Your ACP choices thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your ACP choices thread!

With both thf and war at 75, I really don't have anything too spectacular I can get out of this body. While it would be nice to have something new for my War, the Hauberk is too strong to really replace. So I'm more then likely getting the Mirke body with +10 acc/att and using it as a WS piece and a TP piece for higher lvl mobs. While I would kinda prefer to go 10 acc/eva and replace my SH, since I like the look of the Dragon Harness a lot more, the Mirke would still end up being a slightly better WS piece regardless. But then again maybe I should get the Eva and just sell both Harness, it would mean I could damn near full time the Mirke on higher tier things.

Can any of the math wiz's break down just how useful 10 att is to thf ws in simple terms?
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Thing is, the value of Attack fluctuates depending on how much of a level penalty you're taking. What are we talking about here, merit mobs? ITs? HNMs? Also, solo WS or SA/TA?

Comment

The things I do most on thf are Campaign, FoV in Terrigan (usually Ep/Dc mobs), Nyzul, and Dynamis. Though ANNMs and ZNMs are something I'll do occasionally. The few rare times I would do an actual HNM I'd be subbin Drk.

And just to make things easier, solo WS.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I think this was touched on, but I didn't really follow. I normally do Nyzul on my 75 sam/nin, i have a brutal (5% DA) and I use pole strap (+2% DA.) I was under the impression with this setup that every attack would have a 7% chance of turning into a double attack. Is this incorrect?
          75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
          RANK 10 Bastok
          CoP: Done
          ZM: Done
          ToA: Done
          Assault rank: Captain
          Campaign Medal: Medals
          Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
          This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Hm. That's a bit tough since I don't know the level of Dynamis mobs. In any case I'll just put out some numbers for a generic WAR mob 10 levels higher than you with Dia II. The mob'll have around 330 Defense. Assuming you have 400 Attack:

Your cRatio without the extra Attack will be 400/330 - 0.5 = 0.7121
            Your cRatio with the extra Attack will be 410/330 - 0.5 = 0.7424
            The new cRatio is a 4.26% improvement over the old one. Thus, your WS will hit approximately that much harder. As you can see, that's a bigger improvement the actual improvement in Attack (2.5%).
            Originally posted by Mezlo
            I think this was touched on, but I didn't really follow. I normally do Nyzul on my 75 sam/nin, i have a brutal (5% DA) and I use pole strap (+2% DA.) I was under the impression with this setup that every attack would have a 7% chance of turning into a double attack. Is this incorrect?
            No, it's correct.

Comment

...dammit, Att it is. Thanks Armando

It's a good thing they're givin us that Satchel, I barely had enough room before this so every new piece of gear hurts that much more

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                No, it's correct.
                Confused here too. Yes what I said is correct? The double attack stacks?
                75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                RANK 10 Bastok
                CoP: Done
                ZM: Done
                ToA: Done
                Assault rank: Captain
                Campaign Medal: Medals
                Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Yes, it stacks additively. 2% + 5% = 7%. If you had /WAR, it'd be 17%.

Ziero: To expand more on what I posted. The gain will be smaller the more Attack you have (e.g. 610/600 is a 1.7% boost to your Attack, as opposed to 410/400 = 2.5%.) The gain will also be equal to the % increase in Attack if there's no level correction present. E.g. if you had been fighting a Level 75 mob with the same Defense, the increase to your cRatio and WS damage would've been 2.5%

The higher the mob's level and the lower your Attack is, the more of a boost you're getting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mezlo View Post
                    Yes you have a 7% chance with that setup, no problems there.

I got confused too with the overly analyzed stuff, but like TM said, it is no that DA proceeds less if you stack on it or anything of the sort. Is just that it doesn't give you the returns things like Haste do when you stack it (bacause DA is a set percentage, while Haste/DW scalate the more you stack on them.)
                    Last edited by Raydeus; 04-15-2009, 10:22 AM.
                    sigpic
                    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

With DA 10+5=15

With Haste 10+5=17.6

Trust me. /nod
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I think, should I ever actually get far enough to get the item, I'd probably go with a Royal Redingote with +10 Acc and +5% Fast Cast for soloing on RDM. Not too sure if that's a great choice, but... sounds good to me.
                        Andrzej (Kujata) - RDM75, WHM37, BLM37
                        Daiyumi (Kujata) - WAR40, DNC25, THF22

Comment

Only if you don't think you'll get Duelist's (for your casting macros) anytime soon. But if you wont then Fast Cast would be a good help to compensate for the recast penalty from (Composure) which you probably keep up 100% of the time while soloing.

Edit > Never mind, I just saw your level. Yeah, acc and Fast Cast will probably help you the most for the time being.

PS > Now, if SE really cared about my feelings and wanted to make me happy they could increase macro lines 2x. So I didn't have to consider getting the windower.
                          Last edited by Raydeus; 04-15-2009, 04:44 PM.
                          sigpic
                          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                            As for the DW I wouldn't consider it a good stat for anyone but NIN mains, really.
                            Even then if you're *that* obsessed with attack speed, AF body is still technically better purely in terms of attack speed (and much easier to get)

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                            As an extreme example, +90 DA would give you 45.6 swings per minute, whereas 90% haste would give you 240 swings per minute. Thus the nerf on Apocalypse.
                            I still hate them for that.
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                              Now, if SE really cared about my feelings and wanted to make me happy they could increase macro lines 2x. So I didn't have to consider getting the windower.
                              I recently rewrote all my macros to cycle between 3 palettes so I can hit the Para II macro three times and swap 12 slots of gear. It was a pain to write but <.<d
                              lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Even then if you're *that* obsessed with attack speed, AF body is still technically better purely in terms of attack speed (and much easier to get)
                                But you can't get Acc+10 on a Ninja Chainmail.
                                I still hate them for that.
                                You sure love to complain about broken-ass things.

Going from 80% Haste to 93.3% Haste TRIPLES the number of attack rounds you did WITH 80%. And at 80% Haste you're already attacking 5 times as much as with 0 Haste.

Triples. 15 times as many attack rounds.

With a goddamned Relic weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X