Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Jelly, In-Depth

Hello All,

I thought that fight descriptions are lacking for BCNMS. In most cases, they will tell you what jobs are good, and what they should do in the fight. However, that doesn't tell you what to expect. I hope some of you with in-depth experience of misc. BCNMS, could make threads as well. So, without further ado, please read up on the 40 BCNM Royal Jelly.

Thanks,
    Evion

Best Jobs to Take:
    1X Grav/Bind caster: Includes RDM, BLM/, or WHM/ (RDM is best)
    Useful Buffs: Shell,Protect,Phalanx,Stoneskin,Haste, Blink
    2X DD: You don't want to be missing hits... Also, having ranged attack is good because you will get bound. DRG/? , SAM/? and WAR/NIN are VERY good for this.

Here is the description of the monsters/room/BCNM.
    1. Your crew enter the BCNM and are all standing in a room together.
    2. You all buff up. This SHOULD include at least Shell,Protect, and any other basic buffs
    3. Rest to full HP/MP, you have time
    4. You all walk down a hallway to enter a large circular room. In my experience, have the RDM go first with both DDs right behind him.
    5. There will be 8 Princess Jellies in a half circle along the edge of the circular room.
    6. DO NOT PANIC. After entering the room, they will all begin to creep to the center.
    7. Your objective should be to kill them all before they get to the center and combine into one badass Royal Jelly
    8. Grav/Binder (RDM) should walk up to center of circle. There will be 4 jellies to your left/front and 4 to your right/front.
    "Example of ONE proven way to conquer this BCNM*
    9. As soon as you get to the center of the room, start grav/binding each one, starting at the jelly directly in front of you and going to the right.
    10. While the Grav/Binder is doing this the two DDs should start at the first Jelly on the left, killing them one at a time all the way to the right.
    11. DO NOT PANIC!!! They move VERY slowly and if you follow these instructions you will have no problems.
    12. The jellies will be doing very little damage with any melee or low level magic spells.
    13. The Grav/Binder can cure/regen the DDS or himself while waiting for recast.
    14. Once Grav/Binder gets all the way to the right with Grav/Binding, look around and continue to Grav/Bind each Jelly that is closest to the center.
    15. If the jellies get to close to you, it will be okay to step back out of the center.
    16. Once the fight is done, a treasure chest will appear in the center of the room. The general APPROPRIATE thing to do may be is this:

The person who's orb was used to open the BCNM should open the chest. All treasure will then drop into the PTs treasure pool. You will all now automatically zone into another room. DO NOT LEAVE THIS ROOM UNTIL ALL TREASURE HAS BEEN RECEIVED/DROPPED BY THE CORRECT PERSON. The best/fastest way to do this is for the other two PT members to pass on all the treasure and for the third to cast a lot on all the treasure. After you have received everything, its done. Hopefully you got one of the better drops!!! I'm 2/Ni and 1/Archer's out of about 8 runs.

Good Luck!!!
    Last edited by Evion; 03-25-2009, 12:00 PM.
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Royal Jelly, In-Depth

as a note. i think the jellies are elemental. some were healed by a aga spell and some were injured.

also i dont think they combine. i think they just evolve. one got to the center and became a bigger one. that hit 3 times as hard. but luckily it was at 3%ish hp already. so it died fast.

Comment

/panic
      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Thanks for the xtra info Anaki.

If anyone else can add to the elemental qualities of the jellies or any other tactics, please post!

Callisto... I don't think you read it carefully...

Thanks,
        Evion

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

Since there are 8 of them, perhaps they each are alligned to an individual element.

Edit: Found this on clopedia.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ro...lly_%28BCNM%29
          "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

It is widely though that they may change the element they absorb each time you enter the bcnm.

I have done this fight about 40 times. I have seen the queen jelly once.

We go drg/war x2 and rdm/blm. This bcnm should not take more than 5 minutes.

No buffs just run in and both drgs attack the first jelly on right while rdm gravity/binds the ones on the left. If you walk into the middle then they all will get aggro on caster instead of the caster sharing aggro with the dd's.

The only real thing that slows you down is when the jellies land bind on you multiple times. They are not like normal jellies. They don't have the resistance to melee damage.

Good luck. I have only gotten 2 archers rings from this bcnm.
            Thanks Kazuki.
            Dragoon Equipment

Comment

As RDM, with Phalanx, Stoneskin, Shell, Protect II, Blink, Regen, and everything else, you will not only be fine getting "more" aggro, but it may be better than if the DDs got it. In any case, it worked for me... Thanks for the posts guys!!!

Comment

Do you really need another guide for Royal Jelly? It's seriously brain-dead easy. Do a guide for the KSNM99's...

Comment

So you need to kill them all before they form Voltron.....
                  oh wait...

Comment

You dont even need to buff Pro and Shell, all i do is put up Stoneskin on my WHM(tanking spells), and let me two WAR friends smack on the ones on either side, while i bind the other side. If your melees are anything decent you might not even need Bind, in fact in serveral occasions i did not feel the need to cast bind on the jellies, and my WAR friends both use GAxe not Spears.

All i do is Regen, and put on 1 Haste(which should last throughout the entire battle), then Enfeeble the slimes with Silence(LOL) and DiaII. Everything else is not as useful since they die so fast. Easily done under 5 minutes.

Comment

Actually I would recommend you split up and one person take the left and one person take the right.

This way it splits up the other jelly's attention between the two players. Almost every single time I have done it where both melee start on the right or left it always winds up all the jellies cast on one person and kill them when you get down to about the last 4-5 of them.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Really? No one has even came close to dying this way of all the time I've tried... Maybe your melees were too slow or too week or too ill-equipped?

Also, the OP was less of trying to give the reader tactics, and more of trying to let them know what to expect...

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                          Actually I would recommend you split up and one person take the left and one person take the right.

This way it splits up the other jelly's attention between the two players. Almost every single time I have done it where both melee start on the right or left it always winds up all the jellies cast on one person and kill them when you get down to about the last 4-5 of them.

We do it this way so that the rdm will only have 1 person to heal.
                          Thanks Kazuki.
                          Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post

I have never seen or heard of anyone dying in a Royal Jelly accident until now. We always did it starting from the left. The attention division isn't spectacular since I'm binding and gravitying the slimes--the ones I attack attack me. The healer will end up with 3-4 slimes casting on them and the melees are basically damaged based on who has more hate.. You can't really avoid the healer aggro unless you start voking slimes.

Comment

I used to do this with a friend and some random other friend/LS person normally. Wence and I would both be drg/mage, 3rd person normally came as mage. We tried attacking the jellies from the right and working our way around, but it has been my experience that towards the end of the fight when they get into spell range of you that they will focus their attention on one person.

We tried it about 4 times like that, we had a death every time due to jellies just slamming one of us for, I think it was 500+ worth of damage from spells all at once (might be misremembering the total spell damage, but it was still alot)

Ever since then we've split up, I go right and Wence goes left and towards the end, yeah we may have a few jellies attacking each of us with spells or something, but their attention is evenly divided between us and it's not so bad.

Also, the OP was less of trying to give the reader tactics, and more of trying to let them know what to expect...
                              It'd be much more helpfull to give the readers an idea of the general tactics involved and in some cases which jobs work best. That's almost like not mentioning that you should bring a Bard to Steamed Sprouts for sleeping.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X