Installing new expansion and not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new expansion and not working

I recently installed new expansions and registered them. however under my content ID page the only service i have in blue is the basic game. and the expansions are in red. the content ID says that the expansions are installed correctly. however when i start the game a message starts. it says that the expansions are not installed. i have tried to reinstall them but its still happening. please help me out. i do not know what to do.

Re: Installing new expansion and not working

Originally posted by Hibuki View Post
    I recently installed new expansions and registered them. however under my content ID page the only service i have in blue is the basic game. and the expansions are in red. the content ID says that the expansions are installed correctly. however when i start the game a message starts. it says that the expansions are not installed. i have tried to reinstall them but its still happening. please help me out. i do not know what to do.
    Well are you sure you registered them correctly? With the POL ID you currently use. If you don have it registered with your POL ID I dont think you can use them even if you install them. I am not too sure though since its alaways worked for me.

The best thing for you to do is contact Customer Support and see if they can help you.

Comment

Just to confirm:

You went to a page like this, selected every option and went through that?

If you select "confirm status" and leave the defaults, you should see something like this...

If you don't see those last four (RoZ, CoP, ToAU, WotG) then you didn't do it right and need to go back to image one and do it for every service that isn't listed (You can get to that from Content IDs -> Extended Services/Register ID). Also, when it's all done, each expansion will no longer be ghosted out on the title (select character) screen. You only need to do it once per POL account.

Just because those items are listed in the first page does not mean they were successfully registered -- it just means that they're available. AFAIK, they show for everyone, regardless of registration status and if the expansions are installed or not.
      Kindadarii (Bahamut)
      90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
      70.3 + 2 Woodworking
      52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
        Just to confirm:

You went to a page like this, selected every option and went through that?

If you select "confirm status" and leave the defaults, you should see something like this...

If you don't see those last four (RoZ, CoP, ToAU, WotG) then you didn't do it right and need to go back to image one and do it for every service that isn't listed (You can get to that from Content IDs -> Extended Services/Register ID). Also, when it's all done, each expansion will no longer be ghosted out on the title (select character) screen. You only need to do it once per POL account.

Just because those items are listed in the first page does not mean they were successfully registered -- it just means that they're available. AFAIK, they show for everyone, regardless of registration status and if the expansions are installed or not.
        Nice job! Thanks for posting this.

Comment

that is what i see. and went i review my expansions. it says they are already registered. but the error message still comes up when i try to platy. it says that i do not have the expansions installed. so i think im going to buy and install the other expansions and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibuki View Post
            that is what i see. and went i review my expansions. it says they are already registered. but the error message still comes up when i try to platy. it says that i do not have the expansions installed. so i think im going to buy and install the other expansions and see if that helps.
            Try unstalling and then reinstalling before resorting to that. How did you get the expansions and the game by the way? Vana'diel Collection? Download store?
            Hobbes - Galka Red Mage 9|Warrior 7|Black Mage 5|Thief 5|White Mage 5|Monk 4 (Phoenix)

If you're on Phoenix and still haven't done the Gustaberg Tour, for Pete's Sake, send me a PM/Tell/e-mail

----Reading----
            Mage: the Awakening
            ----Playing----

[video game] Final Fantasy XI (WIN)
            [rpg] World of Darkness: Second Sight
            ----Listening----
            Coldplay - X&Y | Foo Figthers - The Colour and the Shape

Comment

i got the game from a buddy pass from my friend. and i installed an old copy of the game i had from the first time i played. and i found the old copy after i bought a new copy but the new copy doesnt like my laptop for some reason. so i used the new content id for it.

Comment

I think the problem that's the problem. How exactly you laptop "doesn't like" the new copy? I has no DVD drive or it's not installing?
                Hobbes - Galka Red Mage 9|Warrior 7|Black Mage 5|Thief 5|White Mage 5|Monk 4 (Phoenix)

If you're on Phoenix and still haven't done the Gustaberg Tour, for Pete's Sake, send me a PM/Tell/e-mail

----Reading----
                Mage: the Awakening
                ----Playing----

[video game] Final Fantasy XI (WIN)
                [rpg] World of Darkness: Second Sight
                ----Listening----
                Coldplay - X&Y | Foo Figthers - The Colour and the Shape

Comment

Buddy passes don't care what version of the game you use, really. But, that may be why it's kicking back expansions -- it's expecting expansion A B and C, but can't find them (since, if they're not installed, they can't be registered). What expansions do you have installed currently?

Also, you said that when you went to check the status as pointed out in the pics above, none of those four showed up? I know for certain that RoZ must be registered before you are allowed to play (I remember that coming up when I first started). The other 3 are optional, but as I said, the buddy pass *may* require them to be installed (not likely, but I could see it as possible). Along that note, when you go to start playing, on the title screen, which expansion logos are ghosted/not ghosted? The title screen should look like this if they're all registered/installed (ignore the ones you don't have installed):

Pay particular attention to the area in the red circle.

And... to be a little bit more on the technical side, what exactly does your laptop "not like" about the new copy? Is it not recognized when inserted (DVD on a CD), or can it not read the data from it (corrupt volume/drive)? In either case, you might want to look in to downloading the install from POL (I can't give you the site, though I'm sure others can point you in the right direction), or downloading the image from a torrent or equivalent.

From what I'm gathering from your posts, it's acting like the installations (or certain ones) aren't registered at all. If you are have trouble registering the expansions (they say they are already registered), you may want to try to talk to a POL (or other) representative to see if they can hammer it out. However, it is also possible they may not be able to help you out at all...
                  Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                  90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                  70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                  52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

If you dont install ALL of the expansions you have registered it will give you that message. You can still use the ones you have installed. Check the title screen after the message to see which ones are highlighted and those are the ones you have installed. You can still play, you just obviously can't zone into one of those areas.
                    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
                    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
                    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
                    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
                    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

I have installed my FFXI on my Windows 7 (32bit) laptop, and desktop successfully. I followed the info on Squeenix site and used the vista POL loaded for my Window 7 (64bit) install. I did that for the other two also.

But for some reason, in the 64bit install, I get that message, Expansion Data Not Installed. I see the data...I know its registered and activated... I verified the status... but still my FFXI is not seeing the data.

Any deeper insights on this?

Comment

Since you correctly installed on one machine and, I'm assuming, you followed the same procedure for the next one but you are still having issues, you just may need to reinstall. It sucks to get a random corrupted file but it happens so try that before becoming too concerned.
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. All my expansion packs are registered but not installed. Right before my character selection screen i get the message "Expansion pack data is not installed...". The only expansions i have installed are the ones i have cd's for. Even rize of the zilart is greyed out. Anyone have any suggestions? If not i'm gonna try a reinstal.l

Comment

Working...
                          X