Powerleveling Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Powerleveling Suggestions

RNG/BST will not equal a WoW-Style Hunter class.

She'd be lucky to have access to any kind of charmable pets most of the time in EXP PTs and jug pets are useable by BST main job only.

Moreover, the Charm ability plays by its own rules, totally against the subjob system. To capably charm an even match as 75 RNG/37BST, you would have to be a level 75 BST as well. Its the only job in the game that works that way.

If you're looking for fasted-paced invites and a DD-style class, I think your best option is probably going to be COR, as it grants the satisfaction of being a damage dealer alongside being an attractive invite due to its buffing abilities. RDM and BRD are equally attractive for their support capability but both get too busy in EXP to indulge in DD. RDMs are expected to be healers, BRDs are expected to be pullers.

Comment

Re: Powerleveling Suggestions

I told her that the FFXI RNG\BST and Wow hunter are very different animals with the same reasons as you mention (though I didn't know that jug pets where main only). I think her reason for it was that BST is only sub that seems to have an ability thats maxed for its level.

I made the mistake of explaining pets class as subs don't work so well. Smn's pets are halfed level. Bst pets are same as long as the BST main job is same level as job your leveling. Pups pets Might play healer in specific situations. Now she is on a /BST kick, lol.

Though your Corsairs idea defintely sounds good. I need to do more research, afraid I got mine to 12~15 and just wasnt getting into it.
      Midgard:
      75SMN\5XWHM\37BLM\37RDM\the rest 15+

WOW:
      80 PLD\80 DRU\60Mage\60 Shamen\the rest 30+

RL:
      lvl 75 - EE\CMPE\CMPSCI

Comment

Working...
      X