From Yhutunga To Yhoatar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Yhutunga To Yhoatar

That place is like a complete maze to me! I just came back from trying to make my way to Yhoater, (from Yhutuga) but I'm really having a very bad time with it!

It's always nice that once in a while, I can get someone ingame to help me on the way there, but help is always a lucky shot and is something you'd always have to appreciate. It's not something which comes along everyday!

At some point, (like this evening) this is the kind of thing you have to do for yourself, and I tried weaving in and out, trying to get there, (even when I got a /tell from someone asking me to /raise them, and I wish I could have done this too) but shamlessly I ended up getting killed by a gob, and ended up back in Windy since I forgot to set my hp in Jeuno or Kazham. *sigh!*

So I guess what I'm saying is..... (or rather, asking)
    is there anyone who could write down for me, a POS by POS guide on how to get to Yhoater by myself, or maybe something similar which would help to guide me there, because unless I have any help at all..... I'm going to get absolutely NOWHERE in tracing my steps!

I DO have an ingame map of that place too, but I'm always finding it so confusing to follow!
    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    C('')('')

Re: From Yhutunga To Yhoatar

Courtesy of FFXI Atlas

Comment

From Kahzam, follow the red line, drop down the green dot and keep following the red line.

To get back to Kahzam, follow the purple line and drop down the green dot also.

There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I've been here soooo many times, and I always get lost when I try to find my way somewhere unless I'm using an offline map. If you have a way to see these annotated maps (try www.ffxi-atlas.com) online such as a second computer, use it. I do this with my #2 Comp for all zones I don't have a map for or the Jungles since none of the many tunnels are marked. If you don't have two computers or some alternative method of viewing the map online, just print it out and keep it handy. Directions to a specific camp are nice, but the full map is much nicer to have around since you'll eventually end up going to the Temple of Uggalipeh or Ifrit's Cauldron.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the extra help guys! Espedially that one from you Jei. This will pont me in the right direction completely! Thanks again for those!

I was actually a bit confused at first, cause you said red, and purple lines, and I thouhgt....

Which red and purple lines are you talking about? I see NO red and purple lines! I was trying to follow the one from ffxiatlas.com which "Eohmer" posted, and didn't know what you meant until I scrolled down a few metres.

I do not have another computer to aid me when I need to check out quests, where you can buy items ingame, and which creatures drop which items e.t.c especially looking at maps too.

I did buy myself one of those small palm pocket devices a while ago, but I have found that that you cannot really see as much as you can on a proper computer screen, so things in this way are limited, plus I haven't got a proper connection setup with it either.

I really think that by far, the best bet here is to have a laptop, but those things can be really expensive! So my only option at the moment is to print things out insteadl

Thanks again!

P.S. - I would probably be printing those out in Black and White, since colour always wastes a lot of ink for both in no time. I don't have a completely superior printer here.
          Last edited by Snowball; 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM.
          (\ /)
          ( . .)
          C('')('')

Comment

I would print it out so it takes up as much of a piece of paper as possible and then grab two color markers and add color. 99% of a time color printers are a waste of money. You would be amazed how much color ink a printer will still use even if you tell it to print in black and white if you don't pick just the right options on some printers. A cheap black and white laser printer is the way to go imo, don't even give it a choice about using color.
            Freyr - Not Started

Websites: FFXI Atlas | FFXI Wiki
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyr View Post
              I would print it out so it takes up as much of a piece of paper as possible and then grab two color markers and add color.
              I never thought of adding the colour bit afterwards. I might do that.

Thanks.

99% of a time color printers are a waste of money. You would be amazed how much color ink a printer will still use even if you tell it to print in black and white if you don't pick just the right options on some printers.
              I know that a printer always has to use both Black, and Colour even you wanted to print something in Black and White, though I've never really understood how the process works in them.

If you have a colour printer, (like I do) and you took out the colour block, and just left the black one in cause you wanted to print in black and white, wouldn't you still get a black and white result from it, or would it turn out a bit odd?

A cheap black and white laser printer is the way to go imo, don't even give it a choice about using color.
              I never knew you could just get black and white printers. I might look around and consider this.

I'm not sure whether I'm right or not here, but isn't black ink somewhat cheaper than colour ink? They seem to make a lot of it, and yet it all gets used up in no time! Ironic maybe. I'm not sure.

Also, what is the difference beween a normal inkjet printer, and a laser printer please?

P.S. I'm sorry to wander a bit off topic.
              (\ /)
              ( . .)
              C('')('')

Comment

I never thought of adding the colour bit afterwards. I might do that.

Thanks.

No problem here to help

I know that a printer always has to use both Black, and Colour even you wanted to print something in Black and White, though I've never really understood how the process works in them.

If you have a colour printer, (like I do) and you took out the colour block, and just left the black one in cause you wanted to print in black and white, wouldn't you still get a black and white result from it, or would it turn out a bit odd?
                There should be a option in the printer option menu, to set it to use only the black ink. Normaly this will make it only use the black ink but in some cases on some printers it will still waste color ink. You could try to take the color cartridges out and see what happens but I could not tell you for sure what would happen, because I most likeily have never owned your model printer.

I never knew you could just get black and white printers. I might look around and consider this.

Their was a time before color printers even existed. I have two printers at my house. A older black only laser printer that I use for 99% of all my printing needs and a color one for the rare times I need color.

I'm not sure whether I'm right or not here, but isn't black ink somewhat cheaper than colour ink? They seem to make a lot of it, and yet it all gets used up in no time! Ironic maybe. I'm not sure.

The people that are selling you the ink would like to tell you it is but not really. They just put a couple extra things into the ink to changes the color. Almost all the companies that make printers don't make much profit of the printers themself they make their money off the ink. Back during the late 80s early 90s printers could easily cost $500+ for even a lowend model but now days you can buy some for less then $80.

Also, what is the difference beween a normal inkjet printer, and a laser printer please?

In simplest terms laser prints cost much less per page printed and are much fast at printing each page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inkjet
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_printer

Here is a laser printer
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828113160
                You have two choice for Toner
                Cartridge with it.
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817102628
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817102629
                The first one is $43.99 for 2,500 pages at 5% coverage.
                Second one is $74.99 for 12,000 pages at 5% coverage.

Now here is a Inkjet.
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828104479
                Here is it's black ink cartridge.
                http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828104479
                $17.99 for about 400 pages.
                Freyr - Not Started

Websites: FFXI Atlas | FFXI Wiki
                sigpic

Comment

I found these maps online on one of the JP sites and edited them to display in English instead. This is what the jungle ingame maps SHOULD have looked like

Hope that helps!
                  CatrinM WHM75/BST75/BRD45/BLM37/PLD37/WAR37
                  Bastok [10] Sandoria [10] Windurst [9]
                  Linkshell: PromathiaChained / Shiva
                  Catrin BST75/WHM37/BLM31/SMN9/NIN7/MNK6
                  Bastok [6] Sandoria [1] Windurst [1]
                  Beastmasters never die, we just get do-overs!

Comment

Does the site have versions of all of the maps like this? While I don't have trouble navigating through the jungles, I think other maps with this kind of detail would be very useful (even if I can't read them)!

WHM99 - RDM99 - WAR99 - BRD99 - MNK99 - BLM99 - DNC99 - SCH 99 - BST 99
                    WorldSlayers ~ Asura http://sillygalka.blogspot.com

Comment

Saved!

Comment

I'm sorry, I was doing a search for something else and flipped through these on a JP site - I don't have JP fonts installed, and couldn't read them even if I did, so I just moved on.

I didn't realize what they were until a few hours later, then I couldn't find the site again, so I 'rescued' the images from the browser cache and edited them to insert the English text instead of the original JP.

If anyone knows what the original site is for these, please let us know if they have other maps available too
                        CatrinM WHM75/BST75/BRD45/BLM37/PLD37/WAR37
                        Bastok [10] Sandoria [10] Windurst [9]
                        Catrin BST75/WHM37/BLM31/SMN9/NIN7/MNK6
                        Bastok [6] Sandoria [1] Windurst [1]
                        Beastmasters never die, we just get do-overs!

Comment

Working...
                        X