Your ACP choices thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your ACP choices thread!

Only PLD (with the popular Emnity + Fast Cast combo) and BST (with acc and pet acc) seem interesting enough for me to consider getting at this time.

But considering my BST is still 45 and that I rarely get to play PLD except for some Campaign and Alex fights then it's not like I'm in a rush to get this one. So in the end if I get the missions done I'll just put the armor on hold until either:

a) I get the other mini expansions and work with them as a set (assuming SE adds more Augmentable armor)

b) I get 75BST or somehow start playing PLD a lot more.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Hmmm hard to say either ACC+10/DW-3% or ACC+/ATK+10

If I was /NIN all the time id go with the first hands down as it would end up comming out better than Goliard for melee, but I also like /WAR, /BLU, DNC which don't get the benefit. Probably the former and use Goli on SW.

sig courtesy tgm
      retired -08

Comment

OK, it was a hard decision, but I went with this.

Royal Redingote
        DEF:40 MP+20 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
        Pet: Attack+15 Ranged Attack+15
        Pet: Double Attack+2 Critical Hit Rate +2
        Lv.75 WHM/MBLM/RDM/BRD/SMN/SCH
        Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
        Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
        Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
        Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
        Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokitung View Post
          I'm still debating on what I want on my Mire. I have Sam 75, but have Askar and Osode for TP/WS respectively. Blu 75 I have Relic body/AF Body. Rng 75 I have Osode. Bst 75 I have Osode. Mnk 75 I have Osode.

So far I've been looking @ Mire with Acc+10 and DA. More so looking at it for Monk and future jobs that can wear it. It would be a good TP piece for both Blu and Bst as well. As I use Rng mostly for large events, which I've done little of lately, I feel that it would be wasted for me to go with +10 R. Att and Snapshot+5%. I also feel that DA will be better overall than DW as DA will always be active on all jobs that can wear it, where as DW will require me to either be Nin main or to be /Nin.

Any suggestions would be helpful in my delima.

Well, do you do Nyzul at all? I see this as a tanking piece for SAM WAR and PLD mainly since I /nin (fast cast). I use SAM or WAR in Nzyul and PLD in dyna and other events so it benefits me more than say the Mirke will for my NIN and BLU. Remember your BLU already has two of its best body pieces, its AF and Relic for TP and WS/spellcasting so you wont get TOO much out of it as you will the Coselete. My two cents buddy.
          Originally posted by Van Wilder
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
          Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by hexx View Post
            Well, do you do Nyzul at all? I see this as a tanking piece for SAM WAR and PLD mainly since I /nin (fast cast). I use SAM or WAR in Nzyul and PLD in dyna and other events so it benefits me more than say the Mirke will for my NIN and BLU. Remember your BLU already has two of its best body pieces, its AF and Relic for TP and WS/spellcasting so you wont get TOO much out of it as you will the Coselete. My two cents buddy.
            I do Nyzul Isle sometimes, mostly I Mnk tank Salvage though. For climbing I use Blu, for Boss floors I use Sam. Like I was saying, my Blu and my Sam already have their best body pieces for TP/WS already. That's why I'm looking more at something for Mnk/Bst/Rng. Since I hardly use Rng outside of major events (Dream Land Dyna, some Limbus, Sky, Einjhar) I think I would get the most benifit from making it into a Mnk TP piece (+10 Acc and +2% DA). Also, I've been working on Nin and eventually Thf, so I think it would work well for both of those jobs as well.

Comment

The choice between 2% DA and 10 Attack depends mainly on what level of mobs you fight, how much of your total damage your WS make up, and how much Attack you usually have. In the case of having low Attack, fighting high level mobs, or doing more DoT than WS damage overall, then the Attack is better. The 2% DA is only more important when fighting easy stuff or when most of your damage comes from WS (since you get TP 2% faster.)

As for the DW I wouldn't consider it a good stat for anyone but NIN mains, really.

Comment

Well, as for Mnk the +10 Acc would be great on Asuran Fists. Then since Mnk is a DoT melee job, I think I would see more benifit from the +2% DA. That coupled with my Brutal earring would be really nice. I mostly do salvage on my Mnk, so I could aslo see the benifit of going with +10 Att instead of Acc as I already don't have issues hitting the mobs there.

Comment

The Acc is a must in my opinion, it trumps every other stat available when your hit rate isn't capped.

Bear in mind that there's no real benefit to stacking DA. Unlike Haste and Dual Wield, 2% DA isn't better with Brutal and/or /WAR.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                    Bear in mind that there's no real benefit to stacking DA. Unlike Haste and Dual Wield, 2% DA isn't better with Brutal and/or /WAR.
                    What do you mean by that? I'm in process of getting Brutal so this interests me.
                    sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                      What do you mean by that? I'm in process of getting Brutal so this interests me.
                      With haste or DW, the more you stack the greater the effect is. For example,

swings per minute = 60 seconds / ((weapons delay / 60 delay per second) x (100% - your haste))

So normally your Hornetneedle swings 60/(150/60) = 24 times a minute. If you add 15% haste it goes up to 60/((150/60) x 85%) = 28.2 swings per minute, increasing your DoT by roughly 17%. Adding an additional 15% haste would give you 60/((150/60) x 70%) = 34.3 swings per minute for a total increase of ~43% over your original DoT. So you can see that the more haste you have, the more adding additional haste benefits you. You get increasing returns because you're decreasing the denominator.

DA just takes whatever your swing rate is and gives you an additional swing for x% of that. So just to use the same numbers, if you had a DA+15 item, 15% of 24 swings per minute is 3.6 swings per minute, taking you to 27.6 for a 15% increase in damage. If you added another DA+15 item, 24 swings plus 30% is 31.2 swings, a 30% increase in damage. It's linear. The amount of DA you add is equal to the % increase in DoT and stacking large amount of it will never give you more bang per point.

As an extreme example, +90 DA would give you 45.6 swings per minute, whereas 90% haste would give you 240 swings per minute. Thus the nerf on Apocalypse.

The one caveat is that DA can increase WS damage in addition to helping you get them faster whereas haste only gets them faster, so even if you got 30% DA somehow you couldn't compare those numbers straight across and say that 30% haste is 7% better than 30% DA for total damage output. It would depend on your WS and such.

Regarding Brutal specifically, +5% DA is a lot better than anything else you could put in that slot, but the point is that whether you have Brutal or not doesn't affect the value of a +DA mod on your aCP item. +2% DA is going to represent a 2% increase on your unmodded attack rate whether or not you have the DA trait or any other DA gear equipped.
                      Last edited by Taskmage; 04-15-2009, 04:18 AM.
                      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

hmmm I always thought DA+ was Proc rate precentage per swing. on my drk/war i use brutal and pole strap for 17% and i see it quite often, I was hoping to add %2 more by replacing my haub.
                        my choice would be Acc+10, DA+2%. but idk how it really works.
                        sigpicSolidous! from Laksmi
                        CoP: O ZM:O Sandy: 9-1 ToAU:29 WoTG: 15 ACP:O AMK: O
                        BLM:95 THF:95 DRK:95 RNG:82
                        RDM:95 WHM:95 WAR:60 Nin:92
                        SAM:50 BLU:95 DNC:49
                        PUP:32 PLD:15 DRG:10
                        MNK:22 SCH:6 COR:28

Comment

Again, this would be for Mnk. As Mnk does not DW, Nin has AF Body and Thf has Rap Harness; DA seems to be a better choice ATT.

Comment

I see, I thought it was something else.
                            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

DA seems to be a better choice ATT.
                              You keep saying this, but why? What's the reasoning behind it? I don't see the connection between "DoT job" and "Double Attack > Attack."

Comment

Personally, I'll probably go with Hyrists suggestion
                                http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/new...tml#post831203

+10 Acc +3% Dual wield and sell my SH. I only really melee in Campaign and there I go /nin. I could put the cost of a SH to good use with other gear if I have a free replacement.
                                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X