One 'effed up family tree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One 'effed up family tree.

This post is based on a true story. The names have been altered and the views expressed are not the views of FFXIOnline, but pretty much based on my observations on the Titan server. Titan is strange, I think much like much like our namesake implies, we are the thong wedged in the buttcrack of FFXI.

Ok, so we have LS A and LS B.

Both LSes are doing pretty well, but people within think they can do things better.

So, now LS C breaks off of LS A and LS D breaks off of LS B, because LS D thinks they can be more awesome than LS B.

Not content with how LS D is going, LS D merges with LS A to become the newer and more awesome LS E.

LS D never really had a good rep, their existance as LS D lasted six months after LS B and I predicted in late October that LS E would not remain whole after six months.

And surprise, surprise, there was a split and LS F was formed early this month, by people from LS E that left LS B to form LS D and merge with LS A to become LS E. LS F is clearly newer and more awesome.

Confused yet? I think I am.

And now, LC C finally splits in two and LS G is born

So now we have B, C, E, F and G. And they complain how crowded endgame is. I think it is fair to say that, in October, LS F will split to form LS H. If not, then it will be from LS E again, because some people from LS D remain. At any rate, LS H is inevitable and will be more awesome than anything that came before it.

I would have drawn a diagram, but it would be just as confusing.

This is why I just stick to doing endgame with friends only. Nothing else on Titan seems to be reliable. The only real constants seem to be Dynamis and social linkshells.

Re: One 'effed up family tree.

Hehehe, LSD.

Comment

Yeah, I like LSD out of all of them! lol

Comment

I was gonna make an LSD comment, but in the time it took me to read that(which was slowly, as I was trying to keep score), I was beaten to the punch.

As for the whole wannabes branching out, I dunno what to say. I'm not in endgame at the moment, and just barely engaged in Dynamis. For now, I'm glad for it. I hate to imagine the sort of Ragnarok drama I'll encounter.

Comment

brb, i'm gonna make a diagram in GIMP.

Comment

This actually isn't confusing at all. You want confusing, try to keep track of EVE online alliances..

Comment

Your diagram doesn't quite capture all the nuance; LS F is essentially LS D.

Also, after a major split, a LS changes fundamentally, so it should be denoted with something like:

A -> A' + C
              B -> B' + D

Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

I'm going to make a new linkshell called LSD.

Edit: Oh, ya. And all that nonsense is stupid. I like your idea BBQ, stick with friends and feck the others. Too much drama.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                ------
                Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

Nothing quite helps move you up the priority list for some drop like forming a new end game LS. Now, if only you could get claim...
                  Lyonheart
                  lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                  Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                  Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                  Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                  Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                  Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                  Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                    Nothing quite helps move you up the priority list for some drop like forming a new end game LS. Now, if only you could get claim...
                    ding ding ding! we have a winner!

I wouldn't be surprised if most of these breaks were due to one guy complaining about not getting Item X and saying to his friends "let's make an endgame LS, I'll give all you guys priority" and voila, LS D is born.

Comment

lol at all this
                      [FFXI Journal][Pld][War][Nin][Drg][Rng][Brd]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll154/xsev/orly.jpg

Comment

so to make lsd, you have to get a powder drop from fafnir and some key item 'really good stuff' from cerberus? and if you actually want to get any then you need priority, which means a new ls...

no wonder I never see any on the ah.
                        Grant me wings so I may fly;
                        My restless soul is longing.
                        No Pain remains no Feeling~
                        Eternity Awaits.

Comment

LS D actually was formed from the people from LSB that were frustrated and wished to turn to bot claim, speed hack and MPK as much as possible. LS B was successful before and remains so (even if they are a bit prickish to outsiders) and they wouldn't have shady tactics, so LS D was born.

LS A was really elite as far as HNMs go, probably the biggest rival to LS B (wow, if I keep going with this, Jei might connect all the dots). But when the founding leader quit the game (or so we're to believe), they lost a lot of members because the new leadership fell on members who had pretty lax standards and that LS started accepting all breeds of noobs and scum. This was actually well after the formation of LS C, too.

LS D failed in their venture and sought to be strengthed by the now lax LS A. The resulting LS E's linkshell holder was and still is nothing more than a figurehead. And when one of the cronies from LS D got a higher rank in the LS, some disagreeable things started happening. He'd pretty much wiped members points on a whim. That's how he got his ridill. Funny thing is my WAR buds have outparsed him in each encounter.

So its no surprise that LS F now exists, but LS F does have some questionable memebers, so I think its safe to say that there will be a falling out since there are LS D members there. I give it six months before they split off and make LS H.

I'm betting LS G won't have problems for quite some time, a year and a half at the very least. There probably wasn't even much drama over the split from LS C, both are pretty cool-headed, well, except for LS C members do sometime like to do coversations in shout in Whitegate.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                            (wow, if I keep going with this, Jei might connect all the dots).
                            Sooooo, were you in any of the ls's mentioned?
                            Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Feba's diagram needs more arrows going in random places to illustrate the randomness of this LS creating/death IMO. And a few Step 4: ?????, Step 5: Profit! lines in there, since that's really the last few steps these new LS's are going by.

But yea, funny story at the least BBQ. Interesting drama you people have on Titan <_<.
                              Cleverness - Hades
                              75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                              DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Working...
                              X