Your ACP choices thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your ACP choices thread!

Didn't want to derail any of the other "what should I get" threads.

What are you planning to do with your ACP piece when you finish the BC? Tell us about your jobs, and maybe even your merits, and why you think your choice will be best for you.

So I have four jobs at 75, and two that are getting kinda close. (Sig explains all!) So I debated on a SMN body, but thought, nah ... I really never touch SMN. Then I thought about a melee body, but really, I don't melee on any jobs but RDM (here and there) and WHM (more often) and WHM already has a piece for that. So does RDM.

So next came the idea that maybe I'd build a nuke piece for SCH. Macc +4/MAB +4 would be the best SCH can get, and actually the best RDM can get for nuking if you don't have Morrigan's. Which I don't, and won't for a while. So that's two jobs. And with WHM getting some Banish/Holy potency, I wonder what extra bonus damage I could get from this? SMN ... won't be useful for SMN I guess, which leads to BLM, and the only thing I'd use it for on BLM is Stoneskin, since I don't really need Errant to cap it.

So right there, that's a good use for it on most of my jobs, except for WAR of course, which already has a Hauby, and for which I will be getting E body once I finish it anyway. So this will work out nicely.

So that is the reasoning behind my choice. Post yours!
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: Your ACP choices thread!

Planning this piece for SMN:

Royal redingote
    (Body) All Races
    DEF:40 MP+20 INT+5 MND+5 CHR+5
    Lv. 75 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / SCH
    Pet: Magic Accuracy+7
    "Magic Atk. Bonus"+7
    "Blood Pact" ability delay -4

over

Yinyang robe
    [Body] All Races
    DEF: 43 MP +25
    Adds "Refresh" effect
    "Blood Pact" ability delay -5
    Lv. 71 SMN

for Blood Pact: Rage swap in. The loss of 1 second of ability delay in exchange for +7MAcc & +7MAtk is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
      So next came the idea that maybe I'd build a nuke piece for SCH. Macc +4/MAB +4 would be the best SCH can get.
      Except SCH gets its best at 58.

ACP rewards are lousy for SCH no matter how you cut it. Nothing beats Scholar's Gown/Scholar's Gown +1 for nuking, not even +4 M Acc and +4 MAB. The +15 skill added from activating Dark Arts while wearing AF body always wins out no matter how many new body pieces SE comes out with for SCH.

Nice nuking piece for RDM, BLM and WHM? Sure. But not SCH.

Hardest thing you can do is make this good for more than one job, which is why I'm specializing it for one per character rather than try to make it cross over.

Mirke Waldecors x2

Foobar - Waldecors will be for BST. +15 Pet Accuracy/Ranged Accuracy and +10 Accuracy. I'll still keep Hauberk for WS.

Kitten - Waldecors for RNG. +5% Snapshot and +10 Ranged Attack. I can take the hit on Accuracy for RNG and while +5% Snapshot is wasted on my COR, the rest of the stats will prove decent for weaponskills on both jobs. +5% snapshot for my RNG will be awesome, though, since it will bring me up to +30% Snapshot after merits.

Comment

Even with capped Elemental merits and plenty of other Elemental + gear? I can see wearing AF body for shit that resists a lot, but I think I might get plenty of mileage out of RR for SCH. One in our LS was using Morgana's Cotehardie in Dynamis/Ein and didn't seem to notice terrible resists.

For BLM it is outparsed by Genie, which I have already.

I think it would still be situationally good. I haven't finished SCH yet, but when I do, I'll go test both out on some puddings or whatever. I think it will depend on people's gear/merits whether or not a SCH nuking body piece will be any good. If it turns out to be crap ... well ... I'll be leveling something else eventually.
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

I'm torn between the popular enmity/fast cast coselete for my pld that might save me from returning to dynamis and a very tempting acc/storeTP/subtle blow redingote for my rdm.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

I got my Waldecors last night (woo), and I got Accuracy+10, Pet: Accuracy+15, Ranged Accuracy+15; It's mostly a piece for my pup (well, IS a piece for my PUP). I'm actually a little disappointed that there weren't any bard-related augments, or I would have gotten the redingote in a heartbeat, since it looks awesome (purely on a looks-basis).

However, I am happy now that I'm no longer wearing bright orange body pieces... now it's dull orange.
            Kindadarii (Bahamut)
            90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
            70.3 + 2 Woodworking
            52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

TM, Store TP and subtle blow are wasted on RDM.

And the Enmity + Fast Cast looks VERY appealing for PLD, making it one of the best pieces for us to wear, period.

Blog post about this same topic here.
              -------------------------------
              And as a follow-up, If I need Accuracy and Attack, I'll wear Haubergeon, which is like 220k on my server. There are other pieces good for meleeing in PLD (although, this is SUPPOSED to be a piece that you get because you CAN'T get those pieces, Hi2u Askar, Homam, etc), but No PLD body offers Fast Cast or Haste.
              The Tao of Ren
              FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
              Originally posted by Kaeko
              As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I will be going with 4Macc and fast cast for BLM and RDM as a dark magic piece since I don't have Nashira.
                sigpic

Comment

I took this one:

Nuevo coselete
                  [Body] All Races
                  DEF: 49 HP +20 STR +5 DEX +5 VIT +5
                  Enmity+5
                  "Fast Cast"+5
                  Lv. 75 WAR / PLD / DRK / SAM / DRG

Based on the following diatribe:

75s: Dragoon, Blue Mage, Corsair, Paladin, Dancer, Samurai

My Dragoon and Samurai have Askar Korazin already; they don't need anything else that's reasonably attainable by me at this time. My Dragoon also has Wyrm Mail for when I summon my wyvern, so that too also helps take care of the pet (I can give it any number of Job Traits I see fit from my Sub Job choice).

My Blue Mage, Corsair, and Dancer all have thier Relic body armors, which are all actually pretty good for the ways I use the jobs. Dancer also has Rapparee Harness for its Haste build, so it's taken care of even more. Corsair was the tricky choice, however, because Mirke Waldecors would've made a perfect addition to my Quick Draw build; however, I rarely use Corsair at all, and tend to prefer to not use it on account that it starts draining my pockets fast when I do (ironically enough, Corsair is the job I used to win my ACP piece).

My Paladin, however, was the job most in need of an upgrade, and since I'm the main Paladin tank of the two my LS has, I needed it over Adaman Cuirass. The Enmity will help out with holding hate a bit better (I'm already doing fine, even without Enmity merits, which I can't take due to my other jobs), but the Fast Cast has already proven its worth; the Nuevo knocks off a full two seconds from my Utsu: Ni timer when cast with the rest of my normal tanking gear. That, in and of itself, is pretty damn hot. It also looks great too (as seen in the "Latest Accomplishments" thread).

Overall, yeah, I may be among the sea of Nuevo Paladins now, but damn, there's a reason for that, and it's because this thing is so damn good for Paladin. I love it.
                  Last edited by LilithAngel; 04-13-2009, 07:31 AM. Reason: The fact that my Paladin no longer looks quite as gimp by wearing Adaman body is reason enough to get Nuevo...

Comment

I'm debating just how useful this would be for a WHM. I mean the Errant Houpplande is far superior stat-wise, has a huge chunk of +hMP instead of the MP and only costs 10k on my server instead of how much it would cost to fund the BCNM fights for ACP.

I mean I'm usually idling/curing in my Noble's and I'm usually wearing my Blessed Briault for Barspells and Max MP macros and resting in my Errant body so I don't know how yet another body piece would fit in.

That is why I'm tempted to put on the +Accuraccy and +Store TP augments on it for my WHM purely so I have something to TP in while meleeing that doesn't gimp my MP and MND.

Considering that this will give me the same +Acc as a Reverand Mail without the MP penalty and the MND penalty that would gimp my Hexa Strike. All i would be losing is the +10 Evasion but considering that WHM has an E in Evasion and that Stoneskin + Shadows are always up on a meleeing WHM I see it as a fair trade for +4 Store TP

Does this sound useful to anyone else or should I just go ahead and stick -Emnity and +Fast Cast on it and likely never look at it again?
                    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Unless you have an already strong Store TP build, the +4 won't amount to anything. You're better off just simply making this into a mage Hauby with +10 Accuracy and +10 Attack.
                      Last edited by LilithAngel; 04-13-2009, 08:15 AM. Reason: At least it'll save you the trouble of having to deal with Shen, and ACP actually dosen't really cost much, start to finish.

Comment

WHMs do have access to a lot of Haste gear though but I do see your point with the Store TP thing. Adding +10 Acc and +10 Attack to it would make it far better than the Reverend Mail for WHMs since you would be able to TP and WS in it and it also has the bonus perks of me not having to organise a Shen run.
                        Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I only have PLD at 75, and if I were to take something else to 75 next it'd most likely be WAR, seeing as how I had to take it from 45 to 60 for CoP missions, and someone needs to restore balance to the WAR side of the Force. However, I don't do any endgame tanking so the Fast Cast is of limited utility to me; I'm going with Acc+10, Enmity+5 on my Coselete. It basically turns it into a Haubergeon-Valor Surcoat hybrid, which makes it a damned fine piece to tank in against things that can actually be hit for damage, and also makes it superior in small man/solo situations since it doesn't have that big ugly Evasion penalty.

Even if I took up WAR or DRG to 75, I could get an Askar body if I REALLY wanted to, since I have up to floor 96 recorded in my Runic Disc.
                          Originally posted by Aksannyi
                          Even with capped Elemental merits and plenty of other Elemental + gear? I can see wearing AF body for shit that resists a lot, but I think I might get plenty of mileage out of RR for SCH. One in our LS was using Morgana's Cotehardie in Dynamis/Ein and didn't seem to notice terrible resists.
                          Just bear in mind that the actual gain in damage will only be 3% at most, due to you already having some MAB. Just throwing that out there.

Firewind: If you're going for two meleeing Augments I wouldn't recommend Store TP. Attack+10 or Double Attack+2 are better choices, depending on what sort of things you'll be meleeing. The Attack is better against high level enemies (VT-IT and beyond) while the DA is better against weak things.

EDIT: Damn, Lilith beat me to it. Actually, a "strong" Store TP build isn't really required to shave off one hit needed to 100 TP, but the benefits of that are kind of iffy when dual wielding (if you end up one hit short of 100 due to random misses or double attacks, you still have to wait out the Delay of two hits), and it also doesn't do anything for your normal DoT OR WS damage.

Comment

BBQ where are you getting 30% Snapshot from? Looking at the wiki the JA itself caps out @ 10% at level 5, and Mirke adds another 5%. The only other items that add to it are Mythic Xbow, COR Relic Hands and Jalzahn's Ring which is only active in Assault/Salave, and the values aren't listed for those items.

I'm also surprised you're not going for the Quickdraw mod. 45 second QD would be pretty sweet >.>

Would it be worth it to take Ranged Attack +10 and RACC +15 for a RNG though? RNG already has some fairly nice body pieces with similar mods. Snapshot is the clear winner, but what to pair it with? (Leaning on attack due to just how much RACC you can pile on as is)
                            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

So what augments did you guys get on your drk body? I have my opinions, I asked people in game and got a couple conflicting opinions and now I'm getting wishy washy on what to do for mine. So what did you all do?

I'm doing the missions on my other character and her equips are ABYSMAL. The 2 jobs I play are drk and rdm but I don't know if the mage body is worth it over the drk. I know it will be a long time before I can get some good equips because there are so many people in the ls that want the same drops as I do. So this body is kind of an important decision for my character.
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X