Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 7 years of playing, would you do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 7 years of playing, would you do this?

After playing this game for 7 years, I started on Ramuh server as an Elvaan. I deleted my Elvaan at Lv40 to make a Galka. I then deleted my Lv30 Galka and made a Mithra. My friends decided to switch servers so I deleted that character and made a Taru on Midgardsormr. At Lv50, I got frustrated with G1 and deleted my character. I remade a Hume and proceeded to lvl to around Lv40. I then decided I was going to level up Black Mage and I was going to return to my Taru so that I could "be the best". I have been with my taru ever since.... UNTIL TODAY!!!

For the last 4 months, everytime I got online I hated being a taru. I hit 75 on BLM and retired it and I never wanted to play it. So I went melee. I thus hit 65SAM 75MNK 62DRG 69PLD ... I loved my job lvls but I hated the crap damage I would do even with the best gear. I never felt... BALANCED!

So my brother and I talked it over last night... and I finally did it! I gave all my gear my brother and I deleted SPAZZ THE TARU!!!! From hence forth, I shall be SPAZZ THE HUME!!!!

NOW... keeping in mind all the god gear, AF2, all my jobs were Lv21+, sky acess, etc . . . THE WORKS. Would you be able to start over fresh with a new character? Everyone Ive talked to said "HELL NO!". So either im crazy or just bored lol.
    ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Re: After 7 years of playing, would you do this?

No, I worked too hard to get my chars where they are. It's just too easy to add a mule, pretty much everyone needs them for storage anyways, and you can experience the whole spectrum without starting over. I have a mule in every race but Galka (and creating one of them as soon as I get the urge to try) so if I get the itch to play a different race/job combination I have a character already created to do so.
    I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
    -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
    http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Spazz View Post
      NOW... keeping in mind all the god gear, AF2, all my jobs were Lv21+, sky acess, etc . . . THE WORKS. Would you be able to start over fresh with a new character? Everyone Ive talked to said "HELL NO!". So either im crazy or just bored lol.
      I've done it a few times....6 in fact. It just takes time and patience. I think the patience part is what some people have the problem with. LOL
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I acctually did that, I didnt go as far as deleting my character, but I did create a mithra thf on a different server, It was fun as hell starting from scratch again, Currently she is a lvl 57 THF/37NIN and climbing, (well at least for the next week when I officially retire from ffxi).

sig courtesy tgm
        retired -08

Comment

Absolutely not. Mostly I just don't want to go through that shit again, but also the memories. Starting over on a new character I could maybe understand, but trying to replace feba would be like trying to replace a pet. Sure, you can buy a new one, but I WANT SCRUFFY BACK GODDAMMIT MOM WHY CAN'T WE HAVE HIM BACK.

Comment

I wouldn't do that, because I know that race doesn't matter except for HP and MP.

If you did shitty melee damage on your Taru it's because you sucked, your gear wasn't good like you say it is, or it was all in your head and you should've used a parser. I'm going with the last one because it's really goddamned hard to fail at damage when you're a MNK with good gear.
            Last edited by Armando; 08-23-2008, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Yeah... I would never delete any non-mule. Much better to just cancel the content I.D.
              Originally posted by Ellipses
              Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
              Originally posted by MCLV
              A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
              More Sig:

Comment

It it wasnt so much that my damage sucked ... its just the fact that no matter what I did, as a taru MNK your always compared to other MNKs regardless of race. My brother, who is a fully merited MNK, the difference in damage between he and I was about MAYBE 100-150. So in comparison to that, I wasnt terrible. But at the same time, I wasnt on par with what I wanted. And since I was a full time MNK, SAM, DRG, and PLD... all those small things like base stats can always help. =)
                ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

I will never delete Aks. She dies with me.

I did get a second account to play though, for when I'm just bored or lfp on Aks. Going through CoP again will be hell .... ; ;
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Gonna agree with Armando. Besides, I've seen plenty of taru DD do crazy damage, so I am not inclined to believe that being a taru makes you a subpar DD.

Being a taru Pld might make tanking spiders interesting for a few levels, but that's about it and even then you'd probably be overhunting.

Yes... I am Vyuru, hear me purr!
                    Last edited by Vyuru; 08-23-2008, 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

The difference base stats make is laughable and unparsable. It's by far the factor with the least weight in your performance. I still find it silly to delete your character because you're not "where you want to be," since all the time you'll now have to spend getting back those job levels, missions, quests, and gear, could've gone towards advancing your Taru character with gear and merits to give you much higher performance than what catching up to your Taru character on your new Hume will give.

Comment

If you really have the urge to try another race all you need to do is buy another content ID and level a new character from scratch (without deleting the first one). There's simply no reason to delete a character you've invested so much time and effort on just because you want to try something new.

Unless of course that extra buck a month really affects your economy, in which case you should stop playing and focus on other more important issues.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Yes Spazz, you're insane.
                          PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                          Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                          WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                          Currently Playing:
                          FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I tried leveling a new character on a different server, but I couldn't make it to past level 37. So I ended up transfering my character (Omecle 75PLD, 75WAR, taru btw) and have not looked back since. I hated playing him when I came back from break (reason I made a new character) but now I realise I absolutely love him and there's been so much hard work put into him that I'd rather advance him than start over again.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Comment

Originally posted by Spazz View Post
                              It it wasnt so much that my damage sucked ... its just the fact that no matter what I did, as a taru MNK your always compared to other MNKs regardless of race.
                              I agree 100%. People still have an attitude towards taru dd or tanks. It's one of the reasons I don't even bother to level dd or tank jobs on my tarus anymore.

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post

Yes... I am Vyuru, hear me purr!
                              /em scratches Vyuru between the ears!
                              Originally posted by Feba
                              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                              Originally posted by Taskmage
                              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                              Originally posted by DakAttack
                              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X