X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dancer for Money/Girls?

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
    Go watch a Zorro movie and tell me he's gay >=O
    I really hate to do this, but I must: Will do!

Anyway. SE already has quite a bit of this homosexual's money. I know, anecdotal evidence doesn't make for good generalizations. Even with the dozens of other gay/bi gamers I'm friends with who also wouldn't give two shits about dancer.

Maybe they're targeting simpletons? That's about the only group I can think of that would go from not wanting to play to wanting to play based on the inclusion of one job.
    Ellipses on Fenrir
    There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
    . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
      Galka tend to look pretty cool in most of the AF
      I used to think you were cool man.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
        I don't see how you guys can't comprehend that a Dancer job could/probably be targetting female or gay people/players. Maybe it's not blatent enough. Maybe if they had a Maid, Nurse, or Mermaid job, you guys would be like WTF?! I'm not saying that men can't be dancers. In fact, I feel that male dancers are generally more sought after than female ones. The point is, there is a new target audience out there, and SE is shootin' for it... I'm out.
        You're seeing snipers where there is only a grassy knoll here. Maybe if they had made those professions playable instead of a job which has already been in four other Final Fantasy games and therefor already has a base audience in the FFXI playerbase, I would see the problem?

Anyways, if they wanted to alienate a gender and give females and gays a reason to play, just make Chippendale a male only job.

I must say also, the thought that females and/or gays would only play a frilly, pink and prettyful job class is borderline insulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
          I really hate to do this, but I must: Will do!

...touche (no I don't know how to do that damned accent thingie)
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I must say also, the thought that females and/or gays would only play a frilly, pink and prettyful job class is borderline insulting.
            Ya I'm really agreeing with that statement. I think there is some insecurities in your mindset if you truly think that only women and gay guys can dance. This isn't the 1940's anymore where men have a place in society, and women have theirs. Open your eyes.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
            ------
            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Originally posted by Ameroth View Post
              Ya I'm really agreeing with that statement. I think there is some insecurities in your mindset if you truly think that only women and gay guys can dance. This isn't the 1940's anymore where men have a place in society, and women have theirs. Open your eyes.
              Men didn't call dancing "gay" in the 40s, they just sucked it up and went out and danced with their lady, methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                Men didn't call dancing "gay" in the 40s, they just sucked it up and went out and danced with their lady, methinks.
                No they had other terms back in the day, methinks.

Also I didn't say men called dancing gay back then. I was drawing a point that times are different now and there is much less gender-separatism.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Ok... I'm not going to say SE is targeting the gay market by making dancer but it is certainly a job that gay people are going to play. I know 3 gay people in game and they all have plans to go dancer.

Comment

Men didn't call dancing "gay" in the 40s,
                    Well, they did have a gay time at it, back then.

As to thread, if Dancers appeals to any one group, it's men playing female characters, not. gay men or females. For anyone that takes me very seriously, just for the record, I have in fact taken ballet courses, so I'm obviously not in a position to actually insult men in frilly clothing prancing about.

Comment

Originally posted by Richie View Post
                      Ok... I'm not going to say SE is targeting the gay market by making dancer but it is certainly a job that gay people are going to play. I know 3 gay people in game and they all have plans to go dancer.
                      Second dumbest thing said in the thread.

It's certainly a job that all kinds of people are going to play. Gay people, straight people, women, men, dogs, cats, etc.

Maybe not the dogs and cats, but definitely the other ones.

Comment

How is it a dumb thing to say when I was only stating a fact? Are you suggesting that I lied when I said that I know 3 gay people that are playing dancer?

I'm not blaming you at all though, I blame the school system for the low level of reading comprehension that kids have these days.

Comment

No, I'm saying that it's dumb to suggest any sort of correlation between the fact that three of your friends are going to play dancer, and the fact that they are gay.

There is no connection.

You could just have easily said "this is certainly a job that my friends are going to play". It's still a true statement, but only in a very narrow sense. It is true of some of your friends. But hardly all. Unless you only had three friends. If your three friend were female, you could have said "this is certainly a job that women are going to play", which would, again, be true. But not in any way that is at all relevant to the discussion at hand, or the player base at large.

Comment

How is this trainwreck still on the tracks? Shouldn't it be blazing in an inferno of fail somewhere along the way in a ditch by now?

Comment

I blame Raydeus.

Comment

Y'know, the song "Blame Canada!" still works if you replace Canada with Raydeus.

DiV s its Ray Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X