Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you pass the time between invites?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you pass the time between invites?

Pretty simple and self-explanatory question. What d'you guys do to pass the time while LFG? I'm currently out in Valkurm and have been waiting for a little, so as such I decided I'd post this here while I wait

Now I'm kinda curious to know what all of you guys do, especially when you're not near a large hub of activity such as a major city.

Re: How do you pass the time between invites?

Kill things.

MHURRON SMASH!
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Pokemon Pearl.

Let me show you my Pokemans.
      The Tao of Ren
      FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
      Originally posted by Kaeko
      As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Farm tree cuttings for my gardening

Skill up Cooking

Go down to Inner Horatio Ruins and kill goblins/wendigos for onions and test papers to sell

Wander around and explore an area I don't get into very much

Leave the audio tell notification on so I can hear invites from the other room and;
        Surf the internet
        Troll forums like these
        Cook lunch for the family
        Wash the dishes
        Dust
        Mop
        Read books
        Nap (Max volume on the computer with music turned off is best for this option)

But my numero uno absolute favorite thing to do while lfp?

Solo ep-dc monsters and enjoy the relaxing freedom of not having to worry about anyone else or anyone else's hp, tp, mp, or inability to tank/skillchain/walk and chew gum at the same time.

Of course, this list is probably tinted in the view of me being a level 75 whm; one of the perks of being higher level OR a whitemage is awesome mobility, and I enjoy the priveledges of both. At the lower levels, most of the time while I LFP'ed I...

Skilled up healing/enhancing magic
        Talked to my linkshell/friends

IF I was near an auction house I window shopped for armor

Oh yes, one other thing, I can't realy do this anymore, but when I was a nooblet, I used to do /sea all whm and pick a name with a larger number next to it (60+) and tell that person I wanted advice on how to play whm. Advice notwithstanding, I gleaned a great deal of interesting knowledge and met some very fascanating people with this tactic.

Basically....

This is a big game, there are a LOT of things to do and goals to reach, and wasting some of the few hours a day I personally get to play by doing nothing else while lfp? It doesn't even make SENSE to me.

Wishmaster's post made me lol, hard.

Yes, it was inspired by the Simpsons
        If you know how to download and use VRS, I am interested in being tutored.
        *There is a high likelihood anyone who tutors me will recieve mucho artses*

Comment

1. Wander around aimlessly
          2. Check the AH prices for gear I need for the jobs I'm playing
          3. Fish
          4. lvl Summoning skill
          5. chat on my LS alot(so funny sometimes)
          Last edited by Shadowneko; 07-09-2007, 07:26 AM.
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Thank you, Irisjir, I aim to please.

That's a good idea though, about asking for advice. I suppose I could suck up to a HL Taru PLD and ask for some hints. God knows the 4 on my server don't have their heads up their own arses too far already.
            The Tao of Ren

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
            As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I tend to...fish, level up woodworking, farm, or talk to LS. Usually it's talking to LS cause I'm too lazy to do the other stuff ,_,

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

watch tv. play psp. work out on the floor next to my pc.
                Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Originally posted by Omni View Post
                  watch tv. play psp. work out on the floor next to my pc.
                  After that last sentence, I knew you were joking.

Speaking of stuff I do between invites, did you know that Garcelle Beauvais is in this months issue of Playboy? >_>;;
                  The Tao of Ren

Comment

I don't read or need to read playboy....

I have a GF to expose herself to me at will without the need of a glossy magazine with pages stuck together.

on topic...

with Valkrum LFPing

From 10-13/14 kill saplings and wasps and worms in konchat, then try max DC goblins and sheep, any experience gained is good even if you kill EP's for little exp it beats sitting around waiting and not gaining any, plus behive chip drops, grain seeds, sheepskin and crystals will help your financial situation in the game by sellign them at the AH.

Comment

Nothing makes a GF jealous like a gorgeous woman she's not sure you're fantasizing about.

I found that al lvl 40, I could actually skill up Great Sword on PLD by fighting the TW bees and EP Gobs outside Jeuno.

But fishing is always a cheap move, no matter what the level and budget. (and with 30k to my name, I might pick that back up. a Shame that moat carps are now only 3k a stack )
                      The Tao of Ren

Comment

Well, I stopped putting my LFP flag up along time ago. I solo for my exp, upside about soloing is that I get to keep all the gil drops along with all the other drops.

60-70 gil a kill might not look like much, but when you consider that I need about 400 kills to level from 56 to 57, thats 24k-28k just from the gil alone.

And do you know the best part about soloing? No one judges your gear or job combinations. Swd/Shield DRK/SMN with a Str/+att build works wonders against EPs. 1.5kish exp/hr might not seem great, but it works for me.
                        /em wave hand across chest

/s This is not the sig you are looking for. . .

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
                          After that last sentence, I knew you were joking.
                          Speaking of stuff I do between invites, did you know that Garcelle Beauvais is in this months issue of Playboy? >_>;;
                          haha, no im serious.

i'll do like sit ups and leg raises if im too lazy to goto the gym.
                          Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
                          ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

Sometimes I'll just sit around and chat with my LS.

Most of the time I just run around and kill some EPs, hell, some xp is better than none, and even if I don't get an invite, I'll still be closer to my next level than I was when I started. Nothing like being productive.

Sometimes I will craft, though not often because it takes gil and I'm usually in short supply of it.

And sometimes I'll just leave my sound on and read a book/magazine or clean up my room a bit (if necessary) while waiting for that /tell sound.
                            sigpic
                            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

... "LFG"? I don't understand... Perma only! Muhahahah!

Between static parties, I look for people on the LS who may need help, or do missions and quests.
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                              X