Famous mules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous mules?

Something popped in my head a minute ago when talking about differences between where servers host their Jeuno Bazaar malls...

On Ramuh we have something of a landmark mule, maybe more than one, but there is one that everyone knows. It's a Taru named Currypan who hangs out in Southern San d'Oria, in between the two tents across from the East Ronfaure zone. For about 5-6 years now he has sat their and sold things from the NPC vendor @ the Windurst Waters zone to West Saruta, tea leaves, oranges, etc. Little things that most people, especially Sandy leathercrafters, don't want to go all the way to Windy for. He's probably made billions over the years, though I'm not sure which JP character owns him.

He's there 24/7 except when he goes to the MH to restock, and everyone knows him, to the point where during Dynamis-San d'Oria the run leader can actually say "Move camp to Currypan tent" and everyone knows where to go.

Just curious, do you guys have famous mules like this on your servers?
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: Famous mules?

Most mules just seem to make asses of themselves.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I can't remember his name, but for all the years I played on Ifrit there was always a little Tarutaru sitting near the wooden gate/house at the entrance to Selbina. Usually wearing swimwear and/or Santa stuff. He sold food good for lvling there. Jerky, pies, etc.
      "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        Most mules just seem to make asses of themselves.
        I don't think they'd appreciate being the butt of your joke.
        Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

There was a mithra on kujata who just sat /healing near the Bas market named Fraus I think..for the past 5 years...she's been awol though

I think those kind of people are either having 2 chars..or rich as hell lol.

Comment

Queen she has been there ever since i joined Phenoix from Hydra (Xbox 360 server) she is always sat outside the South San d'Orian AH selling Pies and Jerkies
            "Death shall seek you out, If death fails, I promise you, i wont." ~ Srxjo (me)
            "My lips are stained scarlet red from my blood" ~Srxjo (me)
            "The greatest pain in this world is losing that which is closest to ones own heart" ~Srxjo (me)

Comment

For Bahamut:
              In Sandy, we have Radium (a quick search and he's not on... but I'm pretty sure that's the right name). Regardless, he camps in southern sandy on the steps leading to the MH, normally at the bottom or half way up. Usually has lots of lower-end items, but the occasional high-end item slips in there too, like an aketon or signet staff.

In Jeuno, we have Thefoodstore, who is a mule of Chewybum. Chewy is a high level cook (I want to say 95-100), and that's his main way of selling what he makes. Where he camps varies, and come to think of it, I havn't see thefoodstore on recently... but, I do remember he used to camp in Lower Jeuno, normally toward the MH where most bazaars are.

In Windurst, we have Ayapannz. Normally sells little things like fireworks and crystals. Camps right outside the MH in Windurst Woods, just before the walls.
              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Raz View Post
                There was a mithra on kujata who just sat /healing near the Bas market named Fraus I think..for the past 5 years...she's been awol though
                Ya it has been a while since I've seen that one.
                I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

In Midgars we often have a Galka in South San around the shops leading to the MH selling Noble Beds
                  Guide to pay your JP POL (Japanese Playonline) account by michaeldue here >>> http://www.ffxi-europe.com/

Kudos to michaeldue !!!

Comment

There's a Galka in WinWoods on Gilgamesh called Ubreakitubuyit who's been there for at least a year and a half now ... still gives me a chuckle every time I see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Telera View Post
                      I can't remember his name, but for all the years I played on Ifrit there was always a little Tarutaru sitting near the wooden gate/house at the entrance to Selbina. Usually wearing swimwear and/or Santa stuff. He sold food good for lvling there. Jerky, pies, etc.
                      That's Mokonyan, and he's still there. ^_^;
                      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

There were a few of them on my server, mostly in Windurst Woods by the MH entrance. One was "Itouchtarus" who's still around I believe, and the other one I can't remember for the life of me (both Galka).

The 2nd one isn't among us anymore, and never moved >. > Though my friends all joked about how I had the honor of being one of the only people to ever see him in the act of sitting down. This was unheard of you see, for he was always just sitting there in his stoic manner.

... ah memories.
                        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                          Though my friends all joked about how I had the honor of being one of the only people to ever see him in the act of sitting down. This was unheard of you see, for he was always just sitting there in his stoic manner.
                          I used to think I saw mules sitting down all the time. Then I realized the game just plays the animation every time for the first character of each race/gender it loads who's already sitting. (Or at least this happens if I run straight from login to wherever they are, or they're right there anyway. I don't know if it'd happen if I logged in and stood around for a while before scampering off toward the sitting mules.)
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

On Valefor there's a guy named Tom Nook, a brown haired Tarutaru who sits on the path in Windurst Woods that leads to the AH. The first week I played FFXI my friend bought me a Mithran Rice Cake (I think that's the name of it?) from him. ^^

There's also a girl named Iamatease and she has also been there since I first started. I saw her the day I joined and thought she was a real player, and I sent her a tell asking why she didn't come up with a name that wasn't so weird. <_<

Mules are kinda like NPCs I guess. You can always rely on them to be there. I'd feel lost without them D:

Comment

lol ive seen Mokoyan plenty of times on Ifrit.
                              Jeeze there are like 3 Mules that i somehow see everytime i log on but i forget the names. One is Princess(somethingrather)normally near AH in Windwoods on way to a general goods store and one i see at MH entrance to Windwood and also recently Bastok Markets.(forgot this ones name ill look into it tomorrow when i log on.)
                              I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
                              It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
                              We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
                              Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
                              Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
                              Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Comment

Working...
                              X