X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Search Comments! USE THEM.

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
    You can't make me.
    lol...not trying to force people to use them, although the title states otherwise. Just wanted more people to look into using them, namely NA's. I like seeing their tnl, SJ's available, HP, etc, and it helps me make an educated guess if they're a retard or not.

I agree with using them for non-exp reasons, I tend to do that, or go anon if I'm not looking for an exp pt at the time. Although mainly, it's either green or yellow...and one time I tried to use the 'Synthesis' seacom...just to see if I could get materials I needed...didn't work, lol.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
      *Looks for the closest shelter to take cover*

-appears out the shadows grabbing Raydeus and covering his mouth so he cant scream for help as he draggs him off-

Too late >.>
      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I try to remember to put up search comments ... one of these days I'll have to look at the use of /seacom. It DOES seem on Midgard that if there's a comment up, it's probably a JP player, at least in the level ranges I search (mid-30s and down).

And Telera, I love that image in your sig! Where is that from?

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
          And Telera, I love that image in your sig! Where is that from?
          I have no idea, sadly. I'm dumb at making signatures. I had an old friend do it for me, and she just sent me a few images and let me pick from among them. I could ask her, next I see her.

But thank you. ^_^;
          "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

I tend to always put them time-to-time, but one of the things that annoy me -- PEOPLE JUST DON'T READ THEM ANYMORE!

My TNL is the first thing I place on that comment. And when this /tell comes to me, it just makes me die inside.

Player: (Hello!) (Party)(Do you need it?)tnl?
            Originally posted by Yygdrasil
            Originally posted by Nandito
            Ponies.

Duh.
            You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Yes, the lower levels do have that problem, and it certainly isn't necessary when you can get 1-2 levels in a sitting.

However, when forming a party post 65, when it takes 2-3 parties to get another level, seacoms and having that tnl readily accessible before you even ask the person is invaluable.
              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Could you please stop saying NAs like we are the only ones not using them, there are a lot of people NA JP G or F that don't use them.

I use them because it gets me a PT faster, mainly when I am using one sub job (non cookie cutter) and want people to know I can switch to something else if needed.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfZeal View Post
                  Yes, the lower levels do have that problem, and it certainly isn't necessary when you can get 1-2 levels in a sitting.
                  I consider TNLs to be even more important at those early levels, since level gaps within a party have a bigger impact on exp at that stage than it does at higher levels.
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Mine typically always" tnl the type of food (party) (yes, please!) and then any other jobs the same level I can use instead, or just a listing of the important stat values for the job. Like for thief I typically show my agi and dex. For whm, I just usually have the first two lines.
                    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                      Could you please stop saying NAs like we are the only ones not using them, there are a lot of people NA JP G or F that don't use them.
                      Well, I'm talking about only what I've seen this past week, partying everyday, or at least searching to form a party. I've seen let's see....about....oh yea, 0 G and F only players during this time. I've seen 'EJGF?' a couple times, other wise I've only seen 'E' 'J' or 'JE'. And yea, I know that not every single NA or JP uses them or doesn't, I'm just saying from what I've seen these past times while partying.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Comment

He was talking about NA's since he was, Eu players do the same thing so want me to type "the non-japanese players who play outside Japanese playtime" Seem to use /seacoms less then the others
                        [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

Talking about NA players, I don't want to be offensive to anyone, but I really dislike playing with them. I'm not quite sure why exactly it is, maybe I just have always met the wrong NA players. But every party with NA players, always there's a lot of useless chatting, swears, cusses, them trying to out-smart eachother, fights, sudden disbands or just physical stupid activity. What mainly bothers me, is the extreme arrogance or incredibly bad spelling.
                          And the worst thing to do, is to say something about it. "Please chat a little less." The reply to that usually is something like "L0l ST*U m0f0 f*kin blist meh if u nut wnt hear me RFL" (Sorry for the cusses) This might be a little exaggerated, but definetely not entirely untrue. They're mainly posting on the KillingIfrit forums.
                          Well, once again, I don't want to offend anyone, but this does mainly occur with NA players, or some European younger players who talk good english. The European/Asian younger players who don't speak as good english and thus communicate less with NA players, tend to not have this behaviour.
                          To all players with such behaviour, please try to keep down the unnecessary cussing or spamming, especially during experience party's, were there might be players who are bothered by it. It's just a little bit of common sense and way to treat other people.
                          And though you might say, "This is online gaming, get used to it," I still hope you at least can take it into consideration. These basic rules count for everything, any kind of community.

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Comment

There are more people that don't read search comments at all than there are people that make them, so I fail to see why I people should be made to use search comments.

I just ran a search a few minutes ago for synthesis, it was all JP and it was all about stuff that had nothing to do with synthesis.

Aside: EUs religiously use /sea comments because they have it harder getting PTs. They usually play smack in the middle of JP prime time and JPs assume about EUs what they assume about NAs.

I use /sea comments all the damned time. No one reads them, especially if you're a support class. They don't even read them for my RNG. Its just "slot open, /invite."

And if I used them for my BST, people would still crash my camps any way, so no dice there.
                            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 05-23-2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                              - People who put {I want experience points} as their search comment when they've already registered that they are seeking under the category of exp party. Duh! We can already tell that you want experience points!
                              I've seen a lot of people using the Green Experience Points seacom to say they are away or sleepy. I think that's why people put "Experience Points", even though the green already means that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
                                And the worst thing to do, is to say something about it. "Please chat a little less." The reply to that usually is something like "L0l ST*U m0f0 f*kin blist meh if u nut wnt hear me RFL" (Sorry for the cusses) This might be a little exaggerated...
                                Not really.

Comment

Working...
                                X