Dark Mana Orb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Mana Orb?

I fought Fenrir for the second time tonight and picked up this key item.

Anybody know what this is about? I thought it might be for Waking the Beast since I recently picked up a Rainbow Resonator while doing CoP missions, but the walkthrough on the wiki says nothing about Fenrir or this key item at all. The only entry for Dark Mana Orb is for the ones in the Windy rank 1 mission, which obviously isn't the same thing.
    Attached Files
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Re: Dark Mana Orb?

pass it to the children.. .something to do with the new year event?
    There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
    but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
    transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

I sure hope you don't have to fight Fenrir to complete the new year event.

I suppose I could try the star onion brigade ... They're children and have some quests relating to mana orbs. I think it probably means the children of Vana'diel or children of the dawn like avatars always refer to the 5 races, but that still doesn't give me any clue what to do with it.

Comment

Ah HA! I checked the SOB quest pages on the wiki and found it.
        If you are rank 10 in Windurst (or have been and changed nation) and kill Fenrir you will get a key item: "Dark Mana Orb". When you have that go talk to Kohlo-Lakolo for a final cutscene that ties together the S.O.B. quests with the Windurst mission story line.
        So it's a final completion thing after getting rank 10 AND completing the SOB quests. Guess I'll do the last two of those quests tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
          Ah HA! I checked the SOB quest pages on the wiki and found it.So it's a final completion thing after getting rank 10 AND completing the SOB quests. Guess I'll do the last two of those quests tomorrow.
          Nice... congratulations in advance!

Comment

Working...
          X