What is your main job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your main job?

Summoner is my main, though I'll soon be working on getting PLD to 75.

Otherwise that earring I got from Divine Might is just a waste of space.

Comment

C'mon now, should you even need to ask this of me?

Dragoon was the very reason I started playing FFXI, and it's the job I always go to whenever I need to do some slaying.
      Last edited by LilithAngel; 06-01-2008, 07:40 AM. Reason: I mean srsly, just pay attention to my Sloganizer...

Comment

I'm all about barding
        BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
        Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

I'm a White Mage. When I started the game, I thought I was going to be a career Black Mage. I took WHM to 20 to start, then went to 40 with BLM before going back, thinking that I'd "just get the sub over with". Ha ha, the joke was on me - I fell in love with WHM. The real turning point was learning Regen on Qufim. It opened up my eyes to a whole new strategy for support and healing that wasn't solely based on the constant dropping of curebombs.

These days (I'm lvl 73),I still enjoy the challenge of supporting a party: prioritizing actions, balancing overall efficiency vs immediate need, using creative solutions, and generally being completely unnoticed and unappreciated for my efforts! >< I can't wait to explore my role more, in different settings, and as a 75 with merits.

Pteryx, it's funny you should mention Reposing Imps, because my first successful cast was a momentous White Mage occasion for me, too. I'd attempted to Repose them in exp a couple times since level 68 or so, and been only met with resounding failure. When it finally stuck, I think I was level 71 or 72, and (expecting moar phail) I had only attempted it cos our RDM's sleep failed. When I saw "The Heraldic Imp is asleep" in my log, it was a very pleasant surprise. :D
          Nibblonian: "You are the last hope of the universe."
          Fry: "So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?"
          Nibblonian: "Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock."'

Sisqi ~Fairy~WHM 75
          PLD 60 RDM 54 BLM 48

Comment

I think by now it's beyond obvious that even though Pld and Blu are also endgame focuses for me, I'll always be a Red Mage through and through.

It's always my de-facto job when doing any sort of events, and always the first in my mind when it comes to collecting gear. It dictates what actually gets collected into my inventory slots and what gets opted out for gear that wouldn't fit into the equation in the long term.

Hyrist will forever be a Red Mage first.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Beastmaster........... hands down.

|| 75 Warrior || 75 Black Mage || 75 Bard || 75 Beastmaster || 75 Red Mage ||

Comment

It used to be RNG, and somewhere deep in my heart I still love that job (my first to 75). However, thinking about this carefully the job I come when I actually get people to say "Come what you want" anymore is BLU. I put a lot of time into that job farming all the spells, building gearsets, etc. Hell, it was BLU that got me off my butt to finish CoP. I enjoy the versatility of it more than anything. (That's my BLU in the siggy btw, next to Lago and his head that's 3x the size of mine >_>)

Not that I get to come BLU much. People find out I have NIN or BLM and I get roped into those jobs more often than not. Not that I don't ENJOY those jobs, but getting locked into them is tiresome at times.
                sigpic
                Mains: 75 RNG/MNK/BLM/BLU/NIN/SAM/BRD
                Proud Sackholder: Celestial Guardians, Legacy of Old

Comment

Originally posted by Andrinor View Post
                  It used to be RNG, and somewhere deep in my heart I still love that job (my first to 75). However, thinking about this carefully the job I come when I actually get people to say "Come what you want" anymore is BLU. I put a lot of time into that job farming all the spells, building gearsets, etc. Hell, it was BLU that got me off my butt to finish CoP. I enjoy the versatility of it more than anything. (That's my BLU in the siggy btw, next to Lago and his head that's 3x the size of mine >_>)

Not that I get to come BLU much. People find out I have NIN or BLM and I get roped into those jobs more often than not. Not that I don't ENJOY those jobs, but getting locked into them is tiresome at times.
                  /em does a double take.

It's Andi!
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Hey, if my head wasn't that big, where would I keep my ego? I think it's obvious there's no room in my pants.
                    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Yeah, I wandered over here looking for relatively intelligent posting without elitist nonsense. Haven't posted much yet though >_>

And Lago: The answer is in your Hat +1
                      sigpic

Comment

never really liked any 1 job all that much. i come as whats needed. usually its rng but more so cor now.
                        Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                        ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I'm the only bard on the forum?
                          BRD 75 WHM 44 RDM 20 NIN 23 WAR 20 THF 16

Score: Maat 3 Prons 1
                          Bard Maat Masher: Shiva Record Holder, 4 minutes, 47 seconds.

Comment

I'm the only bard on the forum?
                            lol, no.

I love Bard, I love all that it has to do, and I loved exping it. I haven't managed to find a job I've liked as much (though I've really been warming to DRG and DNC). So for me, Bard it definitely my main.
                            Originally Posted by Neosutra
                            Jesus Christ guys, no one will get banned from this Salvage dupe. It isnt trackable, it isnt traceable, and you dont alter any game mechanics to do it. Anyone thinking people will get banned is a fucking moron.
                            Bard 75 ~ Bard Relic: 4/5 ~ Windy Rank 10

Comment

currently taking Bard to 75, I it as well.

Everyone loves a {Bard}
                              | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                              2/5 WAR +2
                              Farsha(85)

Comment

Originally posted by Iarendiel View Post
                                lol, no.

I love Bard, I love all that it has to do, and I loved exping it. I haven't managed to find a job I've liked as much (though I've really been warming to DRG and DNC). So for me, Bard it definitely my main.
                                Transfer to my server please. I have no less than 4 75BRDs in my LS who for the most part REFUSE to XP on it lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X