Allakhazam is owned by IGE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allakhazam is owned by IGE?

SE, are you aware that Allakhazam was bought out by ZAM.com, a company owned by an infamous gil-selling site called IGE?

Source: http://www.corpnews.com/node/133?PHP...cd88533d8ef1c6

Just wondering since I find it ironic it's still one of your premiere sites. I thought you had a firm stance against RMT.

Re: Allakhazam is owned by IGE?

Originally posted by moonglo View Post
    SE, are you aware that Allakhazam was bought out by ZAM.com, a company owned by an infamous gil-selling site called IGE?

Source: http://www.corpnews.com/node/133?PHP...cd88533d8ef1c6

Just wondering since I find it ironic it's still one of your premiere sites. I thought you had a firm stance against RMT.
    Killvoid.com (killing ifrit) also recieves revenue from IGE for hosting their ads.

FFXionline gets linked to RMT ads due to bad Google AdSense but that's about as far as that goes, you don't see it if you're logged in, thankfully.

Comment

Well, IGE is still around, so I'm pretty sure it's a moot point. Considering its size and all, it wouldn't be hard for SE to take up legal action with IGE IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO. I'm still under the belief they have an under-the-table deal going on >_<.
      Cleverness - Hades
      75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
      DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

Heheh, 1 year old news, that's why I completely stopped posting and visiting the site.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure SE knows about it.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

SE pretty much knows about it, and they have for a while. As of yet however, Allakhazam has not avocated RMT so SE has to allow them to remain a premier site, because TECHNICALLY IGE doesn't own Allakhazam, IGE's Sockpuppet owns Allakhazam.
          Originally posted by Ellipses
          Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
          Originally posted by MCLV
          A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
          More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by Clever Ninja View Post
            Well, IGE is still around, so I'm pretty sure it's a moot point. Considering its size and all, it wouldn't be hard for SE to take up legal action with IGE IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO. I'm still under the belief they have an under-the-table deal going on >_<.
            RMT have been taken to the courts before, they get off the hook due to the claime they're not selling intellectual property (gil), just the time they spent to make it.

Comment

The difficulty with this is how SE could take steps farther to be able to take it to court.

Problem being that ToS isn't a legal contract as much as terms of service volation, so SE can pull it's jurisdiction out of the game itself.

This is why the RMT war is so hard to fight, they are exploiting a loophole in the legal system to make money off of SE and other players.

As far as Allakhazam goes, there was nothing the mods and admins of the FFXI department could do about it, and SE understand that. As long as Alla continues to not willingly support RMT publically, SE can overlook something that was generally out of their control.

That being said, the Admins there are trying really hard to get the site streamlined and under control again. I have to at least applaud their efforts there.

Art done by Fred Perry.

Comment

moving to general because
                1. it's olde news
                2. they are aware of that fact
                3. rhetorical question

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                X