Is it time to quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to quit?

I have been dealing with SE for the past 3 months now in attempts to get my compromised account back. I have sent in 2 notary forms so far as well as contacting their "Service and support" on their website.

I have just now got done talking to them "Praying" I could finally have my account back and the reply I get is "it is still under investigation" or "There is no ETA on when you will get it back". I have about had it past the moon at this point. Do any of you have any suggestions on what I can do at this point? I have provided them with EVERYTHING to prove it is me who owns the account up to Every expansion reg code, and even the forms I sent in. Still they are not giving it back to me. I fear this is my que to quit the game.

Re: Is it time to quit?

It is. Get out while you still can!
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

It sounds like they're working on it. Personally, I'd say yes, and if you ever hear back from them, great. If not, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
        It sounds like they're working on it. Personally, I'd say yes, and if you ever hear back from them, great. If not, oh well.
        Working on it? really how hard could it be for them to just give it back to me, I dont care if they dont catch who did it I just want my account back T-T

Comment

My friend is going through the same thing, he is on a queue list, that's why its taking so long, they say.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
            My friend is going through the same thing, he is on a queue list, that's why its taking so long, they say.
            Forgive me for asking this, but what type of queue list is he on? If it is to determine which account to investigate next........ I really hope those 1000's of people where not included before they started......

Can you ask your friend for me if he thinks it seems at all like they are going to give it back in the end?

Comment

If people go through all this just to get a password back.. then SE really needs to rethink their customer service... again.
              signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

It's even worse when you get you identity stolen in RL. My advice is forget about FFXI for now and play or do something else. Then check back every couple of weeks.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Well I have a 73BLM Mithra I can still use that I have been lvling since I lost mine, I am doing CoP and ZM with her and stuff...... but its not the same starting over is such a problem sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphiera View Post
                    but its not the same starting over is such a problem sometimes.
                    Sadly this is true. I'm still waiting after three years for a character restoration and see no signs of it ever happening. S-E have quite possibly the worst customer service I have ever come across and I've encountered many bad examples.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                      Sadly this is true. I'm still waiting after three years for a character restoration and see no signs of it ever happening. S-E have quite possibly the worst customer service I have ever come across and I've encountered many bad examples.
                      Wow 3 years? and yeah their customer service does suck, when I asked them to speak to a manager he's like "no you cant b/c your account is still under investigation" I was like "thats a lie" I mean really..... but right after I said that he closed the chat window what a prick.

Comment

I have a few friends who waited 5 months, 2 have quit and 1 is still waiting. I am going to quit as well but not on the same reasoning as yourself. (Ive had enough of SE's blatant over-sights and douchbaggary in almost every aspect of this game.)

My advice just quit. Otherwise your just supporting the company who fucked you around. (not to mention you probably just supported a little korean or chinese organization that SE got rid of earlier in the year and just repurchased a copy of the game lolSE they fucking suck)

sig courtesy tgm
                        retired -08

Comment

Originally posted by MrMageo View Post
                          I have a few friends who waited 5 months, 2 have quit and 1 is still waiting. I am going to quit as well but not on the same reasoning as yourself. (Ive had enough of SE's blatant over-sights and douchbaggary in almost every aspect of this game.)

My advice just quit. Otherwise your just supporting the company who fucked you around. (not to mention you probably just supported a little korean or chinese organization that SE got rid of earlier in the year and just repurchased a copy of the game lolSE they fucking suck)
                          Well my character account is frozen so no one can log into it. I am still playing FFXI since my husband still plays but I have devoted myself the past few days to PW (Perfect world) its only in beta atm, its not a bad game at all pretty fun actually. You can have flying mounts, and if your an elf you can fly at lvl 1 its really awesome.

Try it out if you want Click Here

Comment

My roomy waited 6 months before he finaly got his back. The reason it took so long was that it was banned while it was compromised. They will tell you this, so if they haven't told you that, then you shouldn't have to wait that long.

He just went out and bought a copy for his 360 and now he has a 75 whm to play with his 75 nin. He is having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Phanex View Post
                              My roomy waited 6 months before he finaly got his back. The reason it took so long was that it was banned while it was compromised. They will tell you this, so if they haven't told you that, then you shouldn't have to wait that long.

He just went out and bought a copy for his 360 and now he has a 75 whm to play with his 75 nin. He is having fun.
                              When they give it back do you have to go to them? or do they really email you like the one POL person told me. I'm just wondering how they get in contact with you to give it back.

Comment

Working...
                              X