This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Wiki.. hacked?

I've been trying to get on FFXI Wiki for over an hour and kept getting no response, so I tried to check out their forums to see if there was any news.
    Oh boy..
    Last edited by Olorin401; 09-17-2007, 04:43 AM. Reason: Title Edit?
    Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
    Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
    Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Re: FFXI Wiki.. hacked?

Considering the drama surrounding the wiki recently, this finding affects me with the opposite of surprise.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

SPECTRUM OF THE SITUATION:

FFXIclopedia zealot: ZOMG, BG is hax0ring them!

Normal person: bfd lol

Conspiracy theorist: ZOMG, they're covering up posts that told the truth about them!

Comment

the forums have been down since early last night, after Taj got info. The were taken down due to the hack as well as a mass attack of posters calling out wiki on their own forums.

As for the site, could be down to prevent Vandalizing of the boards.
        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Colour me unsurprised by this move.

The whole thing has made the Fandom_wank report, so expect more people heading over to BG etc to lol at it all.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
          "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Hmmm..

Well that was an interesting light read.. Two observations:

1) I'm not gonna condone hacking for anyone. I used to do it. But seriously if you leave your system that insecure these days you deserve to get your dirty laundry sent to the cleaners.
            2) Sev needs to make a cat pic with the caption 'I iz BG cat. I'z in ur wiki admin account, pwning u."

Comment

oh great.... ruined a good source of info, because people wanted to be ass holes..... way to go morons.....

oh and btw.... BG is going to suck
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
                Colour me unsurprised by this move.
                The whole thing has made the Fandom_wank report, so expect more people heading over to BG etc to lol at it all.
                Yep, and would you be surprised if one day we see BG admins cashing their website out?

I don't think they'd do it with money from a non-profit fundraiser though.

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
                  Yep, and would you be surprised if one day we see BG admins cashing their website out?
                  I don't think they'd do it with money from a non-profit fundraiser though.
                  I don't doubt it, but I suspect that BG would be far more open about it. That's the thing, if they had been open and honest from the beginning, this shitstorm probably wouldn't have hit the proportions they had. Lying, dishonesty etc - honestly, it's like a fly to shit for a lot of internet users.

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "As a RDM, it should irk you to the depths of your soul when a mob had the audacity to buff itself in front of you."

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
                    Hmmm..
                    Well that was an interesting light read.. Two observations:
                    1) I'm not gonna condone hacking for anyone. I used to do it. But seriously if you leave your system that insecure these days you deserve to get your dirty laundry sent to the cleaners.
                    2) Sev needs to make a cat pic with the caption 'I iz BG cat. I'z in ur wiki admin account, pwning u."
                    Ya lol, that will be todays pic due to request.

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                    oh great.... ruined a good source of info, because people wanted to be ass holes..... way to go morons.....
                    oh and btw.... BG is going to suck
                    It it still intact btw, The wiki admin (Mierin) talked a bit publicly about it, she/he is gonna get in shit as she states about the situation by the wiki admins. On page 14 http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/vie...sd=a&start=390

It sucks the site is down, not what either side wanted tbh.

Originally posted by Kirsteena View Post
                    I don't doubt it, but I suspect that BG would be far more open about it. That's the thing, if they had been open and honest from the beginning, this shitstorm probably wouldn't have hit the proportions they had. Lying, dishonesty etc - honestly, it's like a fly to shit for a lot of internet users.
                    Bg would probably take the I'm getting paid for this lol now approach >.>

Comment

Mierin tried to talk to them... and gets attacked pretty much, this is what I am talking about, people are taking this way to far -.-
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                        Mierin tried to talk to them... and gets attacked pretty much, this is what I am talking about, people are taking this way to far -.-
                        Their are people who attack on both sides, unfortantly it got too far before anyone tried to handle it on either side tbh. The classic quote there was calling the wiki info their info, its the communities, but none the less there will be 3 wikis within an month.

Comment

Damnit I knew I should have printed up that information for the missions I was planning to do over the weekend.

BG is populated by a bunch of babies. There might be some good info there but its hard to find over all that crying, whining and screaming.

As for the wiki, well obviously they should have set up, maintained and monitored their stuff better.
                          I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
                            The internet is populated by a bunch of babies.

Fixed for reality.

Comment

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
                              Fixed for reality.
                              What I said doesn't preclude that, but we're only talking about a few sites today so I was more specific.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X