X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFXI Wiki.. hacked?

Originally posted by SevIfrit View Post
    I am picketing eticket until he converts to =/= !!!!
    Tho in all due seriousness please read the quote people.
    damn, I knew there was another way to show that. >.> I'll keep that in mind just for you Sevvy, just for you.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
      whats wrong with != ?
      Sevv doesn't know computers.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

whats wrong with != ?
        Whats not wrong with it?
        Thanks Kazuki.
        Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Originally posted by Skoal View Post
          Whats not wrong with it?
          !=

makes perfect sense to me.

oh was that a pun?

let's start a fight over the usage of != vs. =/=

go!
          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

That would be just as productive as the other 16 pages before this one I'm sure.

Comment

All pages I post on are productive, damn it.

Comment

whats wrong with != ?
                Everything is wrong with !=

See:

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                damn, I knew there was another way to show that. >.> I'll keep that in mind just for you Sevvy, just for you.
                [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

!=
                  makes perfect sense to me.
                  oh was that a pun?
                  let's start a fight over the usage of != vs. =/=
                  go!

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                  That would be just as productive as the other 16 pages before this one I'm sure.
                  Hey murphie got 300 thanks and mhurron hit 3k, and this thread helped is there any thing more important than that?

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                  All pages I post on are productive, damn it.
                  Of course they are >.>
                  [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

dont worry...
                    Attached Files
                    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that =/= poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                        I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that =/= poster.
                        yes

Comment

OK, let me 'splain to "the ppl."

You don't want to visit or support a website because someone did something you consider shady. You can break it down in to totally different reasons, but to stem off yet another petty sematic debate, I'll just list them:

(1) You feel the guy stole money.
                          (2) You feel lied to.
                          (3) You see somone profiting of the work of others.
                          (4) You just think Ganiman is a big jerk.

Now let's toss in a statement people have been throwing around for flavor:

"Just because you don't like the source/person doesn't mean it isn't informative and beneficial to others."

Now let's take the statement and #4 and shake them up.

"I think Ganiman is a big jerk, but just because I don't like him doesn't mean FFXIlopedia isn't informative and benefical to others."

The statement remains true. And remains true no matter which number I pick. I can take my Windows example or the fact someone lied to me and the statement will very well not change. I can take BG, Alla and KI and that statement will not change.

So what this all boils down in the long run isn't even what happened, its really just making a flavor preference.

This would be like refusing RC Cola and Pepsi into a blind taste test with Coke. Most people aren't going to be able to tell the difference even if you allowed RC Cola and Pepsi in. They'd drink any of the three. Alla, FFXIC and BG all get the same info in the long run.

Going back to my Windows example for a bit, though. The short of it is Microsoft ripped of the entire concept for windows from hard working people that never saw a profit. But what happened in the end?

Its benefitted a lot of people. It benefits you and you still actively use it. But that doesn't change the fact of where it came from.

So do we get upset about that now or do we not? I say the time to judge that has come and gone, the public embraced what the crooks did and it ended up doing good.

If you can't get angry about what MS did, I can't understand why you're angry about this because not only is it smaller in its scope than what MS did, but ulitmately the good done outweighs the bad by a wide margin. Not only that, FFXIlopedia's not closing off the information to the public. It is still a public resourse whether they profited from it or not.

So is BG, so is Alla. So you're basically just picking your flavor by your dislike of particular people for something they did. I'm no less guilty, but at least I'm not pretending to be otherwise.
                          Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 09-18-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Who is pretending otherwise? I know I (and others) have said several times that we aren't using the site anymore because we don't like they way they do business. That has nothing to do with the information on the site, or how good of a resource it is.

Microsoft is so irrelevant to this discussion it's not funny. People use MS because it's convenient, not necessarily because it's the best. They may not be fans of MS the company, but the programs are kind of ubiquitous, and unless they want to go with Linux (valid option, but not for everyone), or Apple (same), they have to go with MS if they want to be able to do the things that they need to do with their computers in day to day life.

FFXIC isn't like that. It's just one source of information in a sea of other sources of information.

Comment

By the time MS got around to making windows, it was a standard paradigm.

On top of that, any 'stealing' that went on was the way things worked at the time and therefore was pretty much expected. Can you say the same for the way the wiki admins handled themselves.

Now then. Many people do boycott Microsoft's products because of how they feel MS has acted, and others don't care. Just the same here, some don't care about what the admins did, others do not want to show support for the site because of it. But it is not just a personal preference along the lines of you like the colour scheme at one site better.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Looking at your list there: 1, 2 and 3 are pretty much enough for me to justify not going there if I can help it. If you choose to then so be it.

I realize there are plenty of atrocities in the world out there. I realize other companies are just as bad and many companies are worse. I understand that.

However, I look at it like I do charities. There are a lot of charitable causes out there. I can't support them all so I support the ones that are important to me (primarily humane societies and alzheimers research).

Gussy it up by calling it a 'flavor' preference if you want. However, it's not that simple. None of the other 'flavors' did the first three things on your list. That's enough for me to choose to avoid FFWiki as much as possible.

It all comes down to this. If you don't care enough about what they did to stop using the site, then keep using the site. I won't begrudge anyone of that. Just like I would expect someone to respect my decision not to do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X