Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mount Zhaylom RMT - How bad is it on your server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Zhaylom RMT - How bad is it on your server?

I'm new to extra gil-making activities like Harvesting and Mining, so I gave it a good chance this week and put some long hours into it. I have to say, it's EXTREMELY dissapointing when EVERY mining point in Mount Zhaylom/Halvung have an /anon 'bot' who is /away just waiting there to auto-dig in a spot.

It's hard enough to walk around that area without getting aggro, let alone find a safe spot. I spoke to a GM last night who said they would investigate, but I mean c'mon...there are legitimate ppl and there are not. Those running around like myself trying to help the economy, and those selling Khroma Ore to obtain REAL money.

I'm just curious, how bad is this on other servers? I'm on Bahamut and thoroughly pissed.

Zoltar
    | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
    2/5 WAR +2
    Farsha(85)

Re: Mount Zhaylom RMT - How bad is it on your server?

I don't know about the /anon bot. I never notice those on Asura.
    -add later-

Comment

The auto-diggers on Asura were recently removed. They may resurface (or may already have resurfaced). Just report them and wait patiently. Last I was up there the RMT had switched to manned minimum-level Tarus which is business as usual. A lot of new RMT faces, none of which were auto-botting.

Technically, it doesn't really matter how they mine. Just choose a different path that efficiently avoids them. They usually take the 4 AFKable points around Cerberus' pop site, so that leaves two paths to the east or west. You can just bypass the RMT bots and go through them. You can't make them go away--every one you destroy will be replaced. I always envision Chinese Gilfarmers as being chained to a computer screen with their eyelids wired open and every time they get banned or go under quota some chinese military guy whacks them on the head with a truncheon:

Comment

Theyre not bad on my server from what I've noticed, but of course, theres always competition.
        Originally posted by Van Wilder
        Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
        Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
        I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Working...
        X