I've always wondered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always wondered...

Can Tarutarus swim, and if so, how well? I've always assumed midgets irl wouldn't make very good swimmers, and tarus seem like they would fare about the same.
    And if they can't swim, why is there a distinct lack of railings in Windurst? Railingless piers, with tiny people (who possibly can't swim) running around on them just seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Perhaps that's what those water-Dhalmels were for? Lifeguard Dhalmels!

How exactly do Galkas "procreate"? It had something to do with reincarnation, but it's all very vague. Is there anything in the game that ever references or answers any part of this?
    Aside from:
    it is told that, "When a Galka senses his death, he sets out on a journey to climb a high mountain and await his final moments. There, guided by a magnificent light, he gains a new body, and with that body climbs down from the mountain. However no one has ever seen this miracle take place. It may just be simple folklore."

Where is teh Mithran males? On some distant What was the exact reasoning for their non-appearance in the game? Besides possibly to balance out the male only Galkas. Are there a miniscule number of males and they're kept hidden? Sex slaves? Are mithras actually some new form of cylon sent to infiltrate us?

Most of these are probably left vague intentionally by SE... whether to keep things mysterious or just because of a lack of drive to work out all the details, I'm not sure.

If anyone else has some pointless ponderings, add them to the thread!

Re: I've always wondered...

Originally posted by amusinginquiry View Post
    Can Tarutarus swim, and if so, how well?
    Good question. With close observation you'll learn that Taru have no knees, and so it would be very difficult for them to swim if they tried. Thankfully, Taru-taru don't need to swim, because they float. ^.^

How exactly do Galkas "procreate"?
    We pop out of a hole in the ground.

Where is teh Mithran males?
    They exist in hidden villages. Mithra are kind of like the Amazons. There are actually very few Mithra men, and they live pampered lives as breeding stock. They are never allowed to leave the village. They've no voice in village matters, either. They are essentially used for breeding and treated like children while the women make all the decisions.

And that was our Vana'diel history lesson of the day. ^.~
    Last edited by EternalMalachi; 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Where is teh Mithran males?
      We had a ls joke that they were hidden in that area in Kazham that has the Mithra guard out front that wont let you go past that point.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Actually, the Mithran males are hiding underground ... you didn't think those were REALLY worms, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
          Actually, the Mithran males are hiding underground ... you didn't think those were REALLY worms, did you?

Comment

Where is teh Mithran males? On some distant What was the exact reasoning for their non-appearance in the game? Besides possibly to balance out the male only Galkas. Are there a miniscule number of males and they're kept hidden? Sex slaves? Are mithras actually some new form of cylon sent to infiltrate us?
            Yes, according to the game lore males ARE supposed to be exceedingly rare and aren't allowed to leave the Mithra homeland (which I believe isn't Kazham, but further south.) In any case they're not fictional - there's a male Mithra NPC in some WotG cutscene. Haven't seen the cutscene(s) but I have seen screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
              In any case they're not fictional - there's a male Mithra NPC in some WotG cutscene. Haven't seen the cutscene(s) but I have seen screenshots.
              In general, they're all fictional

Comment

Originally posted by EternalMalachi View Post
                With close observation you'll learn that Taru have no knees, and so it would be very difficult for them to swim if they tried. T
                also, fish don't have knees, so the entire idea that fish can swim is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                  also, fish don't have knees, so the entire idea that fish can swim is silly.
                  Fish also aren't bipedal and so would fare poorly outside of their natural habitat. Just like Taru melee. ^.~

Comment

I heard that SE were planning on adding male Mithra but cite the whole "PS2 limitations!" as an excuse not to. Shame really because it would be cool to see them
                    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

PS2 limitations? It'd be no different than loading in new mobs w/ updates. I think Squeenix is filled with pervs and they only wanna see cat girls. ^.^`

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                        I will never attack another worm again...
                        FFXIV Balmung Server
                        Tenro Matashi
                        PLD|GLD - MIN|BOT - ALC|ARM|BSM|CRP|GSM|LTW|WVR

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
                          I heard that SE were planning on adding male Mithra but cite the whole "PS2 limitations!" as an excuse not to. Shame really because it would be cool to see them
                          You better be glad that is an excuse, because the next thing will be "female Galka" so they can fix that "where Galka pop out from when little taru ask their mommy".

.... I don't want to see a female galka......
                          -add later-

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post

not sure where you heard that .- but its BS, SE never planned on adding male Mithra to players

Galka reproduce through reincarnation

Mithra Male are in Mithrin Homeland to the far south

both of these have been answered by the game itself and or SE
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                              not sure where you heard that .- but its BS, SE never planned on adding male Mithra to players

Galka reproduce through reincarnation

Mithra Male are in Mithrin Homeland to the far south

both of these have been answered by the game itself and or SE
                              On top of that, SE has kept player races balanced. There are 3 races with male/female, one male only and one female only. It's pretty obvious playable male Mithra were never intended.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X