Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you never understand and have never changed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you never understand and have never changed!

I would like to make a thread about things in FFXI that we don't understand yet they are still there. It will be interesting to see the "oddities" in Vanadiel or in the game itself. Lets see what we can come up with

It would also be great if we could provide some "solution" for thee things we don't understand.

Ill start with my own.

1. I never understood why when Bastok is 1st place in conquest, the "circus" or those "entertainers" are in Port Bastok, a place that has always (At least on my server) been empty, especiall that far far away.

It would be better if they placed them in Bastok Markets or in Batok Mines.
    Like in Sandy, they are infront of the AH where peple can actually see them.

Re: Thigs you never understand and have never changed!

Originally posted by Darkhound View Post
    I would like to make a thread about things in FFXI that we don't understand yet they are still there. It will be interesting to see the "oddities" in Vanadiel or in the game itself. Lets see what we can come up with

It would also be great if we could provide some "solution" for thee things we don't understand.

Ill start with my own.

1. I never understood why when Bastok is 1st place in conquest, the "circus" or those "entertainers" are in Port Bastok, a place that has always (At least on my server) been empty, especiall that far far away.

It would be better if they placed them in Bastok Markets or in Batok Mines.
    Like in Sandy, they are infront of the AH where peple can actually see them.
    That is so true, and its annoying to have to Mog House Warp 2-3 times to get from the quiver npcs to the Delivery Box NPC to mail stuff to Jeuno. If you think about it they also added the Aht Urgan Warp NPC to the same zones that the 1st Place Circus appear in, and usually they aren't too far away from them either.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I wonder why is that... it is like so inconvenient and nobody goes there at all

Comment

I pass by there constantly.

And so does anyone going to the N Gust Maw or Whitegate warp.
        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Yes.. but it is a zone that is not as populated or convenient like other places...
          The circus would be better to be placed in bastok mines

Comment

If you just think of it as a circus, the location makes sense. There's that nice fountain, and a decent view (for Bastok), and the airship dock. Before the quiver and toolbag NPCs were added, it didn't really matter that much if the location was convenient (since Veleriano himself was the only practical reason to visit them), so I'm sure that wasn't as much of a consideration as appearance.

Of course, it's not in the best location now.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

I don't understand why they moved the OP guy to Bastok Mines. As its been pointed out, Port Bastok is our ticket to the TAoU and WoTG zones pretty much. Putting the OP warp guy near the Signet guy in Port Bastok would have been friggin perfect, and they didn't do it.
              Cleverness - Hades
              75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
              DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Well.. bastok mines has AH, and the chocobo guys.. makes good sense to me!

Comment

Maybe you could then explain why they moved the Windy OP to the MH area. It's closer to... the airship. Really? And of course, you have to travel then entire zone if you want to get signet before you leave.

At least before it was near a city exit and the warp taru. Then again, being near a MH isn't entirely bad -- it beats running across the zone when you get back from a party. I still say they could have positioned it even better, though.
                  Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                  90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                  70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                  52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

The AH I rarely use except for being a few select items that actually buy/sell more there than at the Jeuno AH. And chocobo I use only if I'm needed to get somewhere that isn't close to an OP, or on a lower level job that can't OP somewhere. I haven't even touched the chocobo since the last time I did Royal Jelly BCNM. I just don't agree with them putting him there.
                    Cleverness - Hades
                    75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                    DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

What about the "useless" zone in konchat.. there is a "tunnel" that leads nowhere!!!

Comment

Kirin's Osode not Rare/Ex. WHY? Because SE thought someone might accidentally lot it...?

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
                          The AH I rarely use except for being a few select items that actually buy/sell more there than at the Jeuno AH. And chocobo I use only if I'm needed to get somewhere that isn't close to an OP, or on a lower level job that can't OP somewhere. I haven't even touched the chocobo since the last time I did Royal Jelly BCNM. I just don't agree with them putting him there.
                          Agreed, it's not even close to a signet guy really. The *only* advantage now is that I can NPC crap at the starter gear seller right next to hime. Port would have been a better place to stick him.

Originally posted by Darkhound View Post
                          What about the "useless" zone in konchat.. there is a "tunnel" that leads nowhere!!!
                          Which one? The one in the west where the bomb pops for the Sam job quest or the one in the middle with the Stone Monument?

Originally posted by Electricity Gone Human View Post
                          Kirin's Osode not Rare/Ex. WHY? Because SE thought someone might accidentally lot it...?
                          Because Kirin was never meant to be farmed, as such the Osode was supposed to be rare and as such it was supposed to be tradable and sellable.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Also.... I have never understood why we have never seen new music for bards...
                            Last edited by Darkhound; 12-09-2008, 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

That has the Stone Monument.

You want useless caves, there's one in La theine in the north/central mountain ranges and on in Batt downs in the cliffs by Jeuno. Now THOSE are useless caves.

And new music would be cool, but they'd have to add different songs for all three casting types.

Comment

Working...
                              X