Loot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loot Question

I'm fairly new to this game and have been reading a lot, but I had a question hadn't found anywhere in the forums.

Does the "con" of the mob affect the drop rate? do DC mobs drop less than T or IT mobs?

do TW mobs drop at all?

thx for the help.

Re: Loot Question

Originally posted by eliot View Post
    I'm fairly new to this game and have been reading a lot, but I had a question hadn't found anywhere in the forums.

Does the "con" of the mob affect the drop rate? do DC mobs drop less than T or IT mobs?

do TW mobs drop at all?

thx for the help.
    A lot of it is speculation. Some people say that the lower level you are, the more that will drop. Some say otherwise.

For certain, beastman seals, kindreds seals, and crystals are the only items that drop based on the level of the mob you're fighting.
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

so

-normal mob drops is unknown
      -seals and crystals tend to drop more the higher the mob cons

thx, mog

Comment

Originally posted by eliot View Post
        so

-normal mob drops is unknown
        -seals and crystals tend to drop more the higher the mob cons

thx, mog
        If the mob cons anything other than "Too Weak To Be Worthwhile", then seals and crystals have a chance of dropping.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Yeah the rest is just mega-superstition. I used to kill tigers and the EP ones had no better drop rates than the too weak ones in my opinion....
          Last edited by Shadowneko; 04-06-2007, 05:12 AM.
          Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
          (have fun MMO players ^^)
          Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

TW mobs still drop items, just not crystals or seals, I have noticed that they don't drop as frequently the higher I get away from the mobs base, it's a catch 22 though, while the mobs seem to drop less frequently I can run through them effortlessly, would love to see quantitive data comparing, but since job affects and some have proported that lunar cycle and day can also affect, amassing the ammount of like like data would be near impossible for you to conclusivley determine the level of effect.

Another interesting tid bit would be to see a correlation between area dominance. Since beast in control has a known impact on drops, does a extreemly high level of influence also have an impact?

Comment

LONG VERSION:
              when i first got into this game it struck me as odd how little was quantified. some of the other mmorpgs i've played had EXACT formulas for determining literally every aspect of the game.

the more i've read the more i've realized how much more complex this game is. it seems like everything (crafting rates, drop rates, skill up rates) has a million input variables so, of course, the exact formulas aren't known.

i'm starting to like that level of complexity b/c i think it adds a level of realism. i LIKE that this game is complex enough to have superstition. kind of fun really

sry for the rant.

SHORT VERSION:
              thx for the tips, guys. i guess i have to get out there and kill a bunch of crap and come up w/ my own superstitions. those crawlers in east sarutabaruta better be on their guard tonight .

Comment

Originally posted by Mog View Post
                If the mob cons anything other than "Too Weak To Be Worthwhile", then seals and crystals have a chance of dropping.
                Well... that's sorta right. You have to include "Impossible to Gauge", too. There is no way a level 75 will get that stuff off of Spiny Spipi. It depends on the level.
                Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
                I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Comment

Working...
                X