Mob 2 hour usage means more XP???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mob 2 hour usage means more XP???

I've been looking over forums here and on Wiki and on KI and i can't find anything saying "if a mob uses his/hers 2 hour you will get more XP"

today while lvling dnc i had 2 rock lizards argo me by link. I beat down one and got 60 XP with XP band on and after i beat down the 2nd i got 100 XP. the only thing different on the 2nd lizzy was that it used Baeful Gaze and the 1st didn't. I didn't get a link on the 2nd so that rules out link XP reward. I've never noticed this before while i was lvling till now.

like i said I've looked at other forums and database websites and i can't find anything. If anyone has any knowledge of this please let me know also a possible resource.

Thanks

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: Mod 2 hour usage means more XP???

1) There is no modification on XP based on what TP moves a monster uses, and generally only mobs with actual names will 2hr you. Baleful Gaze is a standard lizard-type mob TP move. They can chain it if they want.

2) Odds are the XP was different because 1 was an Even Match and 1 was a Decent Challenge. Mobs with the same name can have large level differences. The second lizard was a higher level then the first, ergo you got more xp from it.

Comment

yes, it was almost certainly of a different level.

The ability a mob uses does not effect the EXP you gain (except by killing you or not), and that is not a 2 hour anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Atma View Post
        1)2) Odds are the XP was different because 1 was an Even Match and 1 was a Decent Challenge. Mobs with the same name can have large level differences.
        Both were DC I'm trying to get it to happen again so i can SS it. I'll get a shot checking it and after i KO both.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

The Rock Lizards in North/South Gustaberg are 3rd-8th level, and in Dangruf Wadi, they are 5th-8th. Empress band adds 50%, so one was a 60/1.5 = 40xp and the other, 100/1.5 = 67xp. Both of those XP states con as DC.
          Last edited by Sabaron; 11-24-2007, 06:11 AM.

Comment

DC mobs can give varying levels of XP. Again, it's a straight comparision of your level vs. it's level. A given rating (EP, DC, EM, VT, IT) can encompass anywhere between like 5-8 actual mob levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
              The Rock Lizards in North/South Gustaberg are 3th-8th level, and in Dangruf Wadi, they are 5th-8th. Empress band adds 50%, so one was a 60/1.5 = 40xp and the other was a 100/1.5 = 67xp. Both of those XP states con as DC.
              exactly.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

You must also remember that an easy prey mob may have 2-3 difficulty differences in it I have scanned 2 EP mobs of teh same mob and got different exp for each, one was harder to kill but still registered EP and i got more exp from it.

Comment

Re: Mob 2 hour usage means more XP???

Decent challenge can give up to 70 EXP, I believe, whereas Even Match will always give at least 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                    The Rock Lizards in North/South Gustaberg are 3rd-8th level, and in Dangruf Wadi, they are 5th-8th. Empress band adds 50%, so one was a 60/1.5 = 40xp and the other, 100/1.5 = 67xp. Both of those XP states con as DC.
                    Sabaron's Occam's Razor skill rises 0.3 points.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Re: Mob 2 hour usage means more XP???

Not to mention that Baleful Gaze isn't a 2 hour ability. It's just a standard Weaponskill for Lizard types.

And boy, if we started gaining XP for mobs using 2h abilities, I'd have a billion merit points from all the Dynamis mobs and CoP Wyrms...

Icemage

Comment

Working...
                      X