What is your main job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your main job?

I actually don't think I've seen one of these polls, and I like statistics and such.

I know a lot of us have more than one job, but when you get to be on your job of choice, the one you love above all the others, which is it? I know what jobs a lot of you have but some of you, I really don't. I know it's hard to decide for some of us who have a lot of jobs which one is the best, but I think pretty much everyone has that one job they truly enjoy more than any others.

My main is WHM, started as RDM and I thought I'd be RDM main forever, but I just love WHM. I can't explain it, I just do.

Warrior
    4.58%
    Monk
    6.67%
    White Mage
    10.00%
    Black Mage
    6.67%
    Red Mage
    15.83%
    Thief
    5.83%
    Paladin
    5.83%
    Dark Knight
    5.42%
    Beastmaster
    3.75%
    Bard
    3.33%
    Ranger
    2.08%
    Samurai
    2.92%
    Ninja
    1.25%
    Dragoon
    6.25%
    Summoner
    5.42%
    Blue Mage
    4.17%
    Corsair
    2.50%
    Puppetmaster
    4.17%
    Scholar
    2.08%
    Dancer
    1.25%
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: What is your main job?

I don't have one these days. I honestly don't know what my job is in FFXI.

Comment

Pld even tho I'm always on brd or war
      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I see Feba chose Dragoon.

From now on, I think it's well within anyone's rights to say "lolfeba"
        sigpic
        ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
        ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
        ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
        ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Mhm. I love the job in many ways, but I didn't play it too much. Always wanted to go back and spend more time with it, though.

Functionally, my main job was BLM. BLM/WHM was just the most useful thing I had; even though by the end the only thing I kept was AF.

Comment

Definately ninja for me right from the very moment I unlocked it. So much so that I'm contemplating taking paladin to 75 again on my EU account to fund my ninja levelling all over again.

Comment

I have two mains...a 75 Thief and a lvl 60 summoner. I'm working on both abit...
              Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
              (have fun MMO players ^^)
              Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Well this is a loaded question! Now is that the main job that my ls says I love or the one I actually love? LOLOLOLOL
                Originally posted by Feba
                But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                Originally posted by Taskmage
                God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                Originally posted by DakAttack
                ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Black mage. Been my main job for a looooong time and still is.
                  ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Blm is my main. I like my Rdm too, but Blm will always be my main.
                    sigpic

Comment

At the moment, I have two jobs I'd consider "mains": Red Mage and White Mage. I considered WHM more like a horribly, horribly overlevelled sub for a long time, though; even Blessed gear and a Noble's Tunic didn't make me feel like it was a main. I think, in the end, it was being able to consistently Repose Imps that did it; that's a capability that said to me decisively that I can do things on my WHM72 (at the time) that I can't do on my RDM75. (This despite Regen III, which I milk for all it's worth, and Raise III...) -- Pteryx

Comment

I have to say my main is DRG although I am rarely on it since it was my first love in this game and I still love it. I play WHM and SAM and SCH 99% of the time, but I love DRG more than any of them.
                        Life is all about decisions. It is the decisions you make in life that shape you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                          I see Feba chose Dragoon.

From now on, I think it's well within anyone's rights to say "lolfeba"
                          Wasn't it always?

For me, personally, I can't answer the poll. When I started this game I chose War, I got that to 7 then switched to thf. Got that to 17 then went back to War, got that to 16 then went back to Thf, and this back and forth kept continuing on and one. Stopping at every 'milestone' 30, 50, 60, 70, getting the best gear I could for each job along the way and when I finally went after Maat I did so twice in one night, two hours apart and the next night(it was 3:30 am by the time I was done and I had work the next day ) I dinged 71 on both jobs.

So to answer you're question, I am a War and I am a Thf.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I've liked basically every job I've tried. If I just went with my gut all the time, I'd end up leveling everything in tandem and at random. That's what happened last time around, and it was fun, but this time I'm trying to focus on one job and see how I like that. Which means I haven't touched it yet at all. Subs first.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

Hmm, I'm about to return after a 3 year break. When I played earlier, my desire sort of bounced around between DRK(64) and THF(61). I'm not sure which one I'm going to concentrate on first when I fire up the game this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X