Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wings of the Goddess question

Hey,

I dont think I'm to the point where I can do much with the wings of the goddess mission line, but I have a question about allegiances. Basically, I dont know much about any nation in the past and what the differences are, and am looking for some pointers as to what the pros and cons are (if there are any) of choosing one nation over the other. If anyone could post some clarification or direct me to a site with some wotg information, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Maeru

( I may not respond tonight as I am going to bed so I thank any constructive posts in advance )

Re: Wings of the Goddess question

First off, your affiliation with your present day nation has nothing to do with who you ally with in the past, so you're free to choose, but you must quest each nation's invite before you can join any of them. You can obtain these from NPCs located Garliage Citadel (S) for Sandoria, Crawler's Nest (S) for Windurst and the Eldieme Necropolis (S) for Bastok.

All nations in the pasts have quests all players can do, so there's no strict nation affiliation, people from other nations can even join in on most Assault missions. However, you will need to keep up-to-date with at least one nation's series of quests to participate in new missions as they come along. Each nation gets their own questline that shows parts of the Great War but are stories outside of the WotG Mission arch.

So if you're from Windurst and did the latest series of Bastok quests, you're still OK for new missions as they become available. If you don't do any of the quests, you won't be able to progress missions.

As for which nations to pick:

Mage gear - Windy
    Tank Gear - Sandy
    "Light" Melee gear - Windy
    "Heavy" melee gear - Bastok

Most of the light melee gear is geared toward expansion melee jobs (ToA and WotG) or ones that wear lighter armor.

Comment

D'oh. Wish I'd read up more before I (Taru mage) cast my lot with Sandy in the past.
      Server: Unicorn | Main: Yara | LS: Peacekeepers
      RDM 49 · BLM 40 · WHM 36 · DNC 34 · DRG 24

Comment

You can still buy AN gear from other nations regardless of your allegiance, there's just a price markup. Changing allegiance isn't too big a deal either. Iirc you just lose your two highest medals.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
          You can still buy AN gear from other nations regardless of your allegiance, there's just a price markup. Changing allegiance isn't too big a deal either. Iirc you just lose your two highest medals.
          I'm pretty sure the first time you change allegience you don't lose anything.
          "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Solymir View Post
            I'm pretty sure the first time you change allegience you don't lose anything.
            This is true, you only lose your top two medals when you switch BACK to the first nation you were allied with.
            Originally posted by Van Wilder
            Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
            Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
            I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

Doh! I don't think I've joined an allegiance with anyone yet, didn't know you had to do a specific quest. Well, now im thinking about it and I did goto the Eldieme Nec. for something... How can i know if i'm in with Bastok? Is there a way to check? Double Doh!
              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
              RANK 10 Bastok
              CoP: Done
              ZM: Done
              ToA: Done
              Assault rank: Captain
              Campaign Medal: Medals
              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Working...
              X