X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXI Wiki.. hacked?

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    What I said doesn't preclude that, but we're only talking about a few sites today so I was more specific.
    I understand that, but the wiki in question was used by more then just bg.

So i guess it would be more like the FFXI community is full of cry babies.
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

But related to the topic at hand, I specifically wanted to call BG as a group babies. We all know that the general FFXI community, like every other MMO community and the world in general is filled with a bunch of babies. Sometimes though you just focus your name calling on one group of people.

Taj should probably just be called an asshole.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Even more back on topic:

The actual wikipedia is back up.

As far as the forums are concerned, this doesn't effect me. I was banned about 2 weeks ago for a reason I don't know (nor can I find out). I think it was because of a simple mistake of my hitting "resend" when I went to refresh to post that had a link in it (which it also said wasn't aloowed until I had 15 posts, which I did). So, basically, it just makes me a feel a little bit better.
        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
        90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
        52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

/em considers wgetting the whole thing

Nope, getting constant refreshes or redirects.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

/em considers wgetting the whole thing
            Nope, getting constant refreshes or redirects.
            Same.

Comment

Regardless of the alligations, this was pretty typical of Taj to start crap.

He tries so hard to craft this "Robbin Hood" image of himself for the 'fans', which causes people to overlook the fact that he is, in fact, a hacker: Someone with talents completly wasted and with nothing but their own interests in mind.

In my personal opinion, I would not have put it past Taj to have constructed this to aid in the production of a BG wiki(Which is, in fact, coming out now.) or some other personal vindication.

In the end, I'll "Wait and see" as I always do. People said similar BS about Alla. Sounds to me like people just love repeating year after year of the same senseless drama.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
                Fixed for reality.
                Captain Obvious is in town, and look! He brought his friend, Lieutenant Irony!

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrist View Post
                  a hacker: Someone with talents completly wasted and with nothing but their own interests in mind.
                  *Pet Peeve* This is not what a hacker is. That you think it is is a product of media latching on to something that sounded bad and branding people with it.

There is nothing inherently bad about being a hacker. The internet was created by them, TCP/IP was improved because of them. 90% of what allowed you to make that post is directly descended from what berkeley hackers did during the 80's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker
                  http://catb.org/jargon/html/H/hacker.html

loose

Comment

So, I read that big long 'expose' post on BG about this and I'm still havin a bit of a problem understanding exactly what's goin on. So please, correct me if and when I say something wrong while I try and figure out what the hell is happening.

-FFXIWiki needed money to pay operating costs.
                    -They were approached by Wikia and asked to join them
                    -FFXIWiki said 'f u' and had a fund raiser instead, as usual
                    -FFXI Wiki came up short of funds and decided to lease money
                    -Wikia came back and gave them a fairly decent and rather nice offer to pay them a salary to do something they enjoy anyway
                    -FFXIWiki said 'deal!' and decided to use the remaining 2k Donations on a potential raffle/give away to those that donated
                    -Someone hacks the Admins account and posts all this info for everyone
                    -???
                    -Profit?

I gotta be missing something for everyone to be so pissed off about this, cause I can't really see any major lies or deceit.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

To follow up Mhurron's statement, the term you're looking for is 'cracker'.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                        +1

Exactly what you posted
                        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                          So, I read that big long 'expose' post on BG about this and I'm still havin a bit of a problem understanding exactly what's goin on. So please, correct me if and when I say something wrong while I try and figure out what the hell is happening.
                          -FFXIWiki said 'f u' and had a fund raiser instead, as usual
                          -FFXI Wiki came up short of funds and decided to lease money
                          -Wikia came back and gave them a fairly decent and rather nice offer to pay them a salary to do something they enjoy anyway
                          -FFXIWiki said 'deal!' and decided to use the remaining 2k Donations on a potential raffle/give away to those that donated
                          -Someone hacks the Admins account and posts all this info for everyone
                          -???
                          -Profit?
                          I gotta be missing something for everyone to be so pissed off about this, cause I can't really see any major lies or deceit.
                          Actually, the clear information says something like this:

-FFXIWiki said 'f u' and publicly stated how bad it would be for FFXIclopedia and the community move to wikia and had a fund raiser instead, as usual

-FFXI Wiki came up short of funds and decided to lease money (They were always going to lease machines from a hosting provider. They worked outthat 12k would be enough to hold them at least till next year when they could do the same thing. They got 9k which didn't last anywhere near what 9k should have if their 12k figure was close to being right. So either they can't add or the money they did receive was horribly mismanaged)

-Wikia came back with a nice offer to pay them a salary

-FFXIWiki said 'deal!' as the money was better this time so what horrible things were going to happen to FFXIclopedia if they moved to Wikia no longer mattered and said nothing about what happened to the money raised until someone called them out over it then people who did not make the decision because they didn't own the site said something about deciding to use the remaining 2k Donations on a potential raffle/give away to those that donated

-Then Taj was a dick and did something illegal.

loose

Comment

So the question at hand is... How can I make Wikia cut me a check, too? WoW has a wiki, FFXI has a wiki, Hellgate has a wiki too. I'm sure Halo has a wiki...

Comment

*stuffs*
                              Well that helps a little, but still it's mainly what I thought.

Just curious on something else, what horrible things would happen if(or rather now that) FFXIWiki was on Wikia with the same people running it?
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                                So the question at hand is... How can I make Wikia cut me a check, too? WoW has a wiki, FFXI has a wiki, Hellgate has a wiki too. I'm sure Halo has a wiki...
                                The way things are going, Wikia will run and own all of those as well.
                                http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/09/15/0327236

loose

Comment

Working...
                                X