Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Likes/Dislikes about the Sept 8th update.

Got it all in my profile. Im her childhood friend, she quit the game recently (August 31st), and I assumed full control of her character. I played her character off and on over the course of her career in FFXI, so I am very familiar with the game. I am the one who leveled 80% of her Corsair, which may explain why she was very...not good at it lol. But yeah, she is spending half a year (6 months) in the Phillippines with her family trying to get them established since they are losing their homes or something. So she told me she will be quitting the world of Vanadiel, and I can take care of her character.

As far as Dragoon goes. I can't get enough of it. Not sure if we talked much prior, I know i've spoken to you before, when I was leveling the character's Scholar through Caedarva Mire. I just got 5 levels today, 52-57 on straight Colibri and it was awesome. Although I know even though all the gear I will have waiting for me (Barone,Thalassocrat,Pahluwahn,Hecatomb,etc) It won't matter to any endgame linkshells on odin, apparantly they aren't very fond of pet jobs.

Don't worry, she is fine, if you ever need to contact her just give me a holler I have her contact information.

Nice to meet you

The most precious possession that ever comes To a man in this world
    Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Tek(Selphiie) View Post
      Got it all in my profile. Im her childhood friend, she quit the game recently (August 31st), and I assumed full control of her character. I played her character off and on over the course of her career in FFXI, so I am very familiar with the game. I am the one who leveled 80% of her Corsair, which may explain why she was very...not good at it lol. But yeah, she is spending half a year (6 months) in the Phillippines with her family trying to get them established since they are losing their homes or something. So she told me she will be quitting the world of Vanadiel, and I can take care of her character.

As far as Dragoon goes. I can't get enough of it. Not sure if we talked much prior, I know i've spoken to you before, when I was leveling the character's Scholar through Caedarva Mire. I just got 5 levels today, 52-57 on straight Colibri and it was awesome. Although I know even though all the gear I will have waiting for me (Barone,Thalassocrat,Pahluwahn,Hecatomb,etc) It won't matter to any endgame linkshells on odin, apparantly they aren't very fond of pet jobs.

Don't worry, she is fine, if you ever need to contact her just give me a holler I have her contact information.

Nice to meet you
      You just explained everything I had been curious about. There will be no problems between us

Comment

Last edited by Boldfinger; 12-21-2023, 06:37 PM.
        It's too orangey for crows, it's just for me and my dog...

Originally posted by sevenpointflaw
        Momma used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Now she says, "If you don't have anything nice to say, go post in Killing Ifrit."

Comment

Everything you were curious about? lol

But yes thats good. I try my best not to make enemies. I strive to be everyones friend, but the world isnt perfect and no matter how nice and polite you are, there will still be people who dislike you.

But back on topic -ahem-

I enjoyed the update. Level Sync has been a godsend for me since I have been leveling Dragoon (Since lvl sync partys have been the only party invites i can get). I have gotten above 50, so i can seek for leven sync above 50+ Because I am just in love with Penta Thrust. Only thing I didn't quite enjoy was having leveled 42-52 in one party and it was a level 37~ish party, so I did not get any Polearm skill ups, so once we disbanded when I was level 52 my polearm was so underskilled I didn't even have penta thrust, so I had to go back and skill that up and that was pretty painful.

Not gonna hop into Dynamis just yet, want to focus on finishing, and capping Dragoon at 75 with merits, and hopefully find a LS that will accept the fact that I would like to play Dragoon.

I had someone tell me recently that in endgame they only really invite one Dragoon to anything, and that is for Angon, sort of how they only need one THF for TH. Not sure if that is just that person's opinion, or if I just should give up hope of seeing Dragoon in endgame and just get whored out for Corsair. (Because she gave away her manteel and sold all her bard gear to keep me from being forced into the Bard-Only life).

Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Sorry if I missed this posted earlier or in another post, but the Armor Sync is seriously broken now. I was doing CoP last night, and I went as drk, and my armor stats were....just wrong..

An example is, My gloves gives +11 Str, -6 Dex, -6 Agi, after it dropped to lvl 40, I had +1 Str, -6 Dex, -6 Agi, Now that is seriously Broken imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Boldfinger View Post
              Can anyone please tell me if the likes of SMN & WHM buffs have been changed in the update to campaign? It would be much appreciated
              Self-enhancing magic is now worth 1 XP per cast (including hitting yourself with AoE buffs). Enhancing others with magic is worth 5 XP times the number of people it hits.
              Ellipses on Fenrir
              There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
              . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Phanex View Post
                Sorry if I missed this posted earlier or in another post, but the Armor Sync is seriously broken now. I was doing CoP last night, and I went as drk, and my armor stats were....just wrong..

An example is, My gloves gives +11 Str, -6 Dex, -6 Agi, after it dropped to lvl 40, I had +1 Str, -6 Dex, -6 Agi, Now that is seriously Broken imo.
                The most Str any hand armor gives at 30 is 3, and that's only Hume RSE hands. Nothing else gives more then 2

That's not broken, that's second best. Which was the whole point of it.
                "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Only one thing I don't like about sync. I got invited to a Sync party in Rolanberry Fields [S] as a 31 BLU (Syncing to 25) so I Sneak and Invisible'd up and as I was running to the party, the leader hit the sync button and wiped my shadows, sneak, and invisible. I started to get kinda miffed but then I thought "Well, at least I wasn't running in front of that Goobbue Farmer that was walking around outside."
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                    The most Str any hand armor gives at 30 is 3, and that's only Hume RSE hands. Nothing else gives more then 2

That's not broken, that's second best. Which was the whole point of it.
                    Wouldn't it have made a perfectly fine second-string item if the DEX and AGI penalties were reduced to -1 as well?

That's the thing about Sync and level cap; previously, being capped meant simply being stripped of whatever level-inappropriate gear you had, forcing you to scramble for gear right for that level. Now, instead of being auto-stripped, they give you the choice of keeping the gear you have... which wound up being limited so harshly, you'd have been better off just going naked--which is really no choice at all. So, back to square one, you're looking for level-appropriate gear.

Instead of alleviating a player's dis-inclination to capped events, they only exaggerated it.

Comment

Or just take off the gigas bracelets for something that's useful on more then just WS?
                      "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                        Only one thing I don't like about sync. I got invited to a Sync party in Rolanberry Fields [s] as a 31 BLU (Syncing to 25) so I Sneak and Invisible'd up and as I was running to the party, the leader hit the sync button and wiped my shadows, sneak, and invisible. I started to get kinda miffed but then I thought "Well, at least I wasn't running in front of that Goobbue Farmer that was walking around outside."
                        I had the same problem in a party in Crawler's Nest. I was not as fortunate as you though....lol.

In the middle of a pit of Rumble Crawlers and Level Sync gets activated, my party is in the tunnel, and they just see me go "Oh...shi-"

Selphiie was defeated by the Rumble Crawler

Is a woman's heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Phanex View Post

The armor scaling is for convenience with doing casual stuff. CoP is not so casual. CoP is challenging enough that players should still grab at least a handful of level appropriate gear. Same goes for most BCNMs.
                          Lyonheart
                          lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                          Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                          Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                          Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                          Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                          Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                          Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

That's the thing about Sync and level cap; previously, being capped meant simply being stripped of whatever level-inappropriate gear you had, forcing you to scramble for gear right for that level. Now, instead of being auto-stripped, they give you the choice of keeping the gear you have... which wound up being limited so harshly, you'd have been better off just going naked--which is really no choice at all. So, back to square one, you're looking for level-appropriate gear.
                            Certainly not true. Since day 1 people have been ripping into SE because they expect to get HQ stats for free (which they should've known wouldn't be the case), because they look at the gear in a vacuum instead of comparing it to what's available at that level (perfect example right there, "oh snap I lost 10 STR that's horrible), because they don't understand how capping works or just because they like hating for no apparent reason.

The stats granted by sync'd gear is equivalent to what you can get through NQ crafted/CP, non-NM/BCNM-only gear, which is quite acceptable. In some cases, the stats gained end up being superior to what you could get through normal gear, as a result of higher level gear giving various stats that aren't available together in low level gear. For example, in the Level Sync thread BBQ posted the numbers for his SCH gear in Promyvion and SCH gear's defense gets capped at the same level as Studded armor which SCH can't even wear, and has the same defense as Iron Chainmail. AF head gave +15 MP like a Silver Hairpin without the -10 HP that a Silver Hairpin would give, plus 11 Defense like Studded Bandana (vs Seer's 4) and +1 out of 4 INT (vs Seer's 2.) Clearly a superior piece to anything available. My Dusk Gloves give me 3 Attack like Royal Footman's Gloves in Promy BUT with the same Defense as Eisenhentzes AND +12 HP. And no reduced running speed.

This isn't aimed specifically at you BP but seriously, people should research this stuff before going all "BAWWWW" and spreading the news that the system fails. There isn't that much gear with serious -Stats. Just don't wear it. By jumping the gun and spreading rumors that capped gear is broken, people will ruin it for those who know better and planned to use their high level gear out of convenience, effectively cockblocking me the same way SE supposedly did the players in general.

Even for CoP I challenge the assertion that level capped gear is necessary. Having the right jobs, the right meds, the right strategy, and a sufficiently high IQ have far more of an impact than gear, ESPECIALLY when capped, because you don't have insane gear disparities like you have at 75 (big difference between a pimped out 75 and a freshly-dinged, AH 75.) If you're a NIN/MNK/SAM you would want to take your Emperor's Hairpin/O-Kote/Fuma Kyahan because those pieces are practically broken compared to even the best gear at those levels, but that's about it.
                            Last edited by Armando; 09-18-2008, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Armando's post is why we need a Thanks!x5 button.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                                Even for CoP I challenge that assertion that level capped gear is necessary. Having the right jobs, the right meds, the right strategy, and a sufficiently high IQ have far more of an impact than gear, ESPECIALLY when capped, because you don't have insane gear disparities like you have at 75 (big difference between a pimped out 75 and a freshly-dinged, AH 75.) If you're a NIN/MNK/SAM you would want to take your Emperor's Hairpin/O-Kote/Fuma Kyahan because those pieces are practically broken compared to even the best gear at those levels, but that's about it.
                                This sounds very good on paper, but truth is competent players who (theorically) don't require good gear to compensate are very rare. Or I just had really bad luck with pickup/ls parties. /shrug

Also, negative stats should be scaled down the same as positive. And when positive stats are completely negated then negative should be negated too so you would only get the defense from that piece of gear.
                                sigpic
                                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                                X