Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Zhayolm (H-10) Jagil Camp

http://monsters.ffxi-atlas.com/camp_display.php?id=39

I had a party of 68's today at Mount Zhayolm and we tried the (H-10) camp to see if we could get higher XP levels as Eruka drop off at that level. Here are some notes regarding this camp:

1. This is basically a Sicklemoon Jagil only camp--there are plenty of Jagil spawns here (This is why we tried it).

2. There are Phasma pops north and south of the camp between 20:00 and 04:00. If you camp on the crack only the Phasma that pops near the vent will be close enough to aggro. At night, I recommend you pull this Phasma and kill it. PLD (or MNK DDs) & WHM is recommended for this camp because of this.

3. The Jagils and Wootzshells that live nearby will occasionally invade the camp and will need to be Slept. This is not generally a problem and can save you the trouble of actually pulling one. BLM, BRD, or RDM/BLM for Sleepga or Horde Lullaby is the best repair for multiple adds (we had the occasional 3 mob group with two sleeping).

The camp is nice with the right setup, but if you tweak it just slightly (by say replacing the PLD with a NIN) you won't be able to kill the Phasma efficiently.

Ok.. so to the recommended setup:

Option 1: PLD Tank, 2x DD, WHM, RDM/BLM, BRD
    Option 2: NIN Tank, 2x MNK, WHM, RDM/BLM, BRD

You may put in a BLM in the BRD or RDM/BLM spot. Be aware that BLMs typically had very, very low MP even with Sanction Refresh and spell Refresh.

Our setup: PLD Tank, 2x WAR/NIN, WHM, RDM/WHM, BLM/WHM

This setup did about 5k xp/hr which is about what a standard party gets here. A TP Burn can probably do better chaining Eruka.

I would say all in all for a 68th level party the preferred stationary camp is the (J-8) mixed Pugil/Eruka camp (which was taken when we arrived).

A TP Burn setup is likely to do quite well at either location, but the primary DDs for the Jagil Only (H-10) Camp should be MNKs. If you are lacking a WHM, however, you won't be able to take the Phasma out as quickly and it has a 5-min respawn so you have to kill it 2-3 times each night.

An good experiment for this camp might be:

NIN/WAR, MNK/NIN, MNK/NIN, MNK/NIN, WHM/BLM, BRD/WHM

Phasma are very difficult to Silence, so Ancient Magic needs to be interrupted, stunned or absorbed by shadows.

Has anyone else had good experience with this camp site?

Re: Mount Zhayolm (H-10) Jagil Camp

I've camped there before. It wasn't bad exp, but the party kind of sucked so we didn't stay long. I imagine if I'd been there with a better party, or with friends, it may have been another story.

Comment

Phasma is a Ghost, right? According to Wiki's info on Damage Types, Blunt damage takes a 50% penalty against Ghosts, while Slashing and Piercing only take a 25% penalty.
      So why recommend MNK as the preferred DD type specifically to counter Phasmas?
      Lyonheart
      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
        So why recommend MNK as the preferred DD type specifically to counter Phasmas?
        Just Banish them and see.
        sigpic
        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

I think my party got wiped there before. Too much agro in that area.

Comment

The aggro is why you need AoE sleep. You can dispose of the mobs relatively quickly and we never had more than 3, but if one of those 3 is a Phasma and you can't kill it very quickly, you will die. In fact, since you're killing it anyway, it might be wise to camp in it's house on the vent. The pugils don't go over there.

My travel brochure would say this:

"An exciting, fast-paced advanced camp with fast-paced non-stop action!"

Comment

Working...
            X