Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bees

Hello All,

I thought the threads were getting a little redundant and droll, so I thought I'd switch it up a little. Topic: Bees. We all know Bees as great farming mobs, especially <lv 50. Looking for item drops: Beehive Chips, Honey, Insect Wings, Giant Stinger, and Wind Crystals. (Miss any?) Anyway, question is this: Where, in your experience, are the best locations for bees in terms of available bees and drops?

I have personally had good experience with bees in the path leading to the NW corner of Pashow Marshlands, in terms of amount of bees.
    In terms of drops/bee, I find that the area just outside of the Dangruf Wadi to be the best. However, it is often full of people leveling from 6-10.

Thanks!

Evion
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Bees

Man, there are so many.

North Gustaberg's hill, there's also something else up there worth farming that I can't remember (I think onions off gobs)

Tahrongi is just an AMAZING farming spot. Yagudo necklaces, Giant Femur from Dhalmel, the mandragora cotton, quite honestly I'm surprised that in all the time I spent farming Tahrongi I never ran across anyone else doing it. You can even solo well here, I did DRG/BRD here instead of bothering with Qufim, and managed to stay on the Dhalmels long enough that I managed to go right to Khazam without that frozen hellhole. Plus, the femurs made a healthy profit in the process.

La Theine also has some benefits, there are the bees of course, there's also Mushrooms that sell well, and bat wings in the tunnels.

I personally wouldn't recommend Saruta, as there are way too many people leveling there; this normally isn't a problem in NORTH Gustaberg, but if you see someone leveling there don't be a dick and leave.

For higher levels, CN is pretty good, plus the skillups.

Comment

Feba: What level do you suggest to farm bees in CN?
      Also, FYI: When farming in the NW corner of Pashow Marshlands, there are leeches for Blood, crawlers for Silk, and some elementals for Clusters.

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

ugh, don't talk about Passhow. That place is either incredibly depressing, or you have to fight with other people to get anything.

As far as CN goes, I can't remember. I'd recommend going with a skillup group, even if it's just a few LS mates, though.

Comment

The bees in the CN link like crazy.

Comment

So, no on the CN bees then. How about drop rates? Its obvious that some bees are more likely to drop beehive chips than others. Has there been anything published as to which bees and where are the best drop %s...?

Comment

linking isn't a bad thing, you just have to be able to handle them.

Comment

I guess that would be great farming for BLM/THF dropping Thundaga III...

Comment

Not sure its been completely proven yet or not, but it seems that when you AOE kill the drop rate is reduced. It may all be in my head but it seems very possible when I've tried AOE farming in past and get crud in way of drops.
                  Midgard:
                  75SMN\5XWHM\37BLM\37RDM\the rest 15+

WOW:
                  80 PLD\80 DRU\60Mage\60 Shamen\the rest 30+

RL:
                  lvl 75 - EE\CMPE\CMPSCI

Comment

It may seem like less because you were expecting more...

Comment

konschatat is a good place too. lots of different things to farm here.

sheep, ram, bees, lizards.

if u bring some dark crystals, wind. tea leaves, water you can turn all the sheep skins you get into sheep leather. ANYONE can do this too. lv. 2 synth.

bees have a decent drop rate here too from my experience.
                      Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                      ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Agreed. Konschtat Highlands for Bees, Sheep & Rams. Bees drop beehive chips almost everytime (for me at least ^^)
                        | 90 SMN | 90 BRD | 90 BLM | 90 THF | 90 WAR |

5/5 BST +2
                        2/5 WAR +2
                        Farsha(85)

Comment

Best place for bees and bees *alone* is Giddeus. Drop rates are consistently decent here, and the bees can usually be one-shotted with any job over 40. Other decent mix is Kon{tab} Highlands.

Comment

Yeah, Giddeus is nice. Hardly anybody goes there for the bees, so there's rarely any competition (at least not that I've seen). I like Konschtat if I'm in the mood for sheep (sometimes I just don't want to craft, y'know?), but if I'm only after bees, it's no fun. The map is huge and open, which means I'd get lost even if I could remember where all the bee spawns are.
                            Ellipses on Fenrir
                            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                            . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              Man, there are so many.

North Gustaberg's hill, there's also something else up there worth farming that I can't remember (I think onions off gobs)

Tahrongi is just an AMAZING farming spot. Yagudo necklaces, Giant Femur from Dhalmel, the mandragora cotton, quite honestly I'm surprised that in all the time I spent farming Tahrongi I never ran across anyone else doing it. You can even solo well here, I did DRG/BRD here instead of bothering with Qufim, and managed to stay on the Dhalmels long enough that I managed to go right to Khazam without that frozen hellhole. Plus, the femurs made a healthy profit in the process.

La Theine also has some benefits, there are the bees of course, there's also Mushrooms that sell well, and bat wings in the tunnels.

I personally wouldn't recommend Saruta, as there are way too many people leveling there; this normally isn't a problem in NORTH Gustaberg, but if you see someone leveling there don't be a dick and leave.

For higher levels, CN is pretty good, plus the skillups.

Err, come again? Been playing since NA launch and I've yet to ever see a single bee there. Konschtat sure, but La Theine?
                              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X