FFXI crashing after emergency maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI crashing after emergency maintenance

Hello all, today i noticed that all servers were under emergency maintenance. I wasn't too pleased, but i thought i would happen. Anyway, after searching the wealth of knowledge on here, I couldn't find a resolution. My problem is this: after the opening sequence occurs, and i have selected my char, the screen goes black as usual. However, 2-3 seconds into it, POL crashes and shuts down, with an Error Report prompt. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: FFXI crashing after emergency maintenance

First thing to do is to check to see if you've got corrupted files. From the POL Viewer, use the Check Files function to have it re-scan all your files and make sure they're not messed up. If any are, it should re-download and correct them.

P.S. Are you using Windows Vista?

Icemage

Comment

Also, if you use Windower and you have the recast plugin set to autoload, you need to go into your .init file and turn it off. Recast is broken and will crash your game.
      sigpic
      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

while conducting my research i came across the file check....use it for both POL and FF...but to no avail. I am still using windows xp. Something crossed my mind as i was researching....could my character have been corrupted? Prior to the emergency update i was in Garlaige Citadel, and then was suddenly forced to exit the game. Sorry for not having mentioned that earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Renton View Post
          while conducting my research i came across the file check....use it for both POL and FF...but to no avail. I am still using windows xp. Something crossed my mind as i was researching....could my character have been corrupted? Prior to the emergency update i was in Garlaige Citadel, and then was suddenly forced to exit the game. Sorry for not having mentioned that earlier.
          I've never heard of anyone actually getting character corruption from a forced exit in this fashion, but there's always a first time. Do you have alternate characters (a mule, for instance) that you can try to log in with?

Icemage

Comment

yes i just created a new char and managed to login without any problems, but i don't want to lose all the hard work and time i've put into my main char!

Comment

It sounds more likely that the graphics files got corrupt for either your specific character\gear or Garlaige Citadel. Only time I have ever heard of character corruption is when a character is zoning from one area to another during zone server restarts and they get "Lost". A GM needs to help you out then.

I suggest reinstalling the game, incase its the graphics. It will take hours, but alot faster that waiting for a GM, who will end up probably telling you to do the same thing.
              Midgard:
              75SMN\5XWHM\37BLM\37RDM\the rest 15+

WOW:
              80 PLD\80 DRU\60Mage\60 Shamen\the rest 30+

RL:
              lvl 75 - EE\CMPE\CMPSCI

Comment

Originally posted by Renton View Post
                Prior to the emergency update i was in Garlaige Citadel, and then was suddenly forced to exit the game. Sorry for not having mentioned that earlier.
                Not to sound overly harsh, but that's why they tell you to log off before the maintenance. I got 11 messages in a row before the scheduled maintenance, and at least 4 before emergency. They know it occasionally does things like this, and they're trying to minimize the problem for customer support. You can try playing right up 'til you get kicked and squeezing out that last drop of exp, but you always run the risk of things like this happening.

Since it is just the one character, try running the file check again. If it finds nothing this time around, go ahead and reinstall as suggested. The GMs can't really give you new files or take a guess at which file is corrupted, they'll probably have you reinstall anyway.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Comment

Working...
                X