X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXI Wiki.. hacked?

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
    So the question at hand is... How can I make Wikia cut me a check, too? WoW has a wiki, FFXI has a wiki, Hellgate has a wiki too. I'm sure Halo has a wiki...
    Halo does have a wiki >.>
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
      Well that helps a little, but still it's mainly what I thought.
      Just curious on something else, what horrible things would happen if(or rather now that) FFXIWiki was on Wikia with the same people running it?
      For one, Wikia had no intention of running user forums. There were some other community related aspects that Wikia didn't want to bother with.

It was enough that originally the FFXIclopedia people publicly stated it would be a cold day in hell before they sold the site to Wikia.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

http://halofanon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

the halo wiki btw dak

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
          Pretty much the sum of it all.
          This is BG attention whoring, as usual. Taj in particular, in this case. A setup and take down to remove a rival to a project they were wanting to do, but would have ultimately been pointless unless the wiki was gone (or, in the least case, according to the BGPlan it seems, discredited enough that they could fool the populace into supporting their iteration of the wiki).

There was absolutely no point to any of this mess. Actually, yes there is; two, in fact:

1) BG is a pit of conceited self-interest that does just as much harm as good by trying to dictate how everyone should play the game. Figuring out how the game works and providing the masses with the info is one thing; lambasting any and everyone that dares to blaspheme against the "Almighty" BG way of doing things is pathetic to the extreme. Spending this much time and effort over something that's ultimately completely unimportant is more or less proof itself (also, the number of Tajwagoners that lined up to stroke and do other things to his e-peen is sickening in its epicness).

and

2) Anyone that donates money over the internet for any reason deserves to be laughed at and ripped off. Seriously, giving up money for free for charity over the internet... ...if you aren't aware that some of it is gonna be pocketed, please, come speak with me about some ocean-front property I can sell you in Arizona.

Please tell me people are not this fucking stupid to fall for this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
            So the question at hand is... How can I make Wikia cut me a check, too? WoW has a wiki, FFXI has a wiki, Hellgate has a wiki too. I'm sure Halo has a wiki...
            Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Is this them Taj that does FFUtils? or some other one...
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                This is BG attention whoring, as usual. Taj in particular, in this case. A setup and take down to remove a rival to a project they were wanting to do, but would have ultimately been pointless unless the wiki was gone (or, in the least case, according to the BGPlan it seems, discredited enough that they could fool the populace into supporting their iteration of the wiki).

There was absolutely no point to any of this mess. Actually, yes there is; two, in fact:

1) BG is a pit of conceited self-interest that does just as much harm as good by trying to dictate how everyone should play the game. Figuring out how the game works and providing the masses with the info is one thing; lambasting any and everyone that dares to blaspheme against the "Almighty" BG way of doing things is pathetic to the extreme. Spending this much time and effort over something that's ultimately completely unimportant is more or less proof itself (also, the number of Tajwagoners that lined up to stroke and do other things to his e-peen is sickening in its epicness).

and

2) Anyone that donates money over the internet for any reason deserves to be laughed at and ripped off. Seriously, giving up money for free for charity over the internet... ...if you aren't aware that some of it is gonna be pocketed, please, come speak with me about some ocean-front property I can sell you in Arizona.

Pretty much the whole truth of the matter.

BG has been really butthurt for a long time that they aren't even a "featured site" on POL, this is thier bid to get that level of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                  Is this them Taj that does FFUtils? or some other one...
                  Taj from windower yes.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  Pretty much the whole truth of the matter.
                  BG has been really butthurt for a long time that they aren't even a "featured site" on POL, this is thier bid to get that level of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by LilithAngel View Post
                    I gave 5 bucks to em a few years ago when they were having a fund raiser. If anything that just shows me that for all this time, they've been doing exactly what they were supposed to do with their donated money, running their site. And I'm well aware that not all 100% of the donated money will go to their site managements, but it's not like they're asking for 20k when they only need 10k and pocketing the rest. The sites been up and running for at least 5 years now so it's not like he was lieing about using the donations to keep the place going.

In fact the only thing that has really been contradicting was his stance of not selling, but then it's clear it was always a possibility. And seeing as donations fell short this year, on top of getting a pretty damn nice offer (straight up cash, full control on the wiki and a salary job with stock options) it's clear why he did it.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                      -Then Taj was a dick and did something illegal.
                      This is something kind of overlooked in the whole deal. Everyone picked up their torches and pitchforks, and BG members want to report ffxiclo for fraud...first off, web browser screenshots are easily faked(although I do not believe these were) and not even the police are allowed to use evidence that was obtained illegally.

Yeah, Gani and those running the wiki did some under-handed shit to their community base. But breaching someone's private accounts to anything isn't any less of a shitty thing to do, and Taj shouldn't be anyone's hero over this. Everyone on BG thinks it's awesome, at least until they piss off Taj or someone with similar capabilities, which there's likely a lot of out there.
                      Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

Originally posted by Callisto View Post
                        This is something kind of overlooked in the whole deal. Everyone picked up their torches and pitchforks, and BG members want to report ffxiclo for fraud...first off, web browser screenshots are easily faked(although I do not believe these were) and not even the police are allowed to use evidence that was obtained illegally.
                        Yeah, Gani and those running the wiki did some under-handed shit to their community base. But breaching someone's private accounts to anything isn't any less of a shitty thing to do, and Taj shouldn't be anyone's hero over this. Everyone on BG thinks it's awesome, at least until they piss off Taj or someone with similar capabilities, which there's likely a lot of out there.

Read pages 30? thru 40 in the first thread it the majority of bg saying taj was a dick for hacking emails.

Also you can use the evidence if neither side disputes it, no matter the method used to obtain, by wiki (gani) disputing it or taj they both kill the case against each other. So either both drop or neither.

Comment

people get pissed when they get lied to, especially if it involves money.

simple as that.

all in all it's an unfortunate situation, but life goes on.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

Comment

Oh btw for those without your heads up your asses, S-E has started to step in. Asked bg to remove the posts that show Gani getting paid buy S-E for doing polls on wiki starting soon. Should be interesting to see how they deal with it now tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X