How many people play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people play?

I quit playing Final Fantasy XI about a year ago, and now really want to start playing again. Problem is, I dont know how many people still play. When I quit, Bahamut was having problems because there were no white mages, because people were quiting. I really dont wanna play if there aren't many people that still do, it would be way to hard. If someone could give me a rough estimate for people at least on the Bahamut server, that would would be great. Thnx.

Re: How many people play?

On Hades, at 12:50pm EST. there's 2300 people online.
    -Baka Inu!
    Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
    Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
    Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
    Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

go to ffxiah.com i think they have a rough estimate on how many people are on each server, and i really dont think this game is dieing yes people quit but also many new people join every day
      75bst 75thf 73rdm 40mnk 39nin 37whm 35blu 26drk 17pld 17war and idk the rest

PM: 8-3
      ZM: 14

Cloudxi -- Valefor, moved to Quetzalcoatl 01/08
      TheFlock ls

Comment

There are plenty of players on Bahamut. Of all jobs. I think the lack of WHMs was just something you imagined.

Comment

Something tells me there were WHMs back when you quit.
          Read my blog.
          ffxibrp.livejournal.com
          Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
          Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

i would think most servers population hovers between 2k and 3k at any given time. there has alway been a shortage of mages. why not be a mage and never have to seek for a party, just log on and accept random invites as they come. only difference i see from early on and to now is less people in dunes at early levels. most people try and solo to 20 to avoid dunes partys but they still are there. after that its not much different tha it was maybe a few less qufim partys. people tend to go to next level areas sooner than before by 1 or 2 levels. this is either because most people playing are on 2nd or 3rd or 4th jobs, or because of the new jobs addding to partys. the people that are here are like myself we have been playing since release and plan to keep playing. leveling new jobs and enjoying all SE keeps adding. there are still new people joining us like yourself, your not alone. so there will be people in your level range to party with and learn.

Comment

I think his concerns are legit though, I mean look at most areas, Jeuno and the starting cities are almost empty, and Ranguemont Pass doesn't have Taisai campers anymore.

That alone is could be seen as an indication XI is dying.

It feels as if everyone just moved out of the Quon and Mindartia and went to some eastern empire or something. >.<
              sigpic
              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

His concerns aren't legit. Especially since he's referring to Bahamut. That place is packed.

Comment

I play, so at least that's one. I'm sure we can get 500k 'me too' posts in now.
                  I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Not me.

Comment

FFXI had ~500k users in 2004, peaked at ~700k users in 2005, and dropped back to ~500k users in 2006. (Source)

In an April 2007 interview, S-E revealed that FFXI currently has... ~500k users.

People come, people go, but this is the ~500k user game.
                      Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                      yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                      Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                      leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Answer: lots and lots and lots of people!

Seriouly some of the core areas kinda got half-abandoned becase Aht Ungan is the new hangout....but there are still enopugh low-levels to have fun with ^^
                        Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
                        (have fun MMO players ^^)
                        Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Thnx guys/gals! thats all I needed to know. I just didn't wanna come back if it was dying.

Comment

Always talk about its demise, but new content keeps being published and the numbers stay constant. I think the only thing that will make the numbers drop off considerably would be a new version of the same game. I don't see that happening until the PS2 community becomes PS3 and they are able to push it out in HD...

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                              His concerns aren't legit. Especially since he's referring to Bahamut. That place is packed.
                              Mwahaha, I should quote this on my sig, but I'll do this instead:

/poke Murphie
                              sigpic
                              "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                              Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X