Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RMT teleport bots... will they get pwned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RMT teleport bots... will they get pwned?

Teleporting is a great way to make cash though..

I don't know what I'm talking about I've not played in over 3 years :lol: I was gonna make an arguement but I can't because I remember nothing...

Comment

There used to be telebots on Kujata but they either got banned or the players just kept pressuring the bots out of telewhoring. I think it was a bit of both.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Elwynn View Post
        Maybe SE should put teleport/D2/Retrace/Recall NPCs in Jeuno/WG, but have them charge 5k-10k or more per teleport, and a varying scale by demand like chocobos, so as not to discourage tele-taxiing by players. It sure seems to be a good way to sink more excess gil out of the economy.
        There's excess gil still in the economy? It's been 4 years since inflation was a real problem.
        Lyonheart
        lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
        Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
        Fishing 60

Lakiskline
        Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
        Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
        Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
        Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Have they sorted out the AH and the inflated prices now?

That's one of the reasons I left the game

Comment

Check the prices on ffxiah.com if you like ... there's still money in crafting, but a lot of it tends to be in the HQing.

Comment

I wish on my off hours, I could "rent" my teleporting services to Jeuno or whatever city, similar to how SeeD was paid every so often for employment.

Say I rent out my services while I'm at work, or asleep, then when I wake up I get some amount of gil from it. The npc would be paid the full amount (say 200 gil), and anyone that's renting their character out would receive some type of profit for helping out.

nah... that's probably a dumb idea, I dunno. *shrug*
              I guess mass bannings are the way to go.
              Hacked on 9/9/09
              FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I vote for tele-bazaars. You set your price for each teleport, retrace, warp 2, etc. Interested party buys from your menu, and you're automatically added to their party and start casting (if they have others in their party, they have to pay the party price). You arrive, disband, and warp back. Once you're home (or once you're done casting for retrace and D2), you start healing, and the only options available in your tele-bazaar are the ones you've got the MP for.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

Ok I know this is my first post and I should probably don my flamesuit because of it but all of these solutions just sound wrong. They all read as though you want SE to make you a bot to use to teletaxi.
                  To be honest I’m in the camp of until I see 2k-3k for a tele I'm not stopping my normal activities but even then I’ve made 20-30k in an hour before without even actively hunting for people to taxi. I guess my feelings on the taxibots are like the bots in the rest of the game SE isn’t going to be able to stop it so there’s not much we can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goumi View Post
                    I guess my feelings on the taxibots are like the bots in the rest of the game SE isn’t going to be able to stop it so there’s not much we can do about it.
                    People had the same opinion about gil sellers and SE has put a HUGE dent in their business.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I believe that since the tele haven't been created for gil making but to teleport a party, SE won't be making any changes there.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                        Id rather have a RMT tele bot then stand in WG shouting for a while. To be honest RMT is a joke, after seeing the mass ban the other day it makes you wonder who the real crooks are. I bank on the "legit" players. (Hope SE does as well).
                        Translation: I'm a botter! I have telebot installed right now, but I only really use the claimbot cuz my ls told me i have to to get phat lewtz! They say everyone does it, so it's ok!"

Telebotters are mostly likely not RMT, they're your (not so) friendly next door end gamers who get telebot as part of their app package when they join a certain site.

On my server, if they are HNM LS members, they are botters, which a few "legit" ls exceptions. Otherwise, you can spot them by their knee jerk defense of things like telebots.

"They just make life easier! It would be worse if they weren't here."

No, it would be better if they weren't here. And I seriously hope SE's next wave of bans miraculous exterminates every verminous douchebag with apps installed on their PC.

Get. The fuck. Out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                          I vote for tele-bazaars
                          Actually, magic bazaars could be a very cool system. You add spells that can be cast on party/people to your bazaar and set a price, and other people can run up and purchase it from you like anything else. Your character would automatically cast it on that character or their party.

Removes the possibility of scamming people out of spell casts like teles and D2s, and allows people to purchase buffs for their parties (for example, in Dunes, you could hang out at camps as a BRD, and people could purchase Ballad for their parties)

Mages would have to manually rest whenever their MP ran out, so it wouldn't be too much of an automated system. Although BRDs would still have a huge advantage there.

Comment

Rofl that would be so lame...
                            signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                            X