Any Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice?

Ok I'm a n00b to be clear. I'll be making my first character tonite or tomorrow depending on the stupid us postal system lol, and I'm still undecided on which class I should be. I typically like more melee characters yet I dont want to be just hack and slash, and I've had much interest in full wizards. Any suggestions? As well as any suggestions for jobs? I like to spend a good amount of time solo'ing.

Re: Any Advice?

Try them all.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Read about the jobs in the stickies. Read about them on the wiki. Read all the posts where people ask this same question.

And then, try 'em all. Level everything for a while and see what you think. You don't lose anything switching jobs to try them, and you'll probably end up revisiting a good chunk of them for subjobs anyway.
      Ellipses on Fenrir
      There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
      . . .

Comment

FFXIclopedia

Use that as a main resource for now. Questions? Check dat wiki.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Michael82k View Post
          I was just trying to see if there would be any LS interested in taking n00bs under their wings.
          Originally posted by Michael82k;
          n00b question about mules
          Originally posted by Michael82k;
          n00b question regarding bank
          Originally posted by Michael82k View Post
          Ok I'm a n00b to be clear.
          LOL I think we get the point Michael.

Try taking all the starter jobs to 10 first and see how you like them. That'll help you get a better feel for those jobs and it'll level possible subs for future jobs or advanced jobs that you unlock.
          {New Sig in the works}
          -----------------------
          "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
          Originally posted by Solymir
          What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I gave him the standard new person greeting in his first thread with the obligatory links thrown in. He's aware of wiki and such, he just needs to read up on stuff, get in game, and not worry so much about the little things.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Hey Michael82K,

I think you are newb and not a noob. The slang word noob is actually an insult.

newb = a person who doesnt know yet but is willing to learn/wants to learn.

noob = a person who thinks they already know and is very stubborn on taking advice on how to improve/ dont thinks they need to improve.

Hince why people get extremely pissed when you call them a noob. You are saying that they dont know what they are talking about and needs to learn before they speak.
              PSN ID: Kelshan
              Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
              Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Losrase View Post
                newb = a person who doesnt know yet but is willing to learn/wants to learn.

noob = a person who thinks they already know and is very stubborn on taking advice on how to improve/ dont thinks they need to improve

... and I thought it was merely grammatical "flare".
                FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Well for 1...This is a greatly helpful thread...who'd of know the two words had two different meetings too! Crazy...onto other matters...uhhhh...forgot...wait...Oh! About servers, can you just say, oh today I think i'll go here, or there? Or is it you choose one, and you'll be there forever and ever!? Aswell...I've never got a straight answer about towns and stuff...your town no matter what is decided on race, right?
                  When a man bleeds freely for the sake of other people. It's only proper to pretend you never saw it.

Comment

Actually, he said he was a n00b....which has zero's in it. And I'm not sure but I think it may be a made up word.

Also michael (jordan? are you michael jordan? because if so OMFG! YOU ARE SO AWESOME! if your not, then please continue)

Play each job to lvl 10, and you'll get a basic feel for the game, as well as get some good starting Gil, from the drops that the monsters you'll be killing will drop. best advice I can give ya.

Comment

So you want a melee mage that can solo decently.

Sounds like a Blue Mage.

Just know learning spells won't be easy or quick if you go that route.

Alternatively,

A Red Mage generally sits in the back line, but has some melee capabilities which they tend to use more in small groups, and solo which they then to be good at.

Other jobs use spells and melee (Paladin, Dark Knight, Ninja, Dancer(kinda)).

Just try different ones out.
                      Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                      Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                      Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                      Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                      Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I've never got a straight answer about towns and stuff...your town no matter what is decided on race, right?
                        No, you can pick any starting town regardless of what race you are.

The only difference is that if you pick the city that corresponds to your race you get that nation's ring. But its stats won't make a difference on your leveling and national rings can be bought with Conquest Points when you reach Rank 3 anyways.

Pick the nation you want and the race you want. Don't pick a race just for its stats and don't pick a city just because it corresponds to your race or you'll regret it later.

Comment

Thanks Armando!

Doesn't make a whole lotta since yet, but it's still helpful.

I can't qoute ya, cause I'm still upon this forum that I'm begining to love.

Anyway, I've read lots of people referring to not choosing race upon stats.

I haven't a clue still which one i'll choose, but I'm not choosing upon jobs and such, since everyone tells you "no" and such. But it's a huge debate between Hume and Elvaan.

Again! Thank you for the info!
                          When a man bleeds freely for the sake of other people. It's only proper to pretend you never saw it.

Comment

I chose Hume over Elvaan when I first joined... I started in Sandy cuz I like forests (from Pacific N.W.) I'm glad I chose Hume as I can't stand the way Elvaans look when they run. Sorry elvaans.

Funny tho... cuz I think my personality is more akin to the Tarus now that I've been playing for a while. If I were to start another char, I'd proly go with a Taru and start in Windy for variation.... yet still no regrets chosing Hume and living in Sandy.
                            FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                            FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                            aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Is there anywhere on this site that gives detail info about what towns offer and such? Cause as Neverslip said his fave is forests. So that must mean there is different enviorments to a town, right? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X