Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What novelties/minigames would you like to see added to FFXI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What novelties/minigames would you like to see added to FFXI?

This topic really isn't about sweeping gameplay changes or job additions. Its more along the lines of some nice, fun touches added to to game in the last few months. Chocobo Hot'n'Cold, Chocobo Racing, Venture Roll, PUP and DRG pet emotes were some of them. It was stuff that made the game feel even more like Final Fantasy or added some personality to existing jobs.

One thing I've always wanted was a <call> that did the Kefka Laugh.

I've also become horribly addicted to the card battles in the new Chocobo Tales game on the Nintendo DS. I'd like to see the Card Battles from that game find a way in. Heck, I'd even take a way to make all those cardian cards a bit more useful.

And maybe an event where you could get weapons from the other FF games. Even if they were level 1 weapons, it's just be fun to see Cloud's Buster Sword, Yuffie's ninja star, Setzer's Dice or FFIV Cid's Mallet.

Re: What novelties/minigames would you like to see added to FFXI?

I agree with the novalty weapons.
    Twilightrose- THF/49 WAR/24 WHM/53 BLM/32 RNG/15 BST/25 NIN/27

Comment

More things like Venture's Roll. I think they unleashed a lot of potential with it.

I could imagine them adding games like Chess(for example) to the game. Two players stand target a "Chess Table" and hit enter. They both accept and the match begins. 20 small models(think Alexander from most recent missions) appear on the board and the camera zooms in. Each player takes turn by clicking a piece and moving it on the board accordingly(imagine a similar view to moving the furnishings in your mog house). The game ends, the winner gets the betting pool.

And that just a basic game like Chess, I'm sure they really wanted to, they could add a classic FF card game like Tetra Master into FFXI this way.

Another thing I'd like to see is our Mog House being more set up like Animal Crossing. Interactive furnishings, like being able to sit on a bed or chair for starters... but moving onto more complex things: like opening a drawer to quickly access your Storage/Bank menu or taking a sip of tea. Then you can get into some really cool things: like adding a music-box type furniture that plays a little tune any time you click on it.

SE seems to care a lot about making our Mog House look nice, so why not just go all-out and make it like Animal Crossing(or the Sims, whatever)?

And for more awesome: you take what I said about board-games(or card or dice games) above and you make them furniture. Then you let players play those games against a CPU opponent while in their Mog House, or allow players to invite his friends over and let them play each other.
      Read my blog.
      ffxibrp.livejournal.com
      Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
      Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Originally posted by Legal Fish View Post
        Another thing I'd like to see is our Mog House being more set up like Animal Crossing. Interactive furnishings, like being able to sit on a bed or chair for starters... but moving onto more complex things: like opening a drawer to quickly access your Storage/Bank menu or taking a sip of tea. Then you can get into some really cool things: like adding a music-box type furniture that plays a little tune any time you click on it.

SE seems to care a lot about making our Mog House look nice, so why not just go all-out and make it like Animal Crossing(or the Sims, whatever)?

And for more awesome: you take what I said about board-games(or card or dice games) above and you make them furniture. Then you let players play those games against a CPU opponent while in their Mog House, or allow players to invite his friends over and let them play each other.
        I have always wondered why I have a bad I cannot sleep in.

Well, OK, my house just has two chocobo plaques and a Windurst Flag in it these days.

But you're right, I'd like to see these things have more of a meaning and added personality other than a storage slot with a moghancement. I don't think I'm alone in that I just have a barren apartment with a moogle hovering in it. It doesn't even have a kitchen, shower, sink or toilet.

But then, I don't have to pay rent and get a free moogle slave, so maybe I shouldn't be complaining.

I would be nice to have some storage options divided up, like a pantry to put your food or medicine items in. Ammo box for ranged stuff or other consumable tools. A wardrobe to place your armor in. There's already the maniquinns, which are kinda nifty to put other armor on (still need to get around to questing that).
        Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 04-27-2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
          It doesn't even have a kitchen, shower, sink or toilet.
          If you're in Windurst, you have a shower, sink, and toilet in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hantz View Post
            ew :p
            My Signature. Now with 50% more processed ham product than those other leading signatures.

Which FF Character Are You?
            Originally posted by Balfree
            Why does every discussion have to be a little festivity of sorts, with purple doom rain and lunatic frogs singing the yodelay on top of mushrooms and little babies being eaten by crazy flying cows and green gas explosions on the horizon and screaming goats?

Comment

I would settle for a laser rifle!!

*pew pew pew*

p.s. only I would be able to wield one and it would do 2d20 dmg with a 1sec recharge. . . .. . . .
              /em wave hand across chest

/s This is not the sig you are looking for. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Hantz View Post
                LOL gross. Funny, but gross all the same.
                sigpic
                ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

TetraMaster. Playable vs NPCs OR PCs. Cards bought with something other than gil, basically the same point system it uses now. 'nuff said.

Comment

If they restricted Tetra Master to the Hostel in Al Zahbi people would actually use it .
                    Read my blog.
                    ffxibrp.livejournal.com
                    Currently: Entry #32, August 31/07.
                    Entry 32: Death to Castro

Comment

Yeah, for 3 seconds, until they lagged out.

Comment

I think when the TC said about getting weapons from other games, it should happen on holidays. I think the Card game from FF8 would be pretty cool, where you can even play against NPC's.
                        http://www.livejournal.com/users/zandria_/
                        ---
                        Dra Bmyhad Ec Toehk - FF7
                        ----
                        Final Fantasy XI - Zandria

Comment

they should add BlitzBall, & come up with tournaments & whatnot, that'd be Awesome XD And hey, it could be pheasably put into the game, say that the Ziliart or the Far Easterners invented it to take the regular peoples mind off of the war or something. lol They could make it semi-PVP, having spells & abilities affect the game in different ways than the abilities are used atm.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

G'ah no blitzball please.

But I do agree, they should dump the extra Tetra Master program and incorporate it into the game.
                            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                            Currently Playing:
                            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Working...
                            X