Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does your LS use this point system? *Rant Thread*

Originally posted by Nataka View Post
    or black mages that threaten to quit linkshells if they're not carried to all events on a golden chariot while being fed grapes and fanned.
    Sign me up! o.o I didn't know we could do that.
    Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
    Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      BRDs who think they have any great amount of power just because they are BRDs are complete fools and anyone that treats a BRD like they're that powerful are also fools.

Reasons are simple.

BRD is easy to level.
      BRD is easily replaceable.
      Most people seriously into endgame have a BRD levelled, they just hide it 99% of the time.
      Leaders and sackholders will hide their BRD 100% of the time.
      BRD can have shit for gear and still be invited, thus no one will care how awesome you think your BRD is.
      BRD is a tool, not a person.
      BRD does not have a name besides "BRD."
      This made me LOL. But I agree, I hate "Spoony Bards" cuz all they do is bitch and moan while having to pull and cast songs.
      Originally posted by Van Wilder
      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
      Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by Nataka View Post
        ... or black mages that threaten to quit linkshells if they're not carried to all events on a golden chariot while being fed grapes and fanned.
        Ummm....I beg your pardon! I prefer cherries. Oh and the fanning is only done by:

Leaders and sackholders will hide their BRD 100% of the time.
        This is 100% true! HAHAHAHAHA Even members of my ls didn't even know I had BRD leveled. Of course, the next day they were /t'ing me begging me to come merit. ><
        Last edited by TheGrandMom; 04-27-2009, 04:46 PM.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Booooo BRD FTL, COR FTW!!!!!!!
          Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
          No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
          I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

@Ezariel:

As it is they are out there every day working hard farming pop items, learning strats, learning to work together as a team, etc... You just want to show up "when you can" and reap the full benefits of all the hard work they did when you couldn't be there?
            No I don't expect to turn up and reap the benefits! I think waiting 2 years+ for a chapeau and 1.5 years+ for haidate shows that I'm willing to wait my turn. That's the brilliance of a point based system, those who turn up get more points and therefore can lot first. Granted, my attendance being lower means I place further back in the lotting line but it's fair and I don't complain about that.

Point is, there are rules in real life and there are rules in linkshells. In both cases you either live by the rules and pay the consequences when you don't, or you move.
            Yes there are and I totally get that. However I really don't think you did get the point of my post. It's not like these rules have always been in place so I think I have a fair point in being disgruntled by their sudden appearence. Especially considering even if I were to quit my job, my social life and uni I still couldn't get "committed member" status because I don't have access to all the events!

I merely disagree with the ops expectations and stated a counterargument
            Yes maybe my expectations of a fair rule system (like the one the LS used up until now that worked pefectly fine) are completely crazy.

Your counterargument is rubbish to say the least because it doesn't really apply to me. If you had taken the time to read the thread properly maybe you could understand why you're the only one in this thread of that opinion.

I think what the ls is trying to stop is a painfully common problem with shells that have been around for quite some time. You've got that guy in your ls... He's been in the shell for 3 years and gotten everything he ever wanted and has enough points to outbid anyone on anything...
            So instead of having some members with uber points who lot all the time until they burn those points they create members who have permanent lotting priority over everyone who has missed even one event?

I know long term members with mass points irk LS's and I agree it's annoying but no one ever seems to point out that to get those points in the first place they must have put a lot of effort in to begin with and so they still deserve to spend those points. However, a % reduction in points (especially for well sought after items or a completed snow AF set) generally resolves the problem of members with too many points considerably.

He has had 100% attendance to this point, but suddenly he increasingly has to "work" on more and more nights that you schedule events. But somehow this amazingly demanding and random schedule doesn't prevent him from having 100% attendance on nights you schedule to kill Proto-Omega...
            I don't see where this fits into this argument as it doesn't apply to me whatsoever but anyway...
            Do you really think that isn't plausible? I work loads but if I could I always booked work off when a xarc run was scheduled, which was generally once a month. It didn't hurt to lose one shift and it's not to say I didn't turn up for every possible event I could where I gained absolutely nothing. That's what team work is about, you don't just do it for what you can get out of it but that doesn't mean you should be blamed for making sure you can make it when you can get something out of it.

On the other hand, if it was a case where the member literally only turned up to events they could gain from then maybe that is something the LS leader should address in private. However, that's not what I'm like.

What if that person is your main PLD that you have invested tons of gil and time in? What do you tell your members when events get cancelled because he doesn't show, or you lose a kirin pop set because you decided to take a pickup pld (or your backup) and fail?
            1. don't blame your PLD for having a life away from his computer.
            2. don't pick up PLDs unless you know them if you don't want a possibility of failure. Easiest solution would be change the event. Annoying, but easily enough done.
            3. If the back up PLD failed that much perhaps he could do with the practice even when the normal PLD is there.

Maybe he/she isn't telling us the entire truth, they sound an awful lot like that person in question to me.
            To what purpose would not telling the entire truth achieve?

But I do applaud this ls for at least trying to find a way to address this issue.
            I'd applaud them more if they listened more to all their members so they could address it in a more appropriate way. I'm not the only one who got annoyed over the rule changes.

@ShepardG: I'm a girl so no worries
            Last edited by fallenintoshadows; 04-28-2009, 08:10 AM.

Comment

BRD is a tool, not a person.
              BRD does not have a name besides "BRD."
              OMG !!!

... rofl

...and people in the waiting room now question my sanity.
              FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
              FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
              aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenintoshadows View Post
                @ShepardG: I'm a girl so no worries
                /

I assume everyone I see online is a guy.

TGM was TGP at some point, and Nee-san was Nii-san instead.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

fallenintoshadows, don't feed the troll/sock that the officers in your LS created on here to try and bash you down. Reason does not work with them, as we can already see since they asked you to delete the post you made where you expressed your concerns with the new system.

Coincidence that his join date is in April, after you made this thread, and that he's only posted in this thread? I THINK NOT!!!!

As a cetain person's avatar says,

This is madness!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezariel View Post
                    Didn't miss the point at all, this is an old, tired, and overbeaten dead horse topic that has been seen more than a few times on many forums. I merely disagree with the ops expectations and stated a counterargument. You may agree or you may not, but both you and I have valid arguments that are relevant to our respective situations.
                    I read this and assumed it meant "Oh shit I'm wrong, time to consult my pocket dictionary to sound smarts!"

But thats just me.
                    Rothy of Valefor Server. MyLittleChocobo Shell Holder Join DiV v2 Today!
                    Jobs: | BLM 90/90 | THF 90/90 | WHM 51/90 | SCH 34/45 | RDM 46/49 | WAR 30/49 | NIN 49/49 | DNC 35/49

Comment

lol @ TGM, the pic of the elvaan didn't load before.

I'm almost scared to say that I want to cosplay as Samanosuke within the next two years at Sakura con, because to do it properly I'd have to grow my hair out, which you seem to fancy I'd be worried about some little old lady knocking me upside the head with her cane and spiriting me away on her harley. Nah, I know you wouldn't do that to me....

You'd hit me in the shins first to bring my head down to cane level and then whack me upside the head!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        This is 100% true! HAHAHAHAHA Even members of my ls didn't even know I had BRD leveled. Of course, the next day they were /t'ing me begging me to come merit. ><
                        I just find it funny that the "endgame is serious business" types of sackholders and leaders are such damn hypocrites when it comes to BRD. Anyone that is a non-sack and is found out to have a BRD will be shamed into bringing it to events or merits, but leaders are above needing to bring out thier BRD.

No, their melee job is super-critical to the event. Had to come THF or WAR. Can't win without it. Also sackholder/leader THFs can be in the fight the whole time, not tagged in toward the end to activate TH. The other THFs are clearly too low-quality for this honor.

Comment

tagged in toward the end to activate TH
                          People still do that with THFs? I thought THF/BRDs were all the rage now.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                          Originally posted by Armando
                          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                          Matthew 16:15

Comment

I really wouldn't care for the system in the OP's LS, but I would like to know something. In that LS, do most people have this "committed" status and does it come into play much? Also, how are points gained and spent? It's going to be a different matter if the "committed" people aren't numerous and can't really shut out others vs. that status being the only way to lot what you want...

I know that my Dynamis LS has a rule saying you need to show up some to city runs to lot Northlands, but that's more making sure people don't ONLY come to Northlands (because people did just that before).

Comment

Meg, dont you recognize that guy from somewhere? I agree with Vyuru that this is some sort of sockpuppet/troll for the leadership of said shell. He presents flawed arguments that only HE believes work.........yeah someone's a tad bit jaded.......reminds me of an idiot from my own server.........

Ezariel, whoever, whatever, you may be........I hope the rest of your members realize the bullshit that is the rules of your LS and if any of yall read this thread, there are spots open in the LS'es I run with on Quetzalcoatl, feel free to hit us up ^^b
                              I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                                lol @ TGM, the pic of the elvaan didn't load before.

I'm almost scared to say that I want to cosplay as Samanosuke within the next two years at Sakura con, because to do it properly I'd have to grow my hair out, which you seem to fancy I'd be worried about some little old lady knocking me upside the head with her cane and spiriting me away on her harley. Nah, I know you wouldn't do that to me....

You'd hit me in the shins first to bring my head down to cane level and then whack me upside the head!
                                LOL!!

I just find it funny that the "endgame is serious business" types of sackholders and leaders are such damn hypocrites when it comes to BRD. Anyone that is a non-sack and is found out to have a BRD will be shamed into bringing it to events or merits, but leaders are above needing to bring out thier BRD.

No, their melee job is super-critical to the event. Had to come THF or WAR. Can't win without it. Also sackholder/leader THFs can be in the fight the whole time, not tagged in toward the end to activate TH. The other THFs are clearly too low-quality for this honor.
                                Ummm....fyi, don't plunk me into that catagory without knowing me Kitten. It's offensive. I never said that I refuse to come to events on brd. In fact, if we need a brd I'm the first to offer but more often than not they refuse to let me come on it and prefer me on whm. Also, members do not choose job setups in our ls for events, leaders do and ALL the leaders know I have brd leveled. In fact, on our forums is a comprehensive list of everyones jobs so all someone has to do is look on the forums to see I have brd leveled. I prefer not to merit on brd and I AM allowed to say no to that.

Brd is leveled on the character that I can not currently access. It sucks, we could have used one a few times recently. My current character only has 2 level 75 jobs and they are rdm and drk. Guess which one is the only job I've been going to events on? Rdm so I don't get the luxury of playing my melee job at all. In my free time, I need to get my buffer up on rdm so I've actually had zero time to play my favorite melee job.
                                Last edited by TheGrandMom; 04-30-2009, 07:28 PM.
                                Originally posted by Feba
                                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                                Originally posted by DakAttack
                                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X