Search Comments! USE THEM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Comments! USE THEM.

I've noticed a horrible trend lately, as I've been stuck at home this week, and playing from morning to afternoon, and school is out and all that great stuff.

NA players don't like search comments.

They're afraid of them? I mean my search comments never bite me, they're actually pretty nice, and tend to get me quicker invites. But the other players don't use them!

I've noticed that, every morning when I get on, and check to see who's seeking in my range, there will be, say 4 JP players, and then 4 NA players, not including myself. The 4 JP players have their seacoms up, and usually I can only understand half of them, but I get their tnl, and available subs, etc. The NA players have nothing. I'm just curious if it's a common trend on other servers to have JP players with seacoms, and then NA players without?

Not like I have solid evidence of no NA players with seacoms, but I've seen 3 NA players with them in the past week. And every seeking JP has had them. Just curious if this is more common, as I haven't played in awhile and I remember more people using them before.

Thanks to Roguewolf for the sig. :D

Re: Search Comments! USE THEM.

Its mostly NA players are lazy in general (flame me if you want), alot of na players just tend to think im seeking its enough. Ive waited in Jp pts 5/6 for 45 min till they found the best pt mem for the final spot, just a small difference in play style. I almost always have a /seacom up.
    [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

I dunno, it seems kinda half and half to me. In general the people with search comments will get my invite before the non search comment people do, unless I really want their job or something like that, so yeah, search comments = good

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

simple /seacom

ie mine on rng

{Experiance Points} 28,800/32,000 -> 71
        {World}: O {Runic Portal} 6/6
        {Long Time} {Party} {Yes, Please}

Comment

Id say from experience when making PTs that 3/4 of all seeking in the lv range Im checking usually have comments up, its not really a Jp thing either. Just as many Jp people seeking are as lazy as the rest of you who dont use them. I always invite people with comments first, no comments is a last resort and after a good 5-10minute wait incase someone else pops.
          75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
          Woodworking 91.9+2
          ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

its a server to server thing majority of N/A players on ifrit if they have a sea com up its for dynamis or the dynamis they did 2 days ago lol

Comment

As far as exp searching goes, during NA peak times seacoms are common enough that you can assemble a party.

What really bugs me, though, is that people ONLY register for exp parties. They don't register for the less-used categories, such as missions, quests, and the like. The items category is used fairly well, but the others are all dominated by people who only type in Kanji, which I can't read in the least.

Many times I feel I'm the only one who uses them, when I feel in the mood to do CoP, classic missions, Zilart, or even the rare quests (like my eternal hunt for an opo-opo crown).
              Kindadarii (Bahamut)
              90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
              70.3 + 2 Woodworking
              52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

I too wish more people would use the non-exp party search comments. I almost never see anything but Green or Yellow used.

Comment

Yeah, search comments tend to be under utilized, or just mis-utilized. I'm guessing that some of the players who don't use search comments when seeking simply got tired of having to retype them every time they logged back in. I spent my first two years in this game not knowing that I could macro my search comment.

My search comment related pet peeves:
                  - People who bother to put up a search comment, but don't bother to put in an approximation of their TNL.
                  - People who put {I want experience points} as their search comment when they've already registered that they are seeking under the category of exp party. Duh! We can already tell that you want experience points!
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I use /seacoms for EXP, and I often use the 'Other' for when I'm *not* seeking, and specifically want people to see that when they select my name on the list. (I don't know why, I just hate being /anon.)

Generally, for exp, I'll indicate my tnl amount, {Fenrir}: O, {main}{heal} OK, HP: {Aht Urghan Whitegate} (if I'm currently wandered off somewhere a good distance from Whitegate.)

It's a habit, but 9/10, unless I forget, I put up some form of search comment when I seek. I've also been getting myself into the habit when I'm party lead, of /telling the current party set up to the person I'm sending a /tell to. Because I know that helps some people decide/or some people are real prima donnas about their tanks and it'll save drama later.
                    "If you keep me waiting much longer, it damn well better be the end of the Galaxy." ~ Kaidan

~There's gonna come a day, and I can't wait to see your face...~

Comment

Meh, why bother with search comments; if you invite NA you already know they are gonna suck anyway.

*Looks for the closest shelter to take cover*
                      sigpic
                      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Search Comments! USE THEM.
                        You can't make me.
                        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                          I'm guessing that some of the players who don't use search comments when seeking simply got tired of having to retype them every time they logged back in.
                          I got tired of doing this as well, especially across multiple jobs. This is why I quickly learned the /seacom (or /sc) and the /seacomup (or /scu) syntax. The /sc help file actually says "Allows PC to set and save a search comment in his/her macro palette" (emphasis mine, of course).

I have half a palette devoted to these: 4 alt macros (Alt + 7 through 0), which are for whichever job I'm seeing on, and 3 ctrl macros (Ctrl + 8 through 0), which are for "other" comments, like when I go afk bazaaring or busy doing other things.
                          Kindadarii (Bahamut)
                          90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
                          70.3 + 2 Woodworking
                          52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

See, I would have thought that many of the players who don't use them simply got tired of having to tell potential (lazy) party mates all of the information that was already right there for them to read.

Or maybe that's just me. I mean, I still use them, but I can't say that it does much good.

Comment

BTW, I have used both Red and (insert colour of quest) search comments. It didn't get me anywhere.
                              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X