Sad days for me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad days for me...

If you play on Midgardsormr, then you may have seen me around, Nirok Mithra, i have 3 75's a 66 and a 62, 54 and 44.... but recently i was hacked... of course SE wont do anything about it so say Goodbye to the [cat] [woman] of midgard =( RMT moved my character to phoenix server and i couldnt do anything to stop them, SE says i dont have enough info to prove shes mine. If you play on phoenix and see Nirok doing RMT activities im sorry, feel free to report, its definitely not me. Goodbye all. 4 years of work down the toilet. I might re-make a new account but im very upset, if you knew me or were on m friend list any support is appreciated.

Re: Sad days for me...

do u know all your info? reg codes, cc numbers, address you registered with? if you have everything you -should- have, then you should be ok.

was there something you couldnt answer?
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

You should be able to get your character back if you have all the details, you should even get your gear back if you know the date it happened, you can ask them to restore your character back to an earlier date when its recovered.

It can take a little time since SE have to be sure you are the rightful owner and aren't trying to steal it from someone else but be persistent and you should be able to get your character recovered. Someone in my LS went through the same problem a few month ago.

Comment

We have had two people hacked in the last month. Both members not only got the account locked from the RMT who we could see using it but also got there characters rolled back to the time they last played.

Grantius on Sylph server took him, I admit 2 weeks and few days to do this. We had to report the RMT via Grantius on the phone with me to a GM in game cause it was the weekend. After the account was locked and he called them that Monday to verify it was him and yes all of his stuff was gone. He then went through the process that is in place now with SE and his character was "rolled back", thats there word for it and all items where returned. Same thing is happening with another guy in the ls named Goat. We got the char back now he is just waiting on the recovery of the character back to last day he played it.

The questions they ask to have the character locked are nothing to do with billing so you can do that step with anyone in game and a GM. To get the character turned back on you have to talk to SE on the phone. I have done this twice now since they put the new things in place and for sure does work. Grantius was even from Whales and I am in the USA.. we had to go through his GM for that region but it can be done and they where amazing nice about the whole thing from beginning to end.

This time I have to hand it Square, they can save you and that very least lock the account until you can find w/e information your missing.
        sigpic
        "Square Music for a Round World"
        Final Fantasy Radio

Comment

My sister had a friend who's account was stolen and they are in the process of restoring it(and yes I play on Midgardsomr). It was also a shared acount and the silly RMTs deleted the second charater!

I haven't heard from my sister's friend but she'll probably get everything back....as for me I never really log in to the PC client so the RMTs haven't gotten to me. I also added a ton of security to firefox so that'll stop most stuff too...hopefully...

Go back to SE and talk to them and straighten this whole mess out...
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

I can say from personal experience that as long as you have at least 4 of 6 pieces of your information, you can get it back.

FFXI Registration Code
            CC Number
            Billing Address
            Name
            DOB
            Email Address

If you have 4 out of the above 6 they'll usually help you out with no issues. If you have less than 4, you've got a problem from what I've heard.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
            SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

To get the account locked by a in game GM, you only need information about the character, like job, place he was, etc. All the billing and software stuff comes when your on the phone. Now thats just from experience with the two ppl from ls in the last few weeks, the questions they asked where pretty simple. Get a GM and stop that person first so you have some peace of mind.

What's the appropriate punishment for convicted hackers, a 21-month suspended sentence including 30 hours of community service, death, or something worse?

The experts Tierney interviewed weren't sure that any punishment could fit the crime, but they had several suggestions: "Make the hacker spend 16 hours a day fielding help-desk inquiries in an AOL chat room for computer novices," Tierney writes. "Force him to do this with a user name at least as uncool as KoolDude and to work on a vintage IBM PC with a 2400-baud dial-up connection. Most painful of all for any geek, make him use Windows 95 for the rest of his life."
              sigpic
              "Square Music for a Round World"
              Final Fantasy Radio

Comment

I had the info, My registration Code, DOB, etc, everything. All they needed was a second credit card number that I first had payed with her on. It expired 2 years ago and i chopped it up, there was no way to tell them that number. because of that, they refused to help. Just a warning of advice, Change your password often... Also thanks for your help. I'll keep trying back on them, but I'm not sure if they will do much.

Comment

2nd cc number?! geez, that sounds like a stretch... sorry to hear that.

perhaps, if you can go back through your old statements, you might be able to find it.
                  Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                  ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Oh man! That's really harsh. Have a good thinking session, see if you can remember all your details, forage round for anything you may have missed or thought was lost. Good luck and I hope it all works out in the end!
                    Last edited by Messia; 06-12-2008, 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Yeah your bank should be able to help you with the 2nd credit card number.

It's funny though that when a friend of mine's account was hacked, he had all the info plus his credit card he used prior to one he used while hacked. They said they didn't keep records like that.

Of course this was back in december, they might have changed a few things since then. But my Friend is still waiting for his character to be returned. They proved it was his account, but since it was "banned" while it was hacked, they are in the process of proving it wasn't him that got his account banned. He's been waiting for a little over 2months for them to figure that one out.

But don't give up, keep calling till you find someone there more sympathic to ya, you never know.

Comment

Wasn't there some kind of list of helpful/not helpful SE costumer support employees somewhere around the internetz?

That could come in handy for stuff like this.
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                        X