Does your LS use this point system? *Rant Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your LS use this point system? *Rant Thread*

Up until now I have taken part in Sky and Dynamis. Having a job with hours that change weekly I often miss at least one or two events a week. We used the normal point system, you get points for when you show and you spend those points to get items you want, those with more points get priority. This to me is fair and I understood that with most items I would wait a long time to get what I wanted because I can't attend as much. For example I've been doing Dynamis for 2 years+ and I'm finally 3rd in line for Duelist's Chapeau and with sky I've been doing it for a year and a half and I'm now 3rd in line for Haidate too.

Now, the majority of the people in both event LS's are the same people, they are also the same who do Limbus, Einherjar etc.(Not HNM) The officers and leaders are mainly the same too. So they came up with a cunning plan: to merge the linkshells into one giant linkshell and schedule it accordingly.

This is where it starts to get to me.

Since they're merging the linkshells, they're reverting all points to 0. I can live with this, it's an even playing field after all.

Annoyingly, not having sea access yet I will never be able to compete point-wise with those who have access to all the events but I can live with this, I'm working through CoP and so I'll catch up in no time. Hell, let's look at it in a positive light, those who don't have access to those events will have more of an incentive to get the missions done.

Then they bring up, "Committed Members". Members who attend ALL the time will get a "Commited" status, they immediately take priority over those who don't have complete attendance. Ok, that hit a nerve. So basically, if a comitted member has less points than a non-comitted member because let's say they've spent them all on something, they'd still get to lot before the non-comitted member. I will permanently be at the bottom of the lotting list along with everyone else who has job or a RL that prevents them from attending all the events.

So, they argue, my points would be lower anyway due to less attendance than others so this whole commitment thing shouldn't matter. Sure I don't care waiting 2 years to get 3rd in line for something but thinking I could go forever without getting anywhere is annoying, especially seeing as we have new members every week pretty much, who immediately get "Comitted Status" and not to mention during the time it takes me to crawl closer to getting the item I want all the other "Comitted" members may decide to then level a job which needs that same item I want and will get it first. So I'm facing that I'll pretty much always be at the bottom of the pile.

They decided that the "Commited" status will either be a percentage of your attendance from either the last month, the last 3 months or the last year. I have no hope of attending all events in a week, so I can forget about even aiming for a month if they decide on that one.

Has anyone ever had this "Committed" Status in anything OTHER than a HNMLS, which this isn't and what do you guys think about it? I'm thinking I'd have a better chance of getting what I want now if I just join another LS and starting again from scratch with a LS which has the normal point system.

I asked them, if our current lotting/point system isn't broken, why fix it? I'm still waiting for my reply.

Re: Does your LS use this point system? *Rant Thread*

This makes me glad that I haven't really got involved with end game stuff yet. After awhile, "Committed" members will get "Reward Zone Status" and get back 50% of their points with each purchase.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
      This makes me glad that I haven't really got involved with end game stuff yet. After awhile, "Committed" members will get "Reward Zone Status" and get back 50% of their points with each purchase.
      orz

Comment

Join another linkshell. That point system is broken on so many levels.

I'm part of a sky/sea linkshell.

The way we do points is for sky is that the highest point person (who can wear the item) wins. Simple as that. You get points for coming to runs and lose points when you win an item.

For sea, it's a bit different. Drops in sea are a rarity, as a lot of people know. The way we do that is to make it so that you can only obtain 1 item every 2 weeks. (We alternate between sky and sea every 2 weeks) If you're within a certain point window of other people, you're allowed to lot an item, assuming you can wear it of course.

But this commitment status sounds like bullshit. I would leave and tell your friends to leave too. :x
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
          The way we do points is for sky is that the highest point person (who can wear the item) wins. Simple as that. You get points for coming to runs and lose points when you win an item.

For sea, it's a bit different. Drops in sea are a rarity, as a lot of people know. The way we do that is to make it so that you can only obtain 1 item every 2 weeks. (We alternate between sky and sea every 2 weeks) If you're within a certain point window of other people, you're allowed to lot an item, assuming you can wear it of course.

But this commitment status sounds like bullshit. I would leave and tell your friends to leave too. :x
          that's pretty much a summation of my feelings about it. every shell I've been in has been this way. The preference thing is absolute bullshit, and it's just a way for a few friends to use everyone else to get what they want. there's enough shells out there that you can get into without fighting with a huge group for low amounts of drops.

Comment

At least the shell leaders aren't selling communally farmed pop items to buy their own stuff...

Leave.

Comment

yeah, they're at least being honest about putting a select few ahead of the well being of the whole. they're actually pretty open about it with that system.

Comment

and this is basically why SE needs to make end game mobs reward through Points-- I'd rather rack up "400 Fafnir Points" for a Ridill than deal with the insane bullshit that comes with endgame LSs and drop rates. Drops work when everyone gets along; or in other words, drops don't work.

Anyway, leave immediately. I can actually sympathize with the system-- they want people to show up consistently, to keep things doable, and prevent people from blowing it off. However, that is not an excuse to blow away years of work and assistance. On top of all of that, an LS that demands constant attendance is simply not a good fit for how you play. Nothing wrong with keeping a schedule, but there's no point staying in an LS where you'll be disadvantaged because you don't play as much as they do.

Comment

waiting 2 years for an item???

I....I dont know what to say to that...

Comment

Yeah, leave. I have a hard time understanding why some Shells see the need to make the point system overly complicated, with statuses and categories. It really doesn't have to be that complicated, unless your ultimate goal is to help yourself and your friends and abuse the help of others through false promises of reward. Which apparently is the case here.
                    FFXIV Balmung Server
                    Tenro Matashi
                    PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

My mind boggled at 2 years to be *third* in line for D.Chapeau. Sure, it's a Xarc drop, but that's no excuse for it to take THAT long. (Although, admittedly, some of that 2 years would be under the old northlands drop rates.)

Anyway, I agree with the thread consensus: that system is unfair. I would not join or remain in a shell with that system, or a similar system. It's particularly unfair to people in your position, so don't join it as a person in your position.

You could consider asking them to define attendance based on events it is possible for you to attend, rather than penalizing people for not attending things they *can't* attend (either because of lack of in-game access or because of work schedules); it would be kind of hard to argue with that. But in the end you'd just have joined a LS with rather unfair rules, so you might want to think twice before you do that.
                      Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
                      RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
                      All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

I see attendance-based lotting in a lot of HNMLSes, basically which makes it so that you have to actually camp NMs if you want to lot shit. Very simple, very fair. And a lot of these linkshells are all-encompassing. It does slightly hurt the people who work and can't be on 24/7, but what really hurts attendance is core events (Dynamis/Einherjar) and not NM camps. And people joining the linkshell know in advance when the core events are, and are not encouraged to apply if they can't make those events.

For something like sky and Dynamis though, that's wack. Sometimes you just can't make it. Net goes out, family function, birthday, work, whatever. Sure, incentive to show up, but your sacks don't realize you alraedy have incentive to show up. You don't show, you don't get loot. Tis very simple. You already don't get points - and therefore lose priority - by not being there when you can't make it.

Dumb system for something like sky and Dynamis. Merging shells like that creates nothing but drama. I left my old-old linkshell for personal reasons, and started over in a new shell, and still got my hat. It sucks to start over, but you just don't know. Hats drop like candy for some shells, and some don't ever see them.

It makes no sense for you to stay in a shell like that. They're not understanding of your RL situation. That system works great for the people who have no life but just decide not to show up at will, but it hurts people who do have an actual life and can't possibly be in game for events. I feel your pain, because I've been there. But I'd definitely leave the linkshell because of this system, and find one that is a bit more understanding of your RL situation.
                        sigpic
                        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Eh, I like my Endgame LS System. Simple enough
                          You have a main lot, and you can have a sublot (any other job over 65)
                          points for coming, lose points for spending
                          those with main lot and more points can get item
                          Or certain drops, certain people would get the item if it would benefit them/LS more.
                          No BLMs with Kirin's Osode, No V Helm for a dude who hasn't even unlocked PLD
                          (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
                          sigpic

Comment

The "committed status" was made up by a bunch of greedy f**kers and its time for you to leave. It's that simple. They and their ass kissing friends want stuff and this is a great way for them to get it before anyone else. Leave.

I hate to say that but I think its for the best. It really sucks when you've waited that long for an item you want badly (and I can SO understand how much you want that chapeau). Otherwise give yourself a time limit to stay and see how it goes. During that time ask around about other shells and how they do it (and how long that chapeau list is! lol). But at the end of your time limit make a decision and stick with it no matter how hard.
                            Originally posted by Feba
                            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                            Originally posted by Taskmage
                            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                            Originally posted by DakAttack
                            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Look at it this way, if they're resetting the points to zero, what are you losing by leaving? If they'd rather have drops for their buddies, then they can play with their buddies. And nobody else.

In fact, you might be able to convince a few of the other "peons" that it's in their best interest to leave, too.
                              Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                              99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                              F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                              >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                              X