Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone try to solo a Pyrodrake before ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone try to solo a Pyrodrake before ??

i want to solo a Pyrodrake by rdm , sam or blm ..... anyone can tell me which job is better and safer??
    and pls tell me how to beat it and the support job is.
    thanks

Re: anyone try to solo a Pyrodrake before ??

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Pyrodrake
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

em ...... wiki only said it can be soloed but dont know how ..... >.>;
      e.g. support job is?? the method is??
      i guess blm is sleep, nuke, sleep nuke .........
      but i how about rdm ?? ^^
      thanks

Comment

Originally posted by h5n1 View Post
        em ...... wiki only said it can be soloed but dont know how ..... >.>;
        e.g. support job is?? the method is??
        i guess blm is sleep, nuke, sleep nuke .........
        but i how about rdm ?? ^^
        thanks
        Um? Nuke sleep, nuke sleep? Or do what other RDMs do: /nin. Shadows, DoT, refresh/convert... Can't really be too difficult. Or can it?

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
        ------
        Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
        When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
          Um? Nuke sleep, nuke sleep? Or do what other RDMs do: /nin. Shadows, DoT, refresh/convert... Can't really be too difficult. Or can it?
          I tried this on BLM, and it just doesn't seem feasible. On EVs my Freeze would take off ~25% of HP at most, on Ts it could be as low as 20%. With capped Enfeebling Magic Skill, my Sleep II lasted about... 60 seconds, but it wasn't enough to get enough MP for another freeze. On Tarutaru, with Summoner or Paladin Sub, and Juice, mabye.

I did see another RDM do it quite well. It look a long time, but he was RDM/NIN with shadows, used Gravity to kite, nuke, and only sleep when we was resting.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

I tried it. They hit really hard. It's difficult to use /NIN because of their status moves, and it's difficult to use /WHM because of their hard hits. I would say that you want to use DoT Kiting, but I haven't really tried it. Get a NIN friend, go /WHM and duo them--much easier.

Comment

RDM/NIN. There is a small alcove past the first area with the with Pyrodrakes and Hippogryphs:

This is your camp/path for running back and forth. Look at the end of the tunnel and see if there is a Wyvern around the mouth of the cave. If there is, that's your first target, if not then pick the closest one nearby. Buff up with ProIII/ShellII/SS/Utsu and if you are really nervous, Aquaveil. Rest to full, cast Refresh, then pull the Wyvern with Gravity. Get to max casting distance and cast Fire II or Aero II. Either cast Sleep or Bind at this point. Get back to max casting distance and nuke again, restoring any buffs/Gravity as they wear off. Repeat until you are low on MP (no less than 19). Sleep the wyvern and move far away and Convert. Full your HP, re-sleep with Sleep II and rest to full. Return to nuking-sleep/bind until dead, resting if you need to. Always keep max casting distance between you and the wyvern. After it drops below 25% it will use a TP move (should have 100% TP by then+game mechanics kicking in). As long as you are at max casting distance, it must use Wind Wall, since you are out of range for all its other TP moves. Repeat until you have scale. Also bring RR, since its easier than having someone come out to raise you.

What I always do for a scale...takes for-freaking-ever, but it gets the job done. Hope that helps.

Seriously get a NIN friend and duo.
              sigpic
              Y'okay!

PSN: goboaj (be my friend damnit)

Comment

It's seriously a pain to do and I don't recommend doing it except to say to yourself you've done it. Honestly treat it like a Maat fight as a rdm except your lucky enough to have a couple extra shadows as /nin. Do no let the wyvern close on you.

Comment

I soloed about 12 Pyrodrakes toe-to-toe tanking trying to get Radiant Breath as BLU/NIN. I strongly suggest bringing something that can remove paralyze. On my second Pryodrake it use Radiant Breath and I couldnt do much because of paralyze. I died a horrible death.

I was killing the one at the beginning of the zone L-9 and pull them to the furthest tip near the stable displacement so I wont accidently AoE any other mobs that happen to be roaming around.

I started with sprout smack(slow), sandspin(acc down), then spamed Head Butt, and Bludgeon.
                  I buffed with Utsisemi, Metallic Body, and cocoon. Always keep Cocoon up.
                  Last edited by Losrase; 01-30-2008, 09:16 AM. Reason: Forgot to add about paralyze
                  PSN ID: Kelshan
                  Completed: F.E.A.R., Bioshock, Turok, The Darkness, Viking: Battle of Asgard, Timeshift, Folklore, Time Crisis 4, Dark Sector, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, The Orange Box, DBZ: Burst Limit, Assassin's Creed, Lair, Overlord, Fracture, Condemned 2, Legendary, BattleField Bad Company 2, Infamous, UT3, Far Cry 2, Resistance 2, Borderlands
                  Currently Playing: MW2 (Stuck in broken Phat PS3 ), Call of Juarez
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X