Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancer for Money/Girls?

Hello All,

I was thinking about why FFXI would develope a job class for only one sex. Two part question: Do you think there could be some crazy fool who would/could sue SE because his male character can't master every job class (Discrimination)? Second, do you think SE is targetting the NEW video game customer, women? Tina Turner...

Evion
    Last edited by Evion; 10-16-2007, 12:35 PM.
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: Dancer for Money/Girls?

It's female only? Can you link me to this announcement, I missed it.

Comment

I do not think its for one sex only.
      they did not even say anything about dancer being female only class.

They only showing you AF in female because they might look nicer. If you didn't notice All AF have male and female version.

Corsair's af is the most noticable.

When corsair and bluemage released, they only show Male Bluemage pictures... XD.
      -add later-

Comment

That's what I heard... And, I can't imagine a Galka dancing around... eghk.
        Current Server: Asura
        Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
        Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
        Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
        Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
        Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

I heard they were making k-club a reward for this year's Halloween event.

Comment

Is this topic really necessary? It has been pointlessly speculated several times this is a female-only class, but common sense says otherwise. Male Dancer has happened in FFV before.

I don't really get the aversion to the idea of there being a male dancer.

Comment

1- Making stupid-ass threads makes you look like a stupid ass.
              2- There's no discrimination involved. Male and female characters obviously have different armor sets, not to mention weddings, and the fact that there's no reason a male can't play a female character. Which is still better than some Chinese MMO.
              3- SE is obviously going after the gay market.

Comment

1. As long as dancers in this game are more useful than in Star Wars Galaxies I'll be happy no matter who can play it.
                2. I'd love to see a Galka dancing around.
                3. Women aren't new to gaming. I doubt women will be all, "omg look at the pretty pretty dancers!!!1!! All of a sudden I feel like gaming with the boys!"
                4. Tell me if you see any women pulling #3 so I can smack them (and show them the pretty pretty ninjas).

Comment

Star Wars Galaxies ... I don't think SE is stupid enough to do something like the NGE and totally alienate the better part of their customer base.

Comment

This isnt a stupid ass thread.

I say so therefore it is the truth.

I don't think it will happen Evion, you see male humes dancing on the stage, they dance there, they probably dance in battle too.

3- SE is obviously going after the gay market.
                    I'm sorry but if anything makes this thread more stupid is that one line right there. If dancing is supposed to be gay now where you live, I totally understand why you don't like the outdoors.

I hope showering never gets labeled as gay.
                    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

For all you know they might make the male version of Dancer wear a Tux . . .now that would be pretty neat ^ ^

Comment

I dont care they can put me on a thong as far as im concerned.

I wanna dance.

Comment

The male Dancer AF, and there WILL be male Dancer AF, will more then likely be as frilly as the female one. The female one isn't even that skimpy looking, it seems to be based more on 'flamenco' type dancing, with a spanish flair, moreso then anything else. And you know what they say, it takes two to tango.

Stupid topic, close prz
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Not a stupid topic. Stop saying that. It is derogatory and not very nice.

If you don't like it, go post somewhere else. Half the replies here are worthy of deletion and I think that wouldnt be the case if people spent their time posting quality over quantity.

Yeah do as I say, not as I do.

Comment

Ok then, fair enough.

I'll call it like I see it: this is a pointless thread. Why would SE introduce gender-specific jobs now in a game where gender has no function other than pure aesthetics?

If they're gonna do that, might as well go the whole 9 yards and intro race-specific jobs as well while they're at it. Oh wait, this isn't WoW...

Comment

Working...
                              X