FFXI Fifth Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FFXI Fifth Anniversary

SE's figure is 500,000. And they've never changed that. I'd imagine FFXI is about the same though, maybe a couple ten thousand lower, but not much.

Comment

I would think they would have another game coming out to replace FFXI before the actual game ends-
      http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
      ---
      Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
      ----
      Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

Stop ...derailing ...the thread.

75 BLU | THF | PLD

Comment

If the special items are given only to people who attend the expos, then that's really not fair. A lot of the playerbase is unable to travel for several reasons. Hell, I know people who play that are not 18 yet and probably wouldn't get permission from their parents to go. I couldn't go because there would be no one to watch my kids while I was gone, and hell, I can't afford it.

To do something like that seems incredibly unfair, considering that these events are usually out in humongous cities that are nowhere near here. Not like I expect one to be in my own backyard, but travel is difficult for many of us. I would resent S/E if they signed people up for an in-game item ONLY if they went to some RL event.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
            If the special items are given only to people who attend the expos, then that's really not fair. A lot of the playerbase is unable to travel for several reasons. Hell, I know people who play that are not 18 yet and probably wouldn't get permission from their parents to go. I couldn't go because there would be no one to watch my kids while I was gone, and hell, I can't afford it.
            To do something like that seems incredibly unfair, considering that these events are usually out in humongous cities that are nowhere near here. Not like I expect one to be in my own backyard, but travel is difficult for many of us. I would resent S/E if they signed people up for an in-game item ONLY if they went to some RL event.

they give event items to events alot, tho they wouldnt do it with a ring, because i doubt they would unbalance the game by another 30k exp etc.
            [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

If that ring really is an event-giveaway for attending members onry, then SE better watch out at night;

Handbanana has just one thing to say to SE: Tonight, you!
              sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                If that ring really is an event-giveaway for attending members onry, then SE better watch out at night;

oh boo hoo, if you want the item then go to the event, ifyou cant or dont want to go, then tough. Good lord -.-
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I doubt they'll give the ring to people who go to the event onry. I mean, look at past rewards. Moogle rods, give a good lowbie pie and squeak. Even the ballista Royale rewards were just teleporting caps.

Comment

Wasn't the Moogle rod an attendance only reward?
                    Just sayin..they have been known to do event only rewards

Comment

cool it starts on my 18th birthday, how lucky am I? lol but seriously I hope I get somthing that would be a cool Birthday present!

Comment

Wasn't the Moogle rod an attendance only reward?
                        Just sayin..they have been known to do event only rewards
                        In case you didn't read my post, that was the entire point.

Comment

oh boo hoo, if you want the item then go to the event, ifyou cant or dont want to go, then tough. Good lord -.-
                          dick > - >

lighten up
                          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                            In case you didn't read my post, that was the entire point.
                            musta posted near the same time, yours wasn't there when I did mine, lol
                            that or the horrible, I'm on my work network which hates to refresh, got me again

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post

Lol x10
                              "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
                                So wait, because my status (parent) and financial capabilities do not permit otherwise, you are saying that I am fucked? I still do not think that is very fair. There are a LOT of people (myself included) who would love to go, but are incapable of doing so.

What an attitude to have.
                                sigpic
                                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
                                X