Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've always wondered...

Originally posted by amusinginquiry View Post
    Can Tarutarus swim, and if so, how well?
    Tarutaru are a rather "plump" folk which gives rise to natural buoyancy. Therefore, they don't really need to swim, just paddle which is why they like mage jobs so much--they can equip a staff or wand and use it as an oar. Incidentally, you also now know the origin of the famous "wand" shape.

How exactly do Galkas "procreate"?
    Galka claim that old Galka go out into Altepa Desert and then "something" happens and a child comes back. I've noticed that older galka have a tendency to wear S&M gear, and I have theorized that Galka reproduce through some form of S&M/B&D ritual involving Rosie O'Donnell.

Where is teh Mithran males?
    They are kept in the secret Mithran sex slave compound ala Futurama:

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
      In any case they're not fictional - there's a male Mithra NPC in some WotG cutscene.
      This suprised me! I stopped playing a while before WotG, so I was unaware of this.

Found a ss of the male Mithra you spoke of:

I honestly really wanted to play a Mithra when I first started, but I didn't really like the idea of playing a female character (my masculinity is far from secure).
      I would have totally chosen the male type if it had been available though.

and thanks for that post Sabaron, I lol'd
      Last edited by amusinginquiry; 02-08-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

This suprised me! I stopped playing a while before WotG, so I was unaware of this.

I honestly really wanted to play a Mithra when I first started, but I didn't really like the idea of playing a female character (my masculinity is far from secure).

I wanted to play a Mithra when I first started too. I have no problems with my masculinity but didnt want to be "hit on" every time I leave my MH.
        PSN ID: Kelshan
        Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
        Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
        sigpic

Comment

Can Tarutarus swim, and if so, how well? I've always assumed midgets irl wouldn't make very good swimmers, and tarus seem like they would fare about the same.
          And if they can't swim, why is there a distinct lack of railings in Windurst? Railingless piers, with tiny people (who possibly can't swim) running around on them just seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Perhaps that's what those water-Dhalmels were for? Lifeguard Dhalmels!

How exactly do Galkas "procreate"? It had something to do with reincarnation, but it's all very vague. Is there anything in the game that ever references or answers any part of this?
          Aside from:

Where is the Mithran males? On some distant What was the exact reasoning for their non-appearance in the game? Besides possibly to balance out the male only Galkas. Are there a miniscule number of males and they're kept hidden? Sex slaves? Are mithras actually some new form of cylon sent to infiltrate us?

Most of these are probably left vague intentionally by SE... whether to keep things mysterious or just because of a lack of drive to work out all the details, I'm not sure.

If anyone else has some pointless ponderings, add them to the thread!
          This whole post is a direct rip off from allah. The bolded being WORD FOR WORD.

Fail.

Comment

Geez, not this again. Tarutaru have knees. This can be easily observed in two ways:

1) Model Viewer. Take a taru model, face them to the side, and put them on run motion. Step through the frames if you have to.

2) /sit

There is some potential confusion due to a few anatomical differences from other races. In addition to the legs being rather short which helps to obscure things, the knees on a tarutaru are not half-way down the leg as might be expected, but are more like two-thirds of the way down the leg; the distance between knee and ankle is actually pretty short. Also, the running motion can look misleading if you don't watch closely because Tarutaru have an extremely long stride length, seeming to have a good deal more flexibility with leg muscles and joints than is typical of other races. This helps explain why they can manage to match the running speed of races with much longer legs.
            Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
            DRK99,DNC91,THF90
            Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
            Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
            WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
            Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
            All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
            Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
            Clothcraft 24
            Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
            BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

They also do not need rails. They are short. They have better balance due to the increase center of gravity. They would not fall off the piers. Well I could, but is unlikely. Mithra are also dexterous and surefooted, with the tail, that again, is used for balance. No one is drowning.

Comment

Originally posted by Potemken View Post

Fail.
                /sigh
                In reply to the first sentence: no.
                In reply to the second sentence: no.
                In reply to the last bit: why do you always jump to such strong conclusions when you lack any evidence to support those conclusions? although I guess it would be asking a bit much for you to ever actually provide a simple link before making a wild claim.

Unless me and some random poster on Alla managed to produce, independently of each other, the same exact frivolous post.

And why would anyone "rip off" anything that was posted on Allah?

A new wondering: Why is Potemken always so angry?
                /endcomplaint

On topic: Does anyone remember that one NPC in Port Bastok, near the regional vendors, that had this interesting blue-tinged metal armor? I believe it was a female character, Hume, and it had been there at least since RotZ.

I don't think that armor was ever available for players to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Donkey View Post
                  I will never attack another worm again...
                  It's fine as long as you don't use Hand-to-Hand. Or Headbutt.

Comment

Originally posted by Potemken View Post

Fail.
                    Link or gb2Halvung
                    Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                    99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                    F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                    >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Guys...
                      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

/shudder

Is it just me or is that thing creepy as hell. I got a shiver when I saw it lol.

Not at ALL what I was expecting.

Comment

LOL I agree. Not what I was thinking of when I thought of a male mithra.
                          Originally posted by Feba
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          Originally posted by Taskmage
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          Originally posted by DakAttack
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X