SNM: Stronghold Notorious Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNM: Stronghold Notorious Monsters

So WOTG has this new SNM System out. If i remember right they attempted to do this type of system with TOA. Except in TOA you get the keys off of normal mobs to enter the BC area against the Beastman king of that stronghold, but that really didn't kick off. Blahblahblah...yeah I know, but I have been wondering the spawn conditions of these new SNMs? Does anyone have any experience with these yet? Wiki doesn't state if they are lottery spawn or timed spawn.

Any information would be great.

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
    Is a woman's heart.

Re: SNM: Stronghold Notorious Monsters

7/8 SNM Orcs killed yesterday. They were just up, so they spawn on a timer. The Arhiman was not up, probably because mirror Crown is pretty decent and selling for premium brand-new item prices.
    Madrone Hume Female Leviathan Server
    75: RDM MNK BLM PLD BRD subs: NIN WAR DRK BLU WHM SCH DNC RNG
    AF+1 16/25, AF2 9/25, Nashira 1/5, Crimson 3/5, Pln 2/5, Yigit 5/5, Zenith 3/5, Shura 3/5, Askar 1/5, Goliard 2/5, Homam 2/5
    Merits 384/506, Bastok rank 10, Merc rank 10

Comment

I wonder if they are on a long 21-24 hour timer or if one a shorter 1-18 hour timer.

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
      Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Given how common some of the drops are and that that these kills are needed to enter a BC, I think they're on a shorter timer than you'd think.

I kinda see this as a demi structure and the WotG strongholds are sky, with the boxes converted as Key Items to "pop" the BCNM. But really, this is just a reflection of the old FFXI endgame when endgame was 50 capped and "HNMs" were considered Serket and others. This time we have specialized BCNMs for each with different criteria for getting it, Stronghold NMs drop boxes, for the ones outside of the strongholds, you must get eaten by a giant sandworm.

Comment

good theory bbq.

Also. is that Taru suppose to be thinking F.U.B.A.R. I never heard of FOOBAR. whats that mean? I know FUBAR is F**ked Up Beyond All Reconision.

Comment

Thats the name of his taru in game.
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

"Foobar" is generally used for an unidentified variable, "fubar" was derived from it as a humorous shorthand for something no longer being recognizable. "Foo Fighters" are considered UFOs, again being something identified, not just a rock band led by David Ghrol.

Since I started out FFXI as a Taru and couldn't really settle on what I wanted him to be, I called him Foobar, which was also inspired by the FFTA soldier unit I obtained with a similar name. I thought it sounded pretty good on a Tarutaru.

Comment

We went through all the orcs in La'Vaule. 1 was killed about 45 minutes before we got into the zone. By the time we took down the others, it was back up again. The repops are all around 4 hours I think.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Has the persuit of these NMs been pretty tame or aggressive? Four hour repops seem steep if the NMs have become popular to hunt. I really want that quadav barbut from the Adamanking BC, its soo sexy.

Comment

When we went about 2 weeks ago there was almost no competition. I missed a run last week but it didn't seem like an issue then either. The important thing is to make sure the same person gets all 8 pop items for the BC.

We may be trying one of the other forts tonight. I'll post later how it turns out if we do.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Working...
                    X