will have our second Mandau. Shit's not really that rare anymore. And while they are not totally completely game breaking the way you want them to be, they are all amazing in their own way. We've had a PLD basically solo DD Khimaira from 100-85% with Excal while people were on their way to support. Tell me that's not overpowered. Not saying "OMG NERF EXCAL" but seriously the relic weapons, which are only hard to obtain if you don't have any gil, really are worth their money, with the exception of the mage ones, which, even if you're going for pure melee DPS, are still the top you can get by a mile.

Nothing in this game shows a markable improvement. If the rest of your gear is shit and you wear an E body, your E body doesn't make you OMFGPWN Amazing. It makes you a shitty DD that probably shouldn't have even gotten the chance to lot an E body and will still be outparsed by Hauberk/Haubergeon DDs with decent (or better) gear in other slots. If you have good gear already, and you get an E body, it will make you marginally better than before. Everything in this game is that way. And trust me, there are some seriously gimp wastes of relics out there. (One Mandau on my server, seriously, makes me cry ... my THF is 21 and I could put it to better use than him.) This game is set up so that everything stacks upon each other in terms of improving damage/healing/nuking capabilities. It has been this way for a long time. Why would they change it now, and power up the relics? I don't think they need a power up. They are amazing as they are.
                            sigpic
                            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                              How many relic holders do you hang out with daily? Just wondering. We've got several Apocs in our linkshell, 4 active Aegis, an Amano, two Bravuras, a couple Yoichi's, a couple Ghorns, a few Excaliburs, and on Sunday we will have our second Mandau. Shit's not really that rare anymore. And while they are not totally completely game breaking the way you want them to be, they are all amazing in their own way. We've had a PLD basically solo DD Khimaira from 100-85% with Excal while people were on their way to support. Tell me that's not overpowered. Not saying "OMG NERF EXCAL" but seriously the relic weapons, which are only hard to obtain if you don't have any gil, really are worth their money, with the exception of the mage ones, which, even if you're going for pure melee DPS, are still the top you can get by a mile.

Nothing in this game shows a markable improvement. If the rest of your gear is shit and you wear an E body, your E body doesn't make you OMFGPWN Amazing. It makes you a shitty DD that probably shouldn't have even gotten the chance to lot an E body and will still be outparsed by Hauberk/Haubergeon DDs with decent (or better) gear in other slots. If you have good gear already, and you get an E body, it will make you marginally better than before. Everything in this game is that way. And trust me, there are some seriously gimp wastes of relics out there. (One Mandau on my server, seriously, makes me cry ... my THF is 21 and I could put it to better use than him.) This game is set up so that everything stacks upon each other in terms of improving damage/healing/nuking capabilities. It has been this way for a long time. Why would they change it now, and power up the relics? I don't think they need a power up. They are amazing as they are.
                              Not saying you are wrong about the rarity of relics, because they are increasingly more common, but the amount of relics in your linkshell is pretty ungodly, alot of endgame linkshells don't have any relic holders at all.
                              sigpic

Comment

This is true. I'm listing what relics we have so that he knows that I know what I'm talking about. Not from firsthand experience, mind you, but at least from being around them daily.
                                sigpic
                                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X