Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reactivating and cancelling method as a precaution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reactivating and cancelling method as a precaution?

hi ya people may know my system malfunctioned and I wasn't able to access POL to cancel, but this topic is about precautions that will enable me to continue playing FFXI, while already being one step ahead of a possible crisis.

in case the system messed up again, do you think if I reactivate the Content ID, then cancel the Content ID the same day, I will be charged for that month and can play that entire month? that would be good because if I keep my content ID cancelled right after I activate it, then if my system doesn't work and I can't access POL to cancel it, I wouldn't have to worry because it's already cancelled, they won't keep charging me after that month.

I basically would momentarily reactivate so they charge me for that month, and I can play that month, but cancelling the same day I reactivate, ensures that if my system malfunctions, I don't have to worry about getting charged next month if I can't get the system to work or a new one by then, because I already cancelled, I just have that month to use it, unless I reactivate it again next month. Do you think this works or is there something missing or is it not possible to cancel the same day ppl
    activate a content ID?

they would still charge me that month no matter if I didn't even play for a minute. cancellation just
    means I have the rest of the month before I need to reactivate it again (and therefore get charged again) to play the following
    month. But I'm jsut using this reactivation and then cancelling right after method, in case my system doesn't work and I can't access POL through the system, because I don't want them to continue charging for the following months if I can't play, see?

Re: Reactivating and cancelling method as a precaution?

Yeah sure why not.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I am so confused.

When you cancel your content ID you can still play until the end of the month.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

ya that's what I mean, but I'm saying after I reactivate it, I would cancel it right then and there before playing, in case the system for whatever reason no longer works, otherwise it would be a hassle buying a new system, just to cancel if some situation presents itself that I wouldn't be able to play, but I wouldn't wanna be charged for future months if I'm not playing and I'm unable to get the required things to cancel the content ID, since the only way is through the system.

Comment

You might want to wait 24 hours just to be sure, but there's nothing wrong with your logic here. I only mention a 24-hour wait because I've had difficulty making certain kinds of payment-related changes within 24 hours of each other.
          Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
          DRK99,DNC91,THF90
          Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
          Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
          WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
          Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
          All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
          Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
          Clothcraft 24
          Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
          BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

What you really have to do is hit the "delete character" button. That ensures you stop getting charged at all because you'll stop playing.

Maybe.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I wouldn't risk it. If your system is down and you won't be able to play, then call the number listed on your bill to have the membership cancelled. It seems to be more of a hassle doing this subscribe/cancel thing you're thinking about.

Also, if you try to subscribe and cancel the same day, they may not charge you at all and consider the transaction to be a mistake so you don't get charged at all, but you also don't get to play. If you're having issues and can't play, cancel it then by phone. That just seems the most efficient way.

Comment

I was away for 2 years and did not have my characters deleted.

Comment

no deleting character does not stop SE from charging, you have to directly cancel the Content ID, even if its empty. plus this isn't about deleting characters, just precautions in case I can't access POL through the system if cancellation is necessary.

anyways thanks for the advice. I'll just reactivate it this Sunday and then cancel on Monday, then play for the rest of the
                  month.
                  the system has been working in 100% condition for over 4 days now, so I think the problem won't show itself within 48 hours before I cancel it. So I'll cancel it tommorrow and take advantage of the rest of the month playing it.

edit: oh I just noticed we can't reactivate until later tommorrow. >.>
                  Last edited by jenova_9; 03-01-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pearlsea View Post
                    I was away for 2 years and did not have my characters deleted.
                    The way it works is that they store your character info someplace else and 2 or 3 months after you cancel, Squeenix will not restore your character except through the Return to Vana'diel promotion. During those promos you can restore your old characters, but if you want to return between those times, they won't restore your account and you have to start new characters...

Comment

except not. I had a character on an inactive content ID for something like 8-12 months, it was just fine when I brought it back. I know plenty of people who've gone longer. A lot of the time, your character is right there waiting for you. And I'm 90% certain that you can request a character restoration any time. Like character deletion, it's pretty much luck, but more often than not your information is intact.

Comment

Working...
                      X